Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
She calls me, she calls me, she calls me...

Evening Fog 45° F
P
Nightwalkers
Content Warning
Formation
03-30-2021, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 05:33 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
@Vengeance! 

It had been a week or so since she was...violated.
And though the pale woman was up and about just fine, she was still aching, still stinging even if it was all dull and not as bad as it had been during her attack.
It showed in her slight limp as she tried to hunt a young deer that had wandered too far from its herd elsewhere. 

Amazingly enough she stayed focused even as her Master's scent strengthened in places as she stalked her quarry. 

Some part of her was paranoid that He would assault her again, or worse, and she kept shoving the fear down for the sake of providing a meal for her pack. 

She was within distance to attack her prey now, and she braced to streak forward.

+2 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-30-2021, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 05:49 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
He was the king of the woods now, as more days slipped through the sands of time, his hold on the mist and its inhabitants grew stronger. Soon enough they should be able to officially claim these lands as theirs, the whisper of their names carried by the breeze and blood that shed from their enemies and all who oppose their power. Though patience wasn't something Vengeance had of plenty, he had enough to keep his own greed and lust under a certain amount of control...

But of course, eventually, he would become bolder as power would corrupt him further. It was only a matter of time.

Eventually, during his routine patrol around the mist - a figure caught his eye. Eldra was back and roaming the woods, searching... hunting for something. And so, he would wait and watch patiently. Following in the shadows of the mist and trees just barely visible as if he were some cryptid just standing outside of one's peripherals.

He wondered... did he haunt her dreams already?
^^

+1 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
03-30-2021, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 05:49 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Indeed he did. Often times she had a lack of sleep due to traumatized nightmares.

the deer upturned his youthful head from grazing, looking directly in Ven's direction.

And Eldra erupted forward in a burst of speed, instigating a short chase that ended with her taking the ungulate to the ground in a thrashing roll. 
It screamed and struggled, but ultimately Eldra ended up snapping it's neck. 

She dropped her hold with a heavy pant, beginning to pull herself up so she could drag her kill to share it with someone. Maybe Bramble as an apology? 

Or Caligula maybe? Or...Vengeance, she supposed...

+1 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-30-2021, 11:00 PM
^^
He was left unnoticed as he watched, showing her hunt but moving slowly as he followed her scent when she launched off to finalize her kill. He was in no rush after all. Just watching. Waiting. Wondering what he would do today if she had learned her lesson or perhaps he should continue to oppress the poor girl until he gained some form of respect for her again.

Truly, her heart was in the right place, he was certain. She wanted to be better, yearned for praise - but that didn't mean he was willing to give it willy nilly. The man had standards. And if she was truly that desperate to be the warrior he expected her to be, then she would go through hell and back until she got it right.

The smell of blood indicated she had successfully taken down the beast. The amount and suddenness of it couldn't mean anything else. So as he approached, he did so from behind her as she dragged it along. Grinning as he let his feet fall as silently as they could, though not completely mute either thanks to his sheer girth. “That should feed a few.” He cooed darkly the moment he was almost in reach of her rear.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-31-2021, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 05:50 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
This time, she heard him coming. 
At first she didn't notice his footfalls, but after his stench and hearing some slight rustling, she could tell. 
It didn't stop Eldra from tensing up though.
As his voice cooed darkly from near her hocks, she tucked her tail tightly and slowly turned to face him, young deer still in her teeth with a low grunt as she tried to pull it further in front of her to show him her prize in full. 

"I've also cached some rabbits. Not too many, but there's a small collection buried under a risen tree root..." She responded, dropping her kill and backing off a few steps in case her Warlord desired to feed.

+1 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-31-2021, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 05:50 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
So it seemed Eldra kept herself busy, focussing on preparing caches most of all - which was good, it meant Vengeance himself didn't have to bother with such things as often and keep to the borders to refresh the borders with his putrid odour. He certainly preferred the rush of fighting off trespassers and useless joiner-wannabes than doing mundane hunts for the pack to use instead of feeding himself.

“Good.” He would bring some to @"Bramble" himself, with her leg, he was caring enough to keep her well-fed to keep her energy high enough to deal with any injuries he obtained. “Caligula tells me you are learning from him. What do you think of Caligula and his methods?” He would help Eldra carry her prey back to the main caches, taking a part of the carcass in his maw to begin pulling and they would tear it apart later to bury.

In the meantime, he wanted to hear someone else's opinion on the pale knight.
^^

+2 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-01-2021, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 05:51 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
As he offered his aid to her to move the young deer to a cache for burying, she took up a different leg, responding as best she could around the limb in her maws

"Yes, that's correct...His methods are sometimes strange, but they have done me only good. He has kept me on my toes, if that helps..." Eldra replied, still tentative to talk to her Lord as if he didn't Do Things. 
Inwardly she sighed, desiring only to not be used as his toy in the ways she had been recently. But she kept it to herself as best she could. 
"Are you considering him as your Second?" The pale titaness inquired with genuine curiosity. Did she want the title for herself? Yes, but she knew right now it was not hers to hold, nor, likely, would it be for some time. 
She knew Caligula to be patient and a great guide, thus, she could not, would not, object if that were the case - she could only cheer for the pale man.

+1 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Nightwalkers
Formation
04-02-2021, 03:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 05:51 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
For the most part their conversation, at least on his end, would be slow as he would only talk between tugs - setting the prey down just long enough to add to it every now and then. It seemed that Caligula had a good impression on his student here, even Vengeance himself had to admit the man was not lying about his previous experiences judging by their spar not too long ago.

“It's too early to tell.” Even if he was mildly fibbing, there was some truth there. Granted, Caligula was the front runner for the position - however... loyalty still had to be certain first. To give someone such a position meant that the two could not only get along fairly well and come to an agreement without too much conflict between them - but he had to be certain he wasn't giving such a valuable position to someone who was only planning to usurp him.

“There is still much to do before I come to such an important decision.”
^^

+1 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 04:17 AM
Eldra hmmed softly at his answers, though her support for Caligula didn't sway as she responded.
"I think he'd make a great one, but maybe I'm biased because he's teaching me." She shrugged softly and adjusted her hold on the deer she helped her Lord carry.

It would be a very slow process, but perhaps Eldra would eventually come to set aside her plans to ascend, which were, honestly, still in the drafting phase. 
As much as she kept these borderline dreams to herself, maybe one day she'd either set them in motion or let them rest. 
By the gods, did she loathe the idea of letting them rest.

But again, maybe, one day...she would let them. 
For now though, this, where she was, is the reality she is cloaked in.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 04:28 AM
^^
Perhaps they were both biased when it came to Caligula - or perhaps not. His calm demeanour and yet ruthless nature is what made him the front-runner after all. It was hard to miss. So far, he practiced what he preached and offered no reason for Vengeance to second guess his place as a Nightwalker or even the past he shared on their first meeting.

He set down his piece for a while longer than before, head sweeping to the side so he may watch Eldra with intrigue burning in his crimson eyes. “Are you jealous?” He teased. Wondering what her plans were, how far she would go to obtain whatever it was she was working toward... he assumed it was the same title she questioned about, regardless of how mighty she spoke of Caligula, envy was a powerful thing.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 04:35 AM
She could feel him watching her. 
At his tease, Eldra flattened her ears and flushed visibly.
"...Yes...but...I know I have no right to be. I haven't exactly been a contestant, given my errors." Eldra responded, gaze downcast and avoiding his own. 
The titaness wasn't sure what else to say about it, but she quite obviously knew, or at least thought, she knew her place, and that she stood no chance of gaining much at the moment aside from skill. 
Part of her was also bracing for him to belittle her.
the staff team luvs u
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 04:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 04:41 AM by Vengeance.)
^^
The lord of the mist's eyes did more move from the pale woman's face, eyes wide in mad interest as she spoke - at least she was honest, he would give her that. There was no fun in honesty but given her situation, it was the smartest move she could do. A wicked smile spread across his stained maw, yellowed fangs peeking out under the darkened lips as they stretched far across his maw. “What would you be willing to do to obtain it?”

He was interested.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 04:55 AM by Eldra. Edited 1 time in total.)
His question was not what she expected, but she jumped at the opportunity to prove herself.
Looking at him steadily, an icy brutality flickered like dancing flame in her purple hues. 

"Anything." Eldra responded with an adrenalized breath. 
Immediately, she almost thought he was going to ask something of her. "Got something in mind?" She jested partially, though the other half of her was deadly serious. Even still, she didn't hold her breath.
There was zero way an opportunity was going to be plopped in front of her just like that. Nah, that didn't happen.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 05:15 AM by Vengeance. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
Anything, the word sounds like how honey tastes. Sweeter than sweet, intoxicating. She was eager, asking if he already had something in mind. To which he replies by advancing, closing the distance between them and brushing his cheek against hers. Staining the moondusted pelt of hers with his grime and filth, in a tender, yet firm embrace as he snaked his way to her ear; letting his warm breath escape before speaking through a grin in nothing but a whisper.

“At ease my dear soldier, I will remember this and come to you when something comes to mind.” Through darkened lashes he peered at the corner of his eye, slowly pulling away from her ear, cheek and all the while keeping his wayward gaze on her for an expression. “We have much to do before we start sending anyone out on missions after all.” With that said, he returned to the prey, holding a tight grip on the beast and began dragging it away once more.
^^
last from me

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 05:12 AM
He closes the distance and she tenses, but he doesn't attack her. Instead she remains still as he embraces her, and feels his breath against her ear which sends a shiver down her spine.
Her gaze though, stays upon him as he whispers his words into her ear. Sweet nothings? She didn't know if that's what they were. But it lit a fire in her that spread through every vein in her body, and as he pulled away, slowly, Eldra nodded once. 
"Of course, my Lord." She agrees, picking up a leg again to mirror him.

Once they get to the cache, she digs alongside him until there's enough room, and thus she begins tearing the young ungulate apart to fit it within the disturbed earth. 

Eldra absently wonders what's to come as they work, and the evening darkens.
Perhaps there was hope for her yet...Perhaps.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top