Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Cloudy Thoughts

Afternoon Fog
AW
Adventurer
08-18-2022, 01:35 AM
His plan was rather simple, he would slowly make his way north. Aiming towards the mountains. Fall was approaching in this strange land, and he wanted to experience it surrounded by flowers.

He hadn't been alone for long, but already his thoughts were eating away at him. Anxiety pitted in his stomach, caused by the hidden thoughts of his past, the uncertainty of his future. It was all so loud, loud enough to make his paws shake.

But he was managing. He focused on the landscape, mentally recounting every detail. He was surrounded by rolling hills covered in mostly shrubbery, much different from the forest he left behind. The air was heavy, a light fog laid down as far as his golden eyes could see.

There didn't seem to be many wolves in the area, other than the scent of a pack farther south, he wasn't aware of anyone else. Still he hoped to find someone to take up his company, even for a small while. He hated travelling alone.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: rain-gif.gif]
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
Adventurer
08-18-2022, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2022, 02:51 AM by Nexus Vulpus. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: adventurer tag )

She was on her way back to Stone Mountain, to find @Gala and @Bourbon again, but little did she know... A familiar scent would waft around her nose, and suddenly all intention of reuniting was thrown out the window.

Caligo was here! “Caligo!” Nexus called, locked in a run. A few pants escaped from her maw, but she didn't care. “Where are you?” Quickly halting, the storm-hued woman sent her gaze around the pasture. Where was the man?

Caliiiiiggooooo, She huffed, rubbing the ground with a single paw. To test the waters, the girl would let out a bark, hoping for one in return...

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
08-18-2022, 03:38 AM
He halted as a familiar voice hit his ears. He let out a bark in return, his gait picked up as he ran towards the woman. “Nexus?” He called, he was glad for his attuned hearing as he galloped through the fog, as it was the only thing that made him able to locate her.

His face lit up at the sight of her midnight fur. He stopped in front of her panting slightly.
“Nexus! It's good to see you” Caligo smiled with his tail wagging.

“What brings you here?” He asked curiously, toning down on the (rather embarrassing) excitement. The snowy furred wolf cocked his head, taking a seat to catch his breath.
the staff team luvs u
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
08-18-2022, 03:45 AM

"Nexus! It's good to see you!" Nexus smiled. He missed me! The woman thought excitedly, her smile only growing wider; No, calm down, Nexus! She shook her head for a second, her grin toning down, yet it still remained.

“It's amazing to see you, too!” She exclaimed, copying his sit. “I was looking for my friends, Gala and Bourbon – I think I told you about them? – and then I scented you!” Her tail wagged behind her, flicking back and forth. She loved Caligo's company.

A question laced her tongue; “What brings you here? You're going up north?” Hm, maybe she could join him..?

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
08-18-2022, 04:44 AM
“Yeah, I was planning on it. I want to be there for the for the wildflower’s last bloom” He explained “It’s a tradition I've always had”. He caught his eyes drifting to the ground, and he quickly brought his focus back to the woman before him.

He was glad to notice her happy to have found him. He had missed her dearly, which should be odd, seeing as how they didn't know each other well. But she was his only friend he had in this new life, and he got attached fast.

“Where are your friends located, up north as well?” He questioned, smiling at the prospect. Could they travel together? Having her company would make the trip tolerable, and he cherished the idea of spending more time in her company.
the staff team luvs u
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
08-18-2022, 05:32 AM

"Yeah, I was planning on it. I want to be there for the for the wildflower’s last bloom," The woman nodded, smiling at his words. “That sounds nice,” she breathed quietly. Traditions were good; you always had something to do each year!

“Well, not, north, north, but close!” She nodded her head to Stone Mountain. Did.. Did Caligo wanna come with? “There's a pack living on the mountain, and we're on the mountain right next to theirs.” Not right next to, but did it really matter? Nexus didn't think so... But maybe it did to Caligo.

Eh, she'd just specify later, it's not like it was relevant to their conversation, anyway!

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
08-22-2022, 05:54 AM
He listened with mild interest at her reply, he wasn’t sure where Stone Mountain would be. But certainly he’d be able to find some point of interest from there?
“Well seeing as how we’re headed in the same direction, maybe we could travel together?” The tundra wolf suggested inconspicuously. No mention of his hatred of being alone. It was that simple.

“At the very least I can entertain your company until you reunite with your friends” He smiled lightheartedly. He didn’t want to seem like he was inviting himself anywhere, or become an unwelcome burden on the women's shoulders.
His jaws parted in a yawn, as he anxiously awaited an answer.
the staff team luvs u
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
08-22-2022, 06:16 AM

“What d'ya mean maybe?” She chuckled, the largest grin on her face. “I'd love for you to come with! I'm sure Gala and Bourbon would love you, and I'm even more certain that they wouldn't mind if you joined our squad!” Well, Nexus hoped they wouldn't.

If her first two companions were anything like her, then surely they'd enjoy Caligo's company, right? If not, Nexus'd just have to practice her sweet-talking, because she wanted all of them to be friends.

They were all nice to her, all funny, all . . . well . . . Great! Caligo yawned, and Nexus tilted her head. “Tired? You can have a nap and we can head off when you wake up, if you want.”

fade soon?

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
08-23-2022, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 08:17 PM by Caligo. Edited 1 time in total.)
A smile broke across his face. She did want him to come, that was a relief. Would her friends feel the same way? Nexus seemed certain, and he’d have to believe her. “I hope so” He said quietly.

“You know what? That sounds great” He replied, gathering his feets under himself, he bowed to stretch his muscles. His golden eyes moved to a tree a few paces away.
He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it. Asking the woman if she wanted to join him seemed a bit odd, so he didn’t. “I promise I won’t be too long” He chuckled instead.

He flattened the greenery around the tree with a small paw, before laying down, his back against the rough bark. Still the grass poked through his snowy fur, tickling his skin. He took one last glance at the blue fur of his companion. Would she still be here when he awoke? His inner voice taunted him, but Caligo refused to entertain the thought. Instead focusing on the sound of the nearby birds, as he quickly drifted asleep.
Last post

the staff team luvs u
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
08-24-2022, 03:06 AM

As the man curled up, Nexus offered a quick smile, wrapping herself up nearby, close enough for her to lay her tail upon his if he'd allow. Then, only within a few minutes, she was asleep, as well.

and fade!

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
scroll to top