Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
All American Girl

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
P
04-14-2023, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2023, 04:51 PM by Delgata.)
For @Apsephion and @Reiko

The woman moved through the border of the lands, sitting at a comfortable place where she could get the shade of a nearby tree. Once she had comfortably sat down and wrapped her tail around her front paws, she slowly lifted her head. A soft but loud call was sent out, one for her leader, and one for her..... whatever Apsep was to her. She was still figuring that part out. 

And so, she would wait, her heart beating fast as she sat there anxiously, praying that this meeting went well.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-16-2023, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2023, 03:49 PM by Apsephion. Edited 1 time in total.)
As Delgata called for him, he moved to join her with swift feet. He had known this meeting would come; and whether he was ready for it or not, the time to change his mind was long gone.

When the small, white woman came into view, Apsephion greeted her with a small touch of his nose to her ear. A whiff was taken as well, as though he were assessing her for any changes since they'd last parted. Bad changes, more like. And when he found none, a faint grunt of satisfaction fell him.

They would then wait together for another to arrive, a beastly creature shielding the smaller with his shadow.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Shiroshika
04-17-2023, 01:55 PM
Any moment now Deltaga would call so the Empress could speak with the new member Delgata had found and found interest in them. This would be her third companion... and hopefully her last. For Delgata's sake. Reiko wasn't certain how many more heartbreaks the woman could handle before it became too much. At least she was with Shiroshika, regardless of the fate for her romances, her puppies and Delgata herself would always have the support of others and never would have go through any of this alone.

The call summoned the pale woman and she wasted little time to come greet Deltaga and her new companion. This one was a tall dark man. Slowing her pace to greet them with a little bow of her crown and a smile gracing her lips, she still had some reservations in regards to the new possible member. Not only for hers and her family's sake as well as the pack, but most of all Delgata's. Greetings, I am Empress Reiko. I assume you are Apsephion? Her pronunciation may be a bit off but she did her best before this meeting to practice after Delgata had spoken of him previously.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
04-17-2023, 03:26 PM
It didn't take long for them both to answer her call, Apseph quicker than Reiko, as if he had been waiting for her call. She was pretty sure he had been. As he approached, she aimed to nuzzle herself against him, feeling him sniff her and she stifled a chuckle. Once he seemed content with the fact that she was okay, he sat beside her and she leaned into him slightly. 

Thankfully, it didn't take long for Reiko to approach and she moved to stand up, a small smile on her face. She was hopeful that this meeting would go well, but she was also very anxious. Though she tried her best to hide it, she couldn't help the way she shifted back and forth slightly. She stayed silent, letting the two of them speak, watching everything closely with her bright blue eyes.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-17-2023, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2023, 03:35 PM by Apsephion.)
The woman they expected came without leaving them to wait long.

She approached slow, offering gestures of greeting. Apsephion returned a nod, though his skull did not fall as low as her own. It was not in his nature to bow to others, and this was only their first meeting. Later, she may receive more respect. But for the time being, he went as far as was needed to keep Delgata happy.

“You assume correct.” A bit of a cold toned response, as was his normal demeanor. Though he tried his best to keep a neutral stance, despite a bit of stiffness.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-17-2023, 03:45 PM
Though she was not one to demand absolute respect from strangers nor wave her title around - she'd accept the nod with grace, but it was the tone of which the man spoke in that ruffled the woman's feathers just a tad. Already they had such troublesome members who had left them to clean up the storm they had left behind. Would this one do the same? He had a similar stand-offish attitude immediately just as Vera and Tiberius had in the past...

Casting a glance to Deltaga who seemed happy in his presence, the Empress would simply proceed with caution.

Has Delgata shared with you our history and burdens with which you may too be carrying should you too hold our banner as Shiroshikan? The traitors, the tiger and enemies that sided with him. Was he ready for perhaps the same heartaches that would come or would he too turn his back on them when they needed him the most?

Unfortunately for them, they did need his kind around. Strong, imposing... but she had to be sure he would not be another Tiberius. Or worse, Vera and leave them wounded and scarred before his departure.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
04-17-2023, 03:58 PM
She sighed slightly at Apseph's tone, gently pushing her shoulder in him with a simple look of 'be nice'. She then turned her attention back to Reiko, speaking up with an apologetic smile. "I have not yet, I figured it would be best for you to explain as I wasn't around when it happened." She only knew of the aftermath and information from word of mouth. But, it was best for information like that to come from the source itself. 

She shifted from one paw to another, looking between the two anxiously. She was already stressed as it, and the fact that Apseph's and Reiko's personalities were so different that they clashed certainly wasn't helping the situation. One was bubbly and open and the other was closed and aggressive. But she needed Reiko to see the side of him that she knew. 

"I apologize for his... attitude." That was the best way to say it. "He's a bit antisocial, but I promise his intentions are good." Her words were filled with hope, praying that Reiko gave him a chance.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-17-2023, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2023, 04:15 PM by Apsephion. Edited 1 time in total.)
This woman, called Empress, didn't seem too fond of his manner. He could tell it had rubbed her a bit the wrong way, though he'd never quite found fault in it when he was this way.

When Delgata nudged him, then apologized for his brash "attitude", he couldn't help but tense further, paws shifting into the ground.

With a calm inhale, he tried to push it to the back of his mind. He didn't enjoy others taking pardon for him being himself, but he wasn't here to start an argument either.

“Delgata has known I will carry what burdens come, so long as I am by her side and she is by mine.” He had not in fact been told much of Shiroshika, but he knew of Delagata's own circumstance. To which, these words were directed more so to this. Nonetheless, whatever life surrounded her, it now did the same for him. This accounted for whatever occurred within her pack as well.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-17-2023, 04:28 PM
Delgata spoke up apologetically for her companion - of which had brought the Empress her own apologetic glance to the woman not wanting to worry her any further. Unfortunately, the pack needed to be certain of each new member was being welcomed and that they were screened to ensure no more trouble would come their way.

Nodding, she took note that he was unaware of their circumstances and decided to take a little seat, indicating there was quite a story to tell should he continue to choose to side with them. I must make you aware that we have enemies... none of which I am proud of but attentiveness must be taken. A breath to steady her own nerves recollecting it all. Still, it swayed her nerves to think of such times.

A tiger named Kuhn has caused us much trouble in these past years. My face... is a reminder of that. Cerulean eyes cast downward as she spoke. His allies used to be one of us as well, however, instead of staving off the danger that Kuhn imposed on us through continuous tests and invading our borders, stealing our prey and caches to feed outsiders despite our own personal treaty, Tiberius turned his back on us and stood with the enemy who continuously threatened us. With the shifting lands she was uncertain where he and his comrades could be now. We have already dealt with treachery and heartaches aplenty. I must be certain you will not add to that. For should Shiroshika stand and remain guarded, I can keep everyone, including Delgata safe.

the staff team luvs u
04-17-2023, 04:35 PM
She leaned her shoulder slightly into Apsep, a silent apology for speaking for him, she just wanted this to go as well as possible. However, as Reiko sent her a reassuring look, she felt herself relaxing slightly. Reiko knew how much this meant to her and she would do everything in her power to let this happen without issue. And so, she fell silent, letting Reiko tell the story of Kuhn, though she knew it may be a painful memory. She stepped forward to aim a quick nose to her leader's shoulder, a silent reassurance of her own. 

Moving to sit back down beside the male, she listened quietly. However, as Reiko spoke of heartache, Delgata found herself glancing at her feet, feeling a bit uncomfortable. Though she wasn't sure if that wording was about her specifically, it certainly felt like it. 

Quietly, she would glanced up at him from under her lashes, waiting with baited breath to see what would happen now that he knew of everything. The logical side of her knew that it wouldn't change anything with his decision, but for some reason she couldn't shake the lingering fear he would leave her just like everyone else.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-17-2023, 04:48 PM
Delgata's leader went on to tell the tales of Shiroshika's grievances.

Traitor after traitor, ache after ache. That's all it seemed to be. This place hadn't been his home, and yet still he felt angry for them, shoulders tightening and teeth clenching.

When she had finished and given him reason as to why she informed of this, Apsephion took a moment to think. Not of whether this altered his decision, but of whether or not he would remain long enough without making any rash decisions towards further issues. If he had his way, these traitors would have had disassembled corpses before the feet of Reiko. And yet, they had been free to leave. Or so it was made to sound.

Passing one brief glance to Delgata, he returned his attention to Reiko. “I can assure you... so long as Delgata remains, and safely so, I will be no issue to you.” But that was not all he could promise. “Should any of these traitors find themselves back on this land, or should others arise, you have my teeth and claws at your service to see it due consequences are allocated.”
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-17-2023, 05:04 PM
Delgata's touch was welcomed. Soothing her own nerves that fizzed from the memories rising to the forefront. She couldn't call it rage or anger, but more along the lines of melancholy. A dark cloud hung over their heads, a reminder to proceed into the future cautiously. No, anger was reserved for the tiger and Valmua who brought these troubles to their doors for no good reason other than petty games.

As Empress, my duty is solely for the safety and well-being of all those under me. They served one another. Without a court, there was no Empress and vice versa. Hopefully, that would reassure the man that her goal was as he wished.

Thankfully for all members in this meeting, Apsephion's answer sufficed. Of course, words were only one thing and action was another. It would be my honour to welcome you to Shiroshika Apsephion. Once again they gained an able-bodied, possibly new guardian that could ease the duties off of @Antares's shoulders. By that answer, am I safe to assume you excel in combat and guardianship? Please don't feel obliged if there is a different task you would rather focus on. Delgata, I assume you would like to show him around?

the staff team luvs u
04-17-2023, 05:23 PM
She glanced between them, finally letting out a sigh of relief as everything seemed to come to a close. That was a huge weight off of her shoulders and she found herself leaning into Apseph slightly. 

She glanced up at Reiko and nodded, content to show him around the area. Plus, she honestly doubted he would let anyone else show him around. Not that she minded though. "Thank you." She spoke softly, bowing her head at Reiko, though it was more as a friend than a subordinate. Reiko was more to her than just a leader. 

She glanced up at Apsephion and nuzzled him lightly, gesturing with her head for him to follow her. "I'll show you around, my dear." She started to walk off, her gait slow but steady.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-17-2023, 05:29 PM
Shiroshika. His home.

Home...

It would take a while to truly wrap his head around this new change, but for the time being, his focus would revolve around Delgata and whatever she needed.

“Yes, I s'pose,” His response when Reiko asked of his preference in task. Combat was something he'd known much of for a while, but never really took time in perfecting. It was more-so for means of survival and nature of instinct than anything else.

Now that the matter was all settled, Delgata was intent upon showing him around. So, without much else to say, he offered a quick nod of farewell to Reiko before turning to join in on the tour.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top