Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
We All Have A Hunger

Evening Partly Cloudy
08-28-2021, 02:01 AM
^^
Would you.. want to have children with me?

Oh my, my… that was a heavy question; a question that perhaps involved a good bit of consideration for all things involved. Yet, without the consideration, Harper already knew her answer.

“When I decided to marry you, Crux.. ” Harper spoke slowly, trying to get all the words right, because this was a very delicate topic. She would bring a paw to settle over one of his own, the weight of her body leaning against him as she glanced into the sky. “I did not know what I was getting into; I did not know what type of husband you would be. I also did not know if I make - er, could make you happy. Did not know, lots of things, see? Like how I would be at dis wife thing.”

And it was true, wasn’t it? They’d gone from being complete strangers to, this, whatever this was. She had feared that they would come to never love each other; to never… care for each other. She feared that she might have married a monster; a canine who would turn on her, at any given moment.

So far, her worries and her fears had been for nothing. He was open minded and gentle. He had compassion for her that she’d only ever seen in her sister, but somehow, it was different. She could feel the difference; feel the difference, too, in their relationship. He no longer felt like a stranger, but instead, like someone she’d known her entire life.

“I would be lying if I said that I had my doubts. I fear you would not come to love me, or that you mayhaps see the ugly and realize it had been a mistake. Yet, you… you look at me with such love, that I feel warmth in my chest. Not even Valeska could make me feel such a way, though I do love her dearly.”

She would pause with a deep sigh, standing to shake her coat, and taking several steps away from him. She glanced up at the sky, tail curling at her side for a moment. “Marriage. Children. It’s.. it’s not someding that I ever thought would happen to me, love. I.. ” Harper caused, turning slowly to face him.

“And then you come along, and you show me the world! A different world from the one I have been living; you plucked me from a lonely, sad world and put me into your world of kindness, compassion… and maybe even love! All dese (these) things I not feel before, from someone outside of Valeska. And then you ask me about children, and, Crux.. ”

Harper whined, pressing her forehead against his own, nuzzling him deeply as she would bring her nose to his ears, nibbling there, and blowing her hot breath into his ears.

“How could I not?”^^

the staff team luvs u
09-11-2021, 04:29 AM
My last post! This thread is ooold lol

The starlit man listened, quiet to her words. Her body against his felt not like an addition, but like part of himself that had been lacking. As if, when they were separate, that was when he was missing something integral to himself. Their lives were just starting together, so much to do and learn about one another.

He nodded - he had not been sure how he would be at being a husband, either. Their romance had begun and solidified so quickly he hadn't had time to think, to process. They had been reckless, but reckless was not always wrong. Sometimes, reckless brought something new and good into one's life.

Crux looked into her eyes once she turned to him, waiting for what she might answer. If she did not wish to have children with him - so be it. He would not pressure her, force her into that sort of thing. Never. But if she did... he would cherish it. She pulled closer, pressed her face into his, and he returned the nuzzles, pausing at her whispered words. Then, his question answered, he whined and pressed into her, nuzzling and kissing her cheek and neck.

He was so, so happy to hear that - what could he say? What words would convey the warmth that blossomed through him, spun his head, sent his toes tingling. “I love you,” he breathed into her ear, curling close just to be with her.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top