Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Ah, I see. This is how I die.

Evening Drizzle/Rain
P
04-26-2022, 05:20 AM
^^
dated 4-14; directly after this thread

The Pasture was just past the mountain range, the kind gentlemen had said, and off Harper had gone, in wonder about this seemingly aggressive pack that might not have other friendly wolves hidden within. She supposed every rose had its thorns, as even Harper didn’t agree with some of the concepts of Elysium.

It had begun to drizzle a bit by the time she had made her way around the mountains and into the pasture. There, too, was a mist and the songs of birds, that made her feel somewhat at ease, and she wondered if the mist only happened at a certain time or if the pasture was always hazy.

She was pressed for time, though, for both the festival, and with the daylight being lost every step of the way. If she wasn’t able to find the Jewelweed she needed tonight, she might need to make camp and wait for the morning to come - though she really didn’t want it to come to that.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Medic
04-26-2022, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2022, 04:21 PM by mysterydead. Edited 1 time in total.)
The woman moved through the land, gathering her herbs as she went. The basket that hung from her mouth was her gift from Err, one that held all of her plants as she walked. Every now and then she would set down the basket in order to pull and gather a few herbs before placing them in the basket and continuing to walk. It was extremely foggy here, something that she was rather used to and typically used her smell to guide her. However, the herbs she was gathering was rather potent and it made it difficult to notice that another was near. 

Because of that, she didn't realize someone was there until she had ran into them, her basket bouncing off of them and her herbs going flying. Moss, Goldenroot, Jewelweed and Chamomile all went flying, no longer put into neat little stacks as she had it earlier. "Oh, oh goodness, are you alright? I'm so sorry, I didn't see you through the mist." Much like she always did, the woman quickly began sniffing the dark female in front of her, assessing her for any injuring that she may have caused.

the staff team luvs u
PM me if I don't reply within 3 days.
Roslyn's Account
[Image: ezgif-5-4e47669b0e.gif]
Notes
Mystery has scars running from her shoulders to the middle of her back.
Her left ear is torn off and her tail bitten off half way.
04-26-2022, 05:48 AM
^^It had never actually happened before, that someone had somehow, not seen or smelled Harper enough to run right smack into them. As big as she was, usually it was she who was running into smaller canines, and not the other way around.

And the very first thing she noticed was that this crafty canine held a device made for gathering herbs like a little pouch, that was now on the ground, with several different herbs. And among those, was Jewelweed. She noted, too, Chamomile, and before she could ask questions, the smaller girl was apologizing and sniffing at her.

And when Harper turned to look at her, blinking a bit, having not expected to run into anyone, nor anyone that was nice, especially after speaking to Almight. The smaller female would not find any injuries, though, and Harper went to sniff at the female as she was sniffing her.

“Are you alright?” She’d muse, since she was larger than the other, it was more likely that Mystery would have gotten hurt, and not Harper. “The mist is kind of.. in the way, if I do say so me self.”

Harper went over to sniff at the bag that she’d been carrying, arching her brows. “I don’t mean to be nosy, but what is this?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-26-2022, 04:21 PM
After being content that the woman wasn't hurt at all, Mystery noted that the larger woman did much the same, sniffing and asking her if she was alright. With a nod, she would confirm that she was, indeed, uninjured. "Oh yes, it was a small bump, nothing serious. The mist here almost never leaves." She noted the accent on the woman's tongue but kept that to the side for now, instead moving to pick up her herbs. However, it seemed the woman was there before her, sniffing at her basket and asking about it. Of course, Mystery forgot that not everyone had a rat best friend to make things for them. "Oh, this is a basket. My rat friend made it for me so I could gather herbs in large groups instead of only a few at a time." 

She would right the basket before slowly and carefully picking her herbs back up and placing them in piles into the container. "It's extremely useful." She glanced over at the woman for a moment. "I don't mean to pry, but you smell of herbs, are you a healer by chance?" She was excited to meet another healer, only really knowing of Err and herself. Of course she knew other healers existed but hadn't met a lot. From the smell of it, this woman was from a pack too.

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Ecologist
04-26-2022, 05:29 PM
^^Harper watched over this female with the curious tilt of her head, brows arching. Rat friend. This woman had a rat friend, who crafted this basket for her - and Harper was curious if they would make something for her, too.

When the woman asked her question, Harper had assumed that she was about to ask about the accent, as one usually did, but she didn’t. Instead, she asked about herbs and healing. Her eyes drifted to the herbs that Mystery was re-collecting.

“I am, and from the look of things, you is too. Does rat friend make baskets for non-friends?” Harper asked, arching her brows, thinking of Almight and the words he’d used previously. Warlord. Public executions. If this was in fact the grounds of an aggressive pack, she supposed it would be extremely useful to have healers.

“I’m actually here to collect Jewelweed, for my pack’s Spring Festival… and for me medical garden. One of yours said I could find them here, but giving the current state of the daylight…” Harper’s ears lowered as she sighed.

“I am Harper Bacchus, Thornweaver or Medicine Lady of Elysium. Nice to meet a fellow healer.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-26-2022, 05:43 PM
The woman thought for a moment, thinking back to Err. She didn't think he would have a problem making another basket, but at the same time, she didn't know how he felt about wolves from other packs. So, Mystery figured she could think of something else. The woman also needed the herbs she was gathering. Mystery knew how difficult these herbs were to find in the daylight. Most of hers had been gathered near dawn and was just being transported back home. With a chuckle, she would finish gathering her herbs in the basket before placing it in front of the woman.

"Here, take it. I have more herbs and another basket back at home. I'm sure the Goldenrod and Chamomile will come in hand too." She offered a large and warm smile, her eyes shining brightly. "My name is Mystery Crystal, a healer to the Nightwalkers." As much as she didn't like proclaiming she was from Nightwalkers, it wasn't too hard to figure out considering how close they were to her home. "It's very nice to meet you. I haven't heard of Elysium before, are you in the forest?" She thought she knew of all the packs in the forest and the confusion on her face showed that she was wondering where this wolf came from

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
04-27-2022, 02:29 AM
^^The mystery woman named Mystery moved to place the basket and all the herbs she had probably spent the day gathering, in front of Harper - simply offering it to her, for nothing in exchange. What madness was this? Her eyes narrowed suspiciously, glancing around as if she expected to find other wolves hiding in the bushes as if Harper was being pranked.

It felt so odd to have someone be this Kind to her, especially after the handsome stranger had told her to be wary of others. Yet, Harper was finding this woman’s company to be more than enjoyable. “A pleasure to meet you, Ms. Crystal, but I will only accept this wonderful gift if you promise to come to our Spring Festival with that handsome stranger.” Harper would say, of course in a playful tone, her own eyes shining brightly.

“Elysium is… north. So north that the Tundra is in our backyard. I come here seeking pretty flowers for Valeska’s Festival. Perhaps the pretty girl and handsome stranger of Nightwalker come visit me sometime, yes?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-27-2022, 03:21 AM
The woman seemed to not trust her, which she understood and wasn't offended by in the slightest. She would patiently wait for the larger woman to check the area, showing that it wasn't a trap. "It's very nice to meet you! I would love to come to the festival, thank you very much." She tried to stop herself from giggling slightly. "Who is the man you're talking about?" She had met quite a few cute wolves in the pack, none of which that she really knew or talked to very well. 

"If you know their name or what they look like, I certainly can speak to them and let them know you would like to see them at the festival." She would smile softly, thinking for a moment as she spoke about the location of her pack. "I believe I know where that is, when is the festival planned for? I would love to head up there." She thought for a moment before speaking again. "If you don't mind me asking, would it be okay if I bright a plus one on my side?" She thought it would be a wonderful experience for her and Err to go to a festival together, but of course she didn't want to intrude.

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
05-04-2022, 12:36 AM
^^To be fair, Harper had trust issues with everyone - but moreso now because Almight had given her a warning; a warning, only for Harper to find a friendly Mystery. “Oh, ums, he was a collection of grays,” he reminded her of river rocks, for some reason.

“You can brings all the nice friends you want, I’s sure seester no mind.” Harper would smile with the sway of her tail, sniffing at the gift she’d just received. “I has to find a way to giftee something for this nice herb-carrier-thing anyway.” Harper cooed, wagging her tail.

“I came come collect you when it is time for festival, yes?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
05-11-2022, 02:26 AM
She found herself chuckling slightly at the woman's words, shaking her head. For the most part, that could describe everyone, but she figured she could figure it out. Wagging her tail slightly she would smile, nodding her head at her words. "Of course! I look forward to seeing you again. I should be getting back to my pack before night. I hope that basket works well for you." She smiled warmly before turning to leave, her step happy that she was able to not only help another, but also gain what she figured she may call a friend.

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
scroll to top