Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
The fun will never end

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
Group Only
WillowClan
04-13-2022, 02:27 PM
 Aaah, the Keep, home sweet home. Moosebellow didn’t call out a greeting to the others, just unceremoniously brought in the new recruit. They’d all figure it out soon enough! Quinn was the only one he’d make a special visit for to get her in the loop. For now, he’d take the feline around to get him acquainted. ”So, like I said, this is the Keep we stay in. It’s some dumb twoleg place that they abandoned for StarClan knows what reason.” Hell, seemed like they abandoned this entire world except for their dumb dwellings.

”Every cat can pick out their own spot to sleep. I and the leader, Quinn, share a den up there.” On the inside grounds, he raised his tail to point at one of the higher floors of the castle where there was a broken window where one could juuuust see into. A shelf was visible from their low spot and that was about all. He also neglected to mention his high status and the status of he and the leader’s relationship. The things that truly mattered, he always seemed to not brag about. Surprisingly.

He continued on with, ”Our medicine cats also stay in there and if you ever get yourself hurt. Just go fuckin’ visit’em in there. I’ll show you exactly where in a bit. For now, we’ll look around the outside grounds ‘cause there’s fuckin’ plenty to know about out here.” He lead the man further in, heading towards the sandy training ground. As they went he looked up along the walls and could see a couple of cats keeping watch, and he nodded to himself proudly.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

04-14-2022, 05:31 AM
The man walked alongside his new clanmate, taking in all the information he was given. Which honestly was a shit ton. The whole way, he continued to nod, glancing over at where he pointed. "I'm not picky, I just want a den that's big enough for myself and my food." Which honestly, was very small in the grand scheme of things. But he had no reason to have anything bigger. He didn't have a mate or children and really had no reason to get either. That was just a lot more responsibility than he wanted. 

Glancing over at the area where the medicine cat lived, he nodded, hoping that he didn't have to worry about meeting them anytime soon. Nonetheless though, it was always good to know where it was. After a few moments, he would speak up. "This place is nice, but where the fuck is everyone?" It seemed like no one was around right now and he didn't know if there was a reason for that. Was there some sort of thing he was missing?

the staff team luvs u
[Image: giphy.gif]
04-15-2022, 03:20 AM
 "You'll have all that and fuckin' more. Twolegs don't know fuckin' shit about modesty." Every den here was overlarge and in excess. It was incredible. Honestly though, with Quinn and a possible family on the horizon... he wasn't upset about all of the space. It would give them plenty of room to work with.

The next question had him bellowing out a laugh and he waved his tail in the general direction of the battlements. "Take a fuckin' look, smart ass." There were a couple of cats there but that didn't account for the whole clan. "Some are probably out on patrol and some might be hidin' in all the StarClan-damned nooks an' crannies around here. Got some lazy asses that like to goof off." Not that he particularly cared. They had enough food and guards and patrollers to go around. Nothing was pressing at the moment.

He lead them past sandy area and then up the castle steps to the lookout posts. He would nod to the cats on patrol and then pick them a spot where they could look out and not disturb the other guys too much. "See that shit? You can see for fuckin' miles. Ain't that cool as fuck?" No one would be sneaking up on them so long as they had lookouts stationed which was one of the core duties around here.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

Adventurer
04-16-2022, 12:17 AM
A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he nodded, knowing how extra two-legs were for absolutely no fucking reason. He was just glad that there seemed to not be any around. Hopefully this land didn't have any. That would be great. "I've never understood why they want such large fucking spaces. Seems kind of stupid to me." But he wasn't going to say that he understood their weird brains.

He glanced around, seeing the cats that he overlooked earlier. Well, shit, now he looked stupid. With a huff, he would stay quiet, not wanting to say anything on his stupidness. However, he would still follow, taking in the scents of the area as he walked. He wanted to get to know this place well and eyes shot from ruin to ruin and across the grassy terrain. After a few moments, he would finally look over to where his new leader was pointing.

He took in a soft breath as he looked around, not realizing until now just how breathtaking everything was. This was so much better than his old home that he was now hoping that he never went back. "Damn, that's cool as shit. Now I see why you chose this spot."

the staff team luvs u
04-18-2022, 08:49 PM
 ”Damn straight!” He said, agreeing with the other tomcat. See, he was glad they picked him up. He fucking got it. Maybe they should grab Edgewise and do a patrol sometimes. The weird fucker was great to be around and he was certain they’d all have a blast on their patrol.

After leading him up to the spot, Charlie seemed quite impressed. Moosebellow couldn’t help but puff his chest out with pride. ”Fuck yeah! At first I was skeptical as shit because who the hell wants to live in a twolegplace, right? But fuck, I was sold on it when I saw this spot. Easy to see any threat from any place they might be hiding, and it’s so fuckin’ huge that everyone has their own spot!” It was fucking perfect. ”Biggest thing is just getting used to the plains! I came from a clan that lived in a forest and we’ve had nowhere as fuckin’ open as this. That was LakeClan shit.” He said, expounding a bit on where he came from. It was an adjustment but he was getting used to it.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

04-26-2022, 05:28 AM
Sorry, not much muse for this man XD
The man remained quiet as he watched the land in front of him, listening closely to what he had to say. A quick chuckle was the only thing that would show that he was listening to the man and instead stayed watching the world around him. His tail flicked every now and then, ears turned to listen to him. This was a very nice and interesting place, one that he could possibly find a home in. 

Finally turning to the man, he would shake out his fur, flicking his ear slightly. "I'm not gonna lie, I'm probably going to hang out here when I don't have shit to do. This is nice as fuck." He yawned slightly as he said that, shaking his head. "For now though, I'm fucking tired from all this world travel bullshit."

the staff team luvs u
04-26-2022, 09:39 PM
 ”Don’t fuckin’ blame you, man. I do it sometimes too.” Especially if Quinn was around and they had a spare moment between their duties to do a bit of rest and relaxation. It was quite nice, he had to admit. He missed the forest sometimes but the plains weren’t half bad. ”Come on then, I’ll take you inside and we’ll get your fuckin’ room sorted. You can rest then but be ready tomorrow for some fuckin’ duties! We ain’t havin’ no lazy ass dung-eaters hangin’ out for free rides!” He said with a bellowing laugh, flicking the man on his shoulder with his plume-like tail.

we could end it here if you want!

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

scroll to top