Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Should I chose a noble occupation, I'd only show up late and sick

Morning Sunny/Clear
AW
06-10-2022, 10:43 PM
Eyes fluttering open, a few wheezy-coughs, and a stranger unbeknownst to where he was.

Scrambling upwards in a few simple strides, Cupid was up and ready to get moving. Not a care in the world. Turn on the flirt, be sexy, only nerds are scared or worried about where the hell they ended up. Letting out a disgruntled growl, Cupid began making way south? East? Towards the trees, tall mountains casting long shadows that made the man feel ill.

Coming across half a hare that had seemingly been quick snack for another predator, the ginger man scented the air, though it seemed no one was around to try and steal this meal.. Cupid dug into the hare hungrily, tearing away at the stringy meat with his sharp canines that wolves are especially known for. 

After his quick — albeit delicious — meal, Cupid continued forward, gait slowed to due the digestion of the meal taking up whatever little energy he had left. God, why was he so tired? Probably wasted all my energy getting here, obviously, Cupid thought, rolling his eyes at himself. Turns out he was dumber than he thought, oops.

Retreating to a large fern bush that resides against a few trees and a singular log, the man laid down, preparing to have a bit of a nap before calling out a small howl, just to see hear who was nearby.

Night-Night.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
06-14-2022, 04:20 AM
As she traversed through the woodlands in a mild walk, Celnes was surprised to hear the call of another wolf. It wasn't within a desperation or a need of help, but only seemed a gandering of a who was around. They revealed themselves and she with a heart of curiosity, ventured toward. As she got closer, the smell of neither any of the packs came to mind. A pure loner, though so bold to let their position be known by the terrors of the south itself.

She was mildly amused and questioned so, and continued her path to the grasslands. She could see the disgruntled horses, as her gaze retreated to the findings of the figure who laid against a tree. They didn't approach, but she knew they were most likely displeased by the factor of a wolf settling within their claim. They were deadly, though like Elk tended to avoid wolves when possible. Only arrogant canines tried to go after them, for not many could match their speed, and their kick as well was a terror itself.

She turned away from them, gently approaching the other who surprisingly, was sleeping. There was a hum within her voice as she got closer.

the staff team luvs u
06-14-2022, 05:23 AM
Apologies if this post is wonky, typing on mobile lmao

Cupid could only sleep for a few moments before he was awoken by a blissful hum, the sounds of disgruntled elk stirred in the background as his sleepy gaze travelled up the figure of a large, lean wolf who seemed to carry herself with a power that demanded respect. Should he be afraid right now?

Perhaps, though he quickly scrambled upwards, paws almost slipping on the ground as he stood before the wolf. She had the scent of a woman, so that partially took away some of Cupid’s interest of her, but the way she seemed to walk with such sophistication drew the ginger man towards her, though he would of been down on his knees if she were a man. How sad, that she wasn’t a king of the regions, he really could’ve scored himself something.

Dipping his head respectfully, Venus could scent many a wolf who had interacted with her in the past few days. Was that.. a deer as well? Hm, interesting. Were wolf taking deer into their packs these days? Perhaps the man could score himself a home, if it were to be that easy.. Cupid blinked a few times, refusing to make eye contact who seemed quite as important as the chocolate-coloured woman in front of him now.

”Hello, stranger. I scent you are one of importance? You can call me Cupid, how may I serve you?”

Making quick work of it, Venus quickly dropped in a bow, though it was similar to those of crocodile tears. He really didn’t care for ‘royalty’ or ‘ranks’, but the scent that was ruffled into this woman’s fur seemed to suggest that he should at least pretend to. Though he could try, this woman probably wasn’t as brain-dead as he’d want her to be, so he probably wouldn’t be able to squirm his way into a pack just yet, sadly.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
06-15-2022, 02:36 PM
He rose, awake as she gazed on his better appearance. He was an overall petite individual, fair like a fairy itself she would say if not for his wolven traits. He hailed in nothing like browns or gold, a strange mixture in-between that was like a pale fawn itself, ginger with the slightest hue of the flowers to him. She smiled as green eyes rose to face her.

"Oh my, perceptive aren't you?" Celnes walked as a blue-blooded noble. Even before her heritage to the crown she was raised as an aristocrat, walking in a gatz with a prowess that she believes she has earned overall. Although a Deorwine was a messy family of discrimination, the name held a pride to it ; and she would not want to belong anywhere else. Friend to the elk, and friend to those who are of us, usually.

"I am Celnes Deorwine, of Elkshire," she said, forsaking to say of her title for the meanwhile, "I had heard someone calling.. Was that you?" she sat on her hunches, an appropriate distance away with a pleasantry on her face and a warmth despite a cold heart. She kept her space, in that slight caution any wolf would take, if he tried something.

the staff team luvs u
06-17-2022, 10:07 PM

Perceptive? Hm.

Cupid dipped his head with no reply other than a sweet smile, gaze dropping from the woman, though following her paws as she strode around him, her walk powerful and commanding. Venus didn't believe that she had no title other than her name, surely she was at least a duchess, right?

The fawn-pelted male lifted his head once more as the woman referred to his howl, and he gave a simple curt nod.

"Yes, that was me. Why?"

He answered simply, watching as Celnes Deorwine took a seat a few ways a head of him. Cupid took a few small steps back, sitting as she did, though not mimicking her too heavily. He perked his ears, weary of any other wolves from this Elkshire place that might try to attack him. Perhaps he'd accidentally woken up on their territory, but with the lack of trees and prey, Venus couldn't be certain.

What kind of wolves would want to live here?
 Cupid repressed a smirk, looking back to Celnes with an innocent expression in his eyes, tilting his head in a semi-condescending manner. Perhaps he was an asshole, perhaps he was playing with fire. Either way, it was fun.

the staff team luvs u
06-21-2022, 05:09 PM
He was smart, keeping a respectful although mischievous air about him, taking a few moments of distance between the two. No matter how friendly she may present, it was a clear view that Celnes was still a pack wolf through and through, and not to mention the unsaid crown that laid before her head. Her tail flickered, as it gently curled to the tips of her paws and smiled at him.

"Curious, for only certain individuals would be so bold to reveal themselves within these lands," the Deorwine woman added with the slight chuckle. The forests and plains in this region were not full of the best wolves. Cultists and mafia roamed so, more and more wolves on the darker scale continued to find themselves nearby. Was he of the same class?

the staff team luvs u
06-22-2022, 08:02 AM

Pulling back from his bowed position, Cupid sat, his head un-tilting though staying slightly dipped. If he were in pack territory, it'd be best to stay as respectful as possible towards someone who seemed so.. powerful, almost? T
 he way she walked around him earlier made it clear that she was someone of importance, but did he really care? No, not at all.

"I guess I am a bold man,'
 He shrugged with a smirk, quirking a single brow,
"And you are a bold woman, Is that true, Celnes?"

His tongue seemed to drip with malice as he spoke, though all he could possibly elude to is a possible flirtatious aura. Venus flicked his tail impatiently. While he loved to stick around for a chit-chat, he could be doing literally anything else at the moment, and this woman was delaying him.
 Either way, he'd stick around, for now.

Mind if I back-date this before Cupid meets Satan? The first post was before then anyway, but I just wanted to make sure with you :)

the staff team luvs u
06-23-2022, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2022, 11:31 PM by Célnes.)
fine with me!

"Perhaps so, although confidence and boldness comes with reasons." She held a Kingdom behind her, although may not be the top that she desires so — there was wolves to call forth at her desire and ploy. None have come to truly question her so, although some seem disgruntled within a silence, and the disarray happening between her children.. Not everything could go her way, and she could only silently fume.

Though he gave off like a flirt, the Queen ignored so. Celnes cared not for those types, as already it seemed.. She fell for someones ploy many months ago, and the cause of her current bastardly brood. But his tail fails him, what seemed to be a bewitching, elegant man was of one of impatience. She chuckled lightly.

"You were so bold to to call and just as quick to wanting to leave. Pray tell, what is your desire from these lands?"

the staff team luvs u
06-23-2022, 11:55 PM

Reasons, ey? Cupid quirked a brow. What reasons would Ms. Celnes have to be so proud? With a small tilt of his head, Venus didn't speak, ears perked as he listened to the woman. She seemed to have something going on behind those autumn eyes of hers, though, whatever it may be was unreachable.
 At least, to him.

His desire? Hm, an odd question, for he wasn't exactly sure. Cupid had only just arrived, why plan already?

"Well, I am not much more than a tourist, for now. I've only just awoken here, so I haven't thought of much to do just yet. Perhaps I'd travel the biomes, territories. For now, I am wandering. Quick to leave? I'd guess my heart calls for a different land,"

The man placed throwed his head to the side in a dramatic fashion, gazing upon the distance lands. He was not the creative type, though his words were laced poetry. Flicking his fern-green eyes back towards Celnes, he started to grow impatient once more, but he kept his cool.
 He wanted to get out of here, though he'd wait for permission to leave, it seemed.

the staff team luvs u
06-27-2022, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2022, 07:50 PM by Célnes. Edited 1 time in total.)
"There are many packs that would welcome any able-body wolf." Her voice mused lightly, at the very thought that the packs around here were not the most pleasant bunch ; except maybe one, who held an annoyance of a sunshine girl and her lover. But the rest were the scorns of the earth, some with a more charismatic smile to hide such evils while others were quite upfront within their ways. It was often amusing, surely to say, the different and yet similarities between them all.

"Otherwise, to the north are mountains, to the east are plains, and to the west are the oceans." A simplicity of directions, a kindness giving as she portrayed with but the elegant smile of a Queen. She was unaware such a man seemed to be waiting to give him permission, but was lightly amused by how he didn't seem to want to be here.

the staff team luvs u
07-07-2022, 04:19 AM
so sorry for the wait!! Moved houses, been swamped with everything, had no internet for 2 weeks.. the usual, lol

Able-bodied, she said. Hm, he was able-bodied, right? Sure, maybe on a bit of the shorter side, maybe a little lean, but he was fast. Though, he didn’t really feel like joining a pack at the moment.

Maybe in the future.

As the woman began spilling directions, Cupid nodded politely, a thin smile climbing across his features. Well, since she seemed to begin to let the conversation wrap itself up, Venus stood, flicking his tail as he awaited any other words from Celnes. When she said nothing, the man blinked gratefully for her, surprisingly, not attacking him.

“Well, if we have nothing else to discuss, I may be on my way. If you ever need me, just call out,”
he chuckled, though they barely knew eachother. “Perhaps we’ll meet again.”

Lowering his upper-body in a bow, Cupid turned away, slowly, and began making way to the east, were — allegedly — the plains would await him.

attempted exit! :D

the staff team luvs u
07-25-2022, 09:40 PM
She would not keep him, nor' beg. Rather Celnes smiled, and bid him a quiet farwell. She wondered whether would meet again ; but he seemed like a nomadic fellow who was rather interesting within appearance.. As much as she would think, his meeting would come and go, and so would her lingering mind.

She too, left.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top