Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
I'll take this chance,

04-02-2021, 04:05 AM
^^Hades had the feeling that their lives were....similar, in a sense, but very different all their own. What he experienced wasn't the same sort of gilded cage she'd grown in, eventually becoming cramped and near trampled in her desire for more. He had been eaten so tiny, before he'd even had the idea of how strong he'd get or how much he could do. He had been jealous of his brother. Zeus didn't understand. He'd never understood. Encouraging Hades to just take time off meant chaos for all the realms. It wouldn't do. Hades couldn't just relax and frolic like his brothers could. “It's hard work at first. The right people to support you....well, it helps.” The tone of his voice was almost confusion - like he didn't understand how he could just let go. He'd always carried the burdens others couldn't.

“This life isn't the same. Before it was......it seemed infinitely bigger.” Hades was had the look like he was grasping at memories - something far away again. It would only make things worse, if Poseidon was right. Surprisingly his green eyed brother tended to be spot on when it came to emotional struggles. Being insightful was a shocking talent of his, even when both Zeus and Hades seemed oblivious. “If I remembered everything maybe I wouldn't be so calm. Who knows.” He finally settled for, offering Persephone a thin smile.

He followed her gaze to the river and then reached out, nuzzling against her shoulder for a moment. She seemed insecure and it had become a natural thing to reassure her, especially when he felt responsible for her worries. “You have all the time in the world.” Hades said gently. “You might even find some hidden talents.”^^
the staff team luvs u
04-02-2021, 04:23 AM
All too quickly, Persephone had gotten lost in thought. Demeter would no doubt be disappointed that she had abandoned her duties, that she had escaped confinement and restriction and trraded it for freedom and companionship. Mother had never allowed things like this, keeping men far away from their pack, leaving Persephone to grow up among the girls. There was certainly something different about falling asleep next to Hades versus the dryads and nymphs. As always though, it had only ever been wolves that Mother had approved of, as if she didn't trust Kore to make decisions for herself.

A huff left her, sharp and grumpy, an emotion sliding behind the soft color of her eyes like a hidden leviathan, one not often seen or spoken of. She didn't want to think about this anymore.

“Tell me what you had planned for today?” She asked, looking up at him once more. “Unless you really were just looking to keep me from napping.” A small smile flashed as she teased him, still rattled by her own thoughts.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: 32742104_CtCyQBtRsKxdbdr.gif]
— Hades is welcome in any thread Persephone is in, and, may powerplay her if the need is there
— Mother, please stay out of my threads :c
Discovery
04-02-2021, 04:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 05:23 AM by zina. Edited 2 times in total.)
^^She seemed angry suddenly. Or at least the spark that was there was one that was dark - it was something that she didn't show to him, at least. He was shocked by the fact that he wasn't given any impulses to shy away. It was instead, the curiosity that she didn't show it much and he was curious. Instead she pressed on and asked what he'd wanted to do for the day and he offered her a quick smile. “I had something to show you.” He admitted. “Something new.” New was always interesting after all and it was a good distraction given how their conversation had taken them both places they didn't want to go. “This way.” He nudged her cheek gently to turn her head, pointing her away from the river they'd been following.

The clearing was one of the first thing they'd found when they'd explored the forest. He lead her further though, until there was a little valley almost in the forest itself. “I'm assuming this is above Tartarus.” He said softly, showing her a small field of flowers that was beginning to grow where the trees were a bit more sparse. “It made me think of you.” He said, keeping his voice low as if he'd somehow spook the flowers themselves as they grew.^^

+2 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
04-02-2021, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 05:23 AM by zina. Edited 1 time in total.)
Something new. Something that made him think of her, like the flower he'd brought her, whose stem was yet tangled in her fur even though Gina didn't mention it earlier because she forgot. Interest piqued, Persephone moved to follow the larger wolf, letting him lead a little ahead of her so that she was not walking blindly. Past the clearing they'd discovered and through one of the thicker parts of the forest, where the trees grew closer together, almost as if they were protecting something.

And it was, for when they broke the tree line, Persephone gasped, eyes instantly alight with surprise and adoration. Crocus and Narcissus spread across the ground, with yet-to-bloom Asphodel peppered about the yellow, white, and purple. The smell was utterly divine too, bringing a flood of memories back to the young wolf, who bounded forward. And yet she paused suddenly, turning to sweep her tongue across his muzzle as an affectionate thank you before she continued on, walking gently among the flowers until she stood somewhere near the middle. Closing her eyes, Persephone drew in a deep breath, committing the path they'd taken to get here to her memory.

+2 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
04-04-2021, 04:21 AM
^^Hades watched her for a moment, taken aback by the kiss to his cheek. It was almost like being struck by Eros' arrow, so quick and sudden, but he'd felt like she was as familiar as anything he'd ever known. His eyes tracked that excited sort of glow on her face, how she went from plant to plant in the little meadow there. He wondered if this was the first real bounty after winter - that the flowers here sustained the plants and the animals as the forest woke up. Eventually Persephone goaded him into joining her, spending the rest of the afternoon teaching him the names of the flowers. When at last they ate and then fell back asleep, it was evening, and the world was at peace.^^
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top