Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
here is the deepest secret nobody knows

Afternoon Thunderstorms
P
04-02-2022, 12:28 AM
^^It was mid-afternoon though you couldn’t tell it; the clouds were dark and the skies rumbled - some soft thundering calls, some deep, loud ones that seemed to shake the trees. Mother Nature was not pleased, and the clouds overhead moved at an alarming rate. There were flashes of light here and there, beneath the clouds as if the gods of thunder were having an argument.

[Image: thunderstorm-flipped__FocusFillWzQyODgsM...IsNzRd.jpg]

Amata strode up the Phantasm Brook until she straddled the Silent Hill and Sleepy Hollow ‘state line,’ glancing from one side to the other, unsure of where she wanted to go, as she’d had no destination, the first few drops of water had already begun to fall, leaving Amata with little time to decide.

Silent Hill was rocky, whereas Sleepy Hollow was woody - but there was a Weeping Willow that Amata could take shelter under - at least, for now. So there she would go, lying beneath it though the bottom dropped out about half way there, and Amata still ended up getting at least half soaked.

She grumbled lowly, hoping that something tasty would run by for her to make a quick meal out of.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-02-2022, 12:58 AM
The young boy was rather bored and wanted to hone his skills. After all, his parents were strong and agile and he wanted to be just like them. Or maybe even better than them one day. But in order to do that, he knew he would have to start training his small body. So, today he would start. 

With a small huff, the boy began his training, running through the land as fast as he could. He didn't entirely know how to train the best but he figured he would try his best. As he ran though, he wasn't really taking in everything around him. He could tell that the day was relatively dark for some reason, something that made him think twice about going to run. But when was he ever afraid of anything? Today wouldn't be the day to start either. 

As he ran though, he didn't notice the other pup until he was damn near right on top of her. Skidding to a halt in the quickly soaking dirt, he would try to stop himself before running over her, hoping he wouldn't end up toppling over her. Either way, a small snarl would rip through his body as he tried to stop himself, annoyed at her being in his way. But he was too focused on not crashing into her to yell at her just yet.

the staff team luvs u
He does. He speaks. He thinks.
WARNING: 3-3-3 Character
04-04-2022, 12:23 AM
^^It was raining and there were odd shifts in the air that didn’t quite feel right. One moment it was hot, the next it was not, but until something happened, Amata supposed it didn’t matter. She’d sit here until this weird lookin’ tree for now -

Thud, thud, thud -

That was not the sound in which the rain usually made, so Amata stood slowly to take a look around, and suddenly, there was a bowling ball of a wolf coming right at her. Oh boy, too bad she hadn’t really noticed him until he was already there, and Amata leaped back and into the rain.

There she stood, ears flattened as she glared at him for a moment. “Good to see you, too, Grub.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 01:42 AM
He didn't notice that she was there until he was on top of her, skidding to a halt as she moved out of the way just in time. With a huff, he would snarl at her, watching her glare at him like this was his fault. "Hey, not my fault you were in my way." Regardless, he would shake his fur out, giving his body a long stretch. 

"What are you doing out here anyway?" He shook the rain off of his fur, hardly caring if it splashed on her. Part of him wanted it to, just because it would be fun. After a few moments, he would sit himself down, looking over at the other child. "The storm is getting worse it seems." He would cast his eyes up to the sky, watching how the rain fell around them.

the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 03:00 AM
^^Amata was already standing in the rain and didn’t seem to care if he splashed her or not. Nor did she seem to care that he snarled at her. She gave him no response. She could have responded with more growls, but for once - shockingly - Amata didn’t care for violence.

So she laid down right then and there, head on her paws, glancing up at him as he watched the rain and talked about the weather. The type of conversations you’d hear in a coffee shop. An ear flickered, though she didn’t look at the sky; she looked at his exposed neck, and had she been in the mood for fun and games, she would have gone for it. She supposed today was his lucky day.

“Yep, seems so,” Amata grunted with a shrug and ignored his question. She didn’t need to answer him; she’d found it more interesting that he took to the name she’d called him and since he hadn’t corrected her, Amata would call him this from now on. It was his own fault, truly.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 04:31 AM

Something seemed to be wrong, at least Leviathan thought so. He was expecting the girl to snarl back at him, pounce on him or even smack him. But none of those things occurred. Even as he looked up at the sky, keeping his neck exposed to her, she still didn't attack him. Something didn't sit right with him. With an accusing gaze, he would watch her still form, cocking his head to the side. "Oh for fuck sake, what's up with you? You would have attacked me by now." He sat down near her, watching her with a confused gaze. 

He wasn't one for sappy talk and checking in on others so the fact that he did so at all meant something, even if he wasn't the best at it. His tail flicked behind him in mild annoyance though he wasn't sure if he was annoyed at her for being pissy or at himself for caring.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
04-04-2022, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 06:19 PM by Amata. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^Ah ha - so the boy had come here to bait her into attacking, did he? Now he was upset that she wasn’t giving him a reason to attack her? Amata tilted her head - so he would not attack if he had no reason to? Was that it, then?

He looked cute when he was confused, Amata smirked towards him as she slowly stood, approaching him. “I would hate to ruin your beautiful coat.. ” Amata cooed, though if he would allow, she’d come over and nibble at his shoulder.

“There. Does that count? I bite you. Happy?”

Let's see how far flattery would take her with him.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
04-04-2022, 09:11 PM
He watched her out of the corner of narrowed eyes, unsure of what was up with this woman. She was acting... strange. When she moved closer, he made no move against her, though as she nibbled on his shoulder, he couldn't help the small smirk that showed on his face. Without any warning, the boy would attempt to pounce on the girl, though making sure to do so lightly as he was only playing with her. He had nothing against roughhousing and sparring with her typically, but for some reason, he just wanted to mess with her without fear of hurting her. 

As he pounced, he would attempt to lightly pin her to the ground, smacking at her forehead with soft paws. "I see what it is, you like me, don't you?" He grinned and held back a chuckle, making fun of her. He actually had no clue if she did like him or not, but he did love messing with her and maybe this would make her flustered.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
04-04-2022, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 09:38 PM by Amata.)
^^Was it not common knowledge that Amata was likely the only female in their age group that was not related to them? If they didn’t know by now, they would sooner rather than later, wouldn’t they? Nonetheless, Amata was nibbling his shoulder, trying to press his buttons to see how he ticked -

When he pounced and pinned her to the ground. Not harshly, or too rough - but almost as if he was toying with her. Pawing at her face, gently, instead of breaking skin with teeth. He was grinning, and asking her if she liked him.

But he was a Nightwalker, and Amata had little trust. So she leaned forward to nuzzle him unexpectedly and lick at his nose, glancing away with a terrible sigh. “Oh no! My cover has been blown! Whatever shall I do?!”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 09:51 PM
A sly grin crossed the boys lips as he pushed her on the ground, watching her with a confident look on his face. However, as he heard her words, that quickly faced as his eyes widened. Wait, was she being serious? The boy wasn't in tune enough with woman and their ways to understand if she was messing with him or not. He most certainly wasn't expecting the nuzzle! It seemed to fry his brain for a moment. For a few moments, he stared at her before shaking his head, clearing the confused expression to replace it with narrowed eyes, his tail flicking in annoyance. "I - wha- liar!" He was clearly flustered for a moment, moving off of her as he took a moment to calm himself. 

Pretending like none of that happened, he turned to look at her, watching her with narrowed eyes almost as though he didn't trust her. "I don't know what weird ass game you're playing but I refuse to be apart of it!" He huffed though the question was still clear in his eyes, though there was no way he was ever going to ask it. He would rather eat his own tail.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
04-04-2022, 10:08 PM
^^Oh no, Levi, you’ve exposed a weakness that Amata’s surely going to remember and use against you forever – a sly grin slowly inched it’s way across her own face as though her fur had been green and she loathed happy holidays -

If he had been trying to get her to become flustered, it had somehow backfired, and now he was shaking his head, though Amata wondered if it was the nuzzle and the lick more so than her acting like a damsel in distress..

And yet - yet, he got off her without attacking her still, and was looking at her like he wanted to say something. But.. what? So Amata smiled at him and walked right over to him, sitting on his tail, if she could.

It was as if they’d forgotten that it was raining.

“I didn’t know we were playing a game. I’m sorry for uh… whatever I did.”

No she wasn’t. Not even a little.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 10:18 PM
And this was why Levi hated people, exactly this reason. Well maybe not this exact reason as this certainly had never happened to him before, but close enough! With a huff he blew the air out of his nose, glaring at her over his shoulder. He had a feeling she knew exactly what she was doing and that no, she was not sorry. He was pretty sure she had never been sorry for anything in her life. With a snort, he would roll his eyes, flashing his fangs at her though there was no real thread in it, he was just being petty. "That's such bullshit and we both know it, you nut." He couldn't keep the laughter out of his voice even as he tried to hide it. 

However, as she sat on his tail, he would growl softly, attempting to shoulder bump her hard enough to push her into a puddle that was forming near them. "You're playing with fire you know! I could easily kill you!" He spoke with confidence but there was amusement in his face, showing that he would never really consider killing her. Anyone else that tried to pull any of the shit she got away with? Without a second thought. But he seemed to have a soft spot for her. Why? He didn't know and really didn't want to figure it out either.

"You live to annoy me, don't you?"

the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 10:30 PM
^^Oh yes, darling Levi; Amata knew. She knew what she was doing, and she wasn’t going to stop - wait a moment, who was messing with who, here? Clearly, Amata wore the pants in this relationship, whatever it may be..

And then he showed his pretty teeths, and Amata just nuzzled into his shoulder, lovingly, as if they had been married for years beyond years. “My, my… what nice teeths you have there. It would be a shame if someone.. ” And then Amata leaned up and licked at his jawline.

And then he pushed her and she fell over, with a yelp, as if he seriously did hurt her.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
04-04-2022, 10:45 PM
He certainly wasn't expecting her to nuzzle him and more so not to lick his jaw. For a moment, he stood there dumbfounded before shoving her, though he couldn't stop the grin that showed on his face. However, that grin soon vanished as he heard her yelp. For a split second, panic and worry crossed his face as he leaned down to check on her, though he quickly realized there was no way that could have hurt her. He knew her well enough to know that something that small wouldn't hurt this woman. She was too tough for that and, though he would never say it, that was something he liked about her. 

With a small growl, he would attempt to stand over her, annoyance and amusement on his face in a weird mix of emotions. "Oh please, we both know you're much tougher than that. Though not nearly tough enough to beat me." He wasn't going to get caught showing care for her, not again. After all, he knew she would never let him live it down. However, it was clear he was still being gentle with her. "All this licking and nuzzling and acting like a damsel in distress is all a toy to get a rise out of me but we both know you don't have the balls to follow through with it." 

He would smirk knowingly, challenging her as he looked down at her. He wanted to see what she would do when challenged. She was playing a dangerous game and he was willing to see it as far as she would. After all, when was this man ever one to back down?

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
04-04-2022, 11:10 PM
^^Had Amata been toying with him or did she actually like him? To Levi, she was toying with him, but hadn’t he been toying with her? And sure, okay - yes, he called her out, and she was not a delicate little flower to be so easily broken -

And then he stood on top of her - looming in an almost protective manner, even if he would likely never admit to it. “If I wanted to beat you, you wouldn’t be standing over me,.. ” Amata whispered sweetly, glancing up at his exposed belly and uh… other things that looked like they could be easily torn with sharp teeth.

He was still being gentle with her, so she would not take away his manhood right this second. “I don’t have the balls because - and I really hate to tell you this - I’m a girl.” Amata barked a laugh, recalling the time she tried to pee like a boy, and was told that she didn’t have the equipment.

“Or, iunno, I might actually like you. Is really so bad?” She shrugged, not really sure what it would matter, one way or the other. “Anyway, I’m off to hunt, and you guys can’t help me, so.. ”

Yet she didn’t move from under him.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
04-04-2022, 11:37 PM
Levi really couldn't wrap his head around this weird feeling that he had towards her. He knew he liked her, but did she actually like him back or did she just mess with him? Though he would never actually admit it, he was scared that it was the latter. He may be tough and strong, but this was the first time he even considered opening his heart up to someone and that scared the everliving fuck out of him. Hearing her words, he would chuckle softly, knowing that she was right. She was a formidable opponent and it was something he admired about her. However, her words about liking him still made him freeze for a moment before regaining his composure. 

"Well, if you really do like me, then you would have no problem with this." As he said that, he would lean down to try and lick her chin, moving to nuzzle his head under her chin and close to her neck. It would be a very compromising position, allowing him so close to her neck, but he was curious to see if she would let him. As she talked about hunting, he would let out a soft growl, showing his displeasure. "You say that yet, I don't see you trying to leave, I certainly am not stopping you." He absolutely hated the stupid fucking statement that no one could help her hunt. But he couldn't go against his father.

the staff team luvs u
04-05-2022, 12:04 AM
^^Was there romance in the air tonight? Had Amata missed cupid flying around - as she would have surely ate him - or something? It was one thing to develop feelings for a pretty boy, and to lick and nuzzle on him like she owned him - but for him to return the favor?

She expected him to react in some other way other than… this. A laugh; a snarl - maybe even an attack, but instead, he challenged her and showed her affection. Huuuuh? He leaned down to wipe his cooties all over her, and Amata blinked - frozen with eyes wide.

She had allowed him to go near her neck, which was exciting and really fucking scary! “If anything ever happens, I want you to be the one to do it.” Amata whispered softly - and then he reminded her of the food and a clever idea.

The rule was that Amata could not eat from the caches; she could not be assisted by anyone, Nightwalker or ally - but there was never a word about Amata helping someone else in the pack. Something to think about, for someone she didn’t actually like. Ven would punish anyone who helped her.

“Yes! Yes, well, see, uh… well, um.. You know, nasty weather we have here, huh?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-05-2022, 12:27 AM
A soft smirk turned into a smile as he nuzzled into her, sniffing her deeply and enjoying her scent mixed with his. He felt something deep inside of him, though he couldn't place what this feeling was. Need? Want? He had a desire to make her his but at the same time, to keep her safe from harm. He needed to figure out if he could do both and how to. This was an entirely new feeling to him but it was something he wanted to latch onto and keep. 

He could tell she froze as he nuzzled her, letting out a deep rumble of a chuckle mixed with a want filled growl. Her words didn't help at all either. Or maybe they did, depending on what outcome he was expecting. He kept his nose against her neck, nuzzling her as he spoke up, words muffled against her fur. "There's no point in making excuses." Reluctantly he would pull his head back, glancing down at her. He wanted so much more, but they were still young and he didn't want to do something wrong and make her hate him. 

"Just because I can't help you hunt doesn't mean I can stay with you." It was entirely up to her how long they stayed around each other, but he made it clear he didn't mind how long, he enjoyed being by her side. He just hoped that he wasn't making a fool of himself. He wanted to trust it so badly that it almost hurt.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
04-05-2022, 01:53 AM
^^He did not harm her; he did not sink his pearly white teeth into her neck and end her right fucking there, like he had literally just threatened some time ago - proving that his threats were empty. Instead, there were growls; growls with emotion and feeling from the both of them.
Was this what loyalty and compassion felt like? It was a new feeling and Amata wasn’t sure what it meant or how she should feel about it. What’s worse, is that she had no one to talk to about it; no guides, no Grumbutt - nothing.

Very well, she’d wing the entire thing until one of them fucked things up - secretly hoping that nothing like that happened.

“Okay, but stay hidden, just in case?” Amata glanced up at him - slowly sliding from under him as she stretched, rear end up in the air - and in his face, giving it a good shake, before heading off to go hunt.

exit amata
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-05-2022, 04:39 AM
He couldn't stop the smirk that crossed his face as he watched her, eyes shining brightly as hundreds of emotions swirled underneath them. As she spoke, he would nod, determination clear in his eyes. He didn't want to get in trouble with his father, but he also didn't want to just leave her alone either. As she moved to get up, her backside was entirely in his face... not that he minded. Lightly, he would nip at her tail before watching her leave. 

It didn't take long for him to run after her, keeping far enough pace behind that he could still see her but could hide in the brush when needed.

-Levi exits-

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top