Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Black skies changed into blue,

AW
WillowClan
Adventurer
04-03-2022, 11:28 PM
There was more and more settling into the plains that brought a rather pleasant surprise. She wouldn't expect any wolf pack to take such an area, especially due to how open it was — but there was the few rare areas that were coated in forests, or likewise a more canyon like area. There was places to use well as a pack, but some in places she wouldn't expect. Yet somehow.. Even she felt at home within the plains, like she always belonged within. So it shouldn't been too surprising when coming across another area, that the smell of a claimed land rang heavily through.

But.. It wasn't wolves. Her head tilted in confusion as she was at the clear border of this ; and in the distance the castle held tall through. She did want to cross to and see it fully, as once did before.. But the area was claimed so heavily. A conundrum, for she never came across an issue of venturing into another species claim of this magnitude.

It didn't feel write to cross the border, she thought, while sitting at the edge and curiously peering in.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
04-03-2022, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2022, 11:42 PM by Helix.)
^^The bloody House with the dumb fuckin’ name was sure to attract visitors who were curious; visitors who were unwelcome. It was most of the reason that Helix did not want any part of it; the last time he’d been in a home had ended poorly, and he did not want part of the collection of kittens that found the House to be something of awe.

So the patchwork tom kept himself outside unless it was cold out - in which case he’d need a bloody cuddle partner. Maybe he could attend a meeting and scope out all the fluffers in the group. Until then, he was off scouting - scouting until he spotted the bloody thing.

A predator.

A wolf.

Oh boy, this was it. This was the end, wasn’t it?

But it stopped at the border; it didn’t just rudely walk into their land like she owned the place. How odd. Helix leapt upon a boulder nearby, blue eyes on the cream like coat.

“Ssay, what’s a lovely lady like yourself doin’ out here?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-03-2022, 11:58 PM
It was silly of her to think she could just stay within place and looking with a curiosity. They were claimed of course, and cat colonies would patrol an area like any other. She was just so.. Unused to it. She knew of them though too, but didn't know the name they were under, nor' the concept of 'warrior cats.' What information she did know is that went by colonies, compared to packs — just as all animals had their own preference of group names. In particular enjoyed ferrets, for they referred to as a 'business.' Wasn't that just funny?

She looked at the cat and smiled politely, a slight tip of the head in greeting. She wouldn't dare to think to charge in, even as a pack in general. Uriel respected borders of claim lands, regardless of species, "hello," she said, "I haven't seen many claim out within the plains.. And was curious who took the castle." She so confessed.

the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 12:12 AM
^^The wolf looked to him and did not lick its lips; did not growl, nor snarl nor – she smiled politely, and dipped her head in greeting. What madness was this, wasn’t the canine their mortal enemy? Helix, are you racist?

And here he thought that he’d be dead by now. Shocked, Helix was, that was certain. He sat tall, slowly curling his tail by his feet. Heck, she’d even said hello, but ignored his flattery - probably for the best. He wanted to look behind him, at the castle, but alas, turning his back on the wolf? Not a chance!

“Oh! I see. Yes, yes - uh, we’re called the Clan of Willows.” Actually, no, the name was WillowClan, but it was all the same to him, wasn’t it? “Yes, it’s very… lonely out here. Did you used to live here?”

A wolf in a castle? That wasn't strange at all.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 12:49 AM by Uriel.)
Her head tilted as she processed such information. Clan of Willows? Those supposed wolves don't really call themselves 'Pack of Greenwood,' and even sometimes call themselves Clans as well, "pardon, I didn't introduce myself, I am Uriel — I don't belong to a pack." As the two were natural enemies, an endless loop between canines and felines, she thought introducing herself as packless as well would help soothe such ways. At the very least she held no scents of any upon her pelt, besides perhaps a Wolverine. He seemed friendly though and not too fearful of her, which gave a rather warmth to her soul to talk casually. .. She wondered if @Kuhn felt the opposite of this way when the golden wolf expressed clear fear of him. If the cat acted like she did, she'd be.. Disappointed.

Uriel shook her head, "I take residence more to the north plains, though there was once a pack that lived just beyond the river, in the hole over there." Her paw lifted and pointed to the hireath, where though it seemed flat itself, if any gained a closer look they'd see a deep tunnel with various chasms within itself. A large waterfall could be heard as well, for one crept into it's depth. She couldn't see the bottom when she visited.

"However they had left many, many moons ago.. None have lived nearby since."

the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 03:37 AM
^^This was the strangest interaction that Helix had ever had with a canine. An actual conversation, as if one wasn’t a meal to the other. How peculiar! She tilted her head, and Helix flickered the tip of his tail, watching her closely - mostly to study her.

He’d never had a conversation with anything other than other cats, and now suddenly wondered if the mice he usually hunted could talk, too. The wolf was pointing into another direction, talking about a pack that once lived there. Was she part of this pack? Didn’t seem like it from the way she spoke.

“Well met, Uriel. I am Helix. Do you wish to speak to our queen, perhaps form a friendship between our clan and yourself?” Maybe having a wolf around wouldn’t be such a bad idea. “I can call for her if you would like.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-04-2022, 03:47 AM
"A pleasure." Perhaps she would find it more unusual if she had not already met various of creatures that she spoke to. At some point grew close to a wolverine who was dubbed like a Grandma, and even a lovely horse that held a thick accent and was all too curious. The worst of it all though were the walrus's of the north, horrible tyrants that even dared to kidnap a wolf.. With such fear lingering during those times, her fear overall seemed to be more lacking when it came to wolf vs another interactions. Unknowingly, just a bit more brave.

Yet, there was still hesitance, "Oh, I don't wish to be a bother," she said with a small smile, "i'm only passing by with a curiosity." Her ear did flicker on the words 'Queen' though, and couldn't deny she was awfully curious on their ranking system. She knew some wolves tended to use medieval rankings as so, rather then the more primal ones many packs do. 

How do cats rank themselves?

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top