Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Nevermore

Sunrise Snow
P
Shiroshika
Ecologist
04-12-2023, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2023, 01:29 PM by Reiko. Edited 2 times in total.)
for @Delgata

Individuals had vanished. One by one they flew into the ether like smoke, unseen and impossible to catch without a trace. Her heart ached for them and wished them all to be well, hoping that it was simply due to these strange lands taking them back home where they wished to be and not... anything nefarious. Though she feared for their safety, she would hold on to hope that they were all doing where until proof of anything else came along to tell the Empress otherwise.

Checking on the dens and making sure she kept track of who was still around, next was onto the caches and herbs stored away. Making sure none of those were gone as well through the strange shift in the stars. Did she remember their skies differently but a few months ago or did they truly shift to nearly being unrecognizable once again? Perhaps she should leave Tsukiishi's borders and see the world beyond their walls, see if anyone had had such an occurrence in their lands - but for now she was focussed on family, making sure everyone was still here despite some of the missing friends.

Padding along the powder snow, her eyes caught sight of another one of the pale wolves. Delgata! Running up to the woman, she was glad to see that her nose was not wrong in that the Noble woman remained. Hoping to press her head against hers in a joyful greeting. I am glad to see you.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
Counsellor
04-12-2023, 03:37 PM
It was not long after her talk with @Antares that the woman chose to wander a little, though this time much closer in the borders. She hadn't talked to Reiko yet about @Apsephion, but he hadn't left her mind. She was so deep in thought that at first, she didn't even hear the call for her name, not until a familiar white fluff came bounding up to her. Sure enough Reiko's smiling face was in front of her. 

She smiled slightly and wagged her tail, aiming to meet the woman's headbutt gently. "Reiko! It's been a bit. I'm so glad you're okay." She spoke softly, though the happiness and relief was clear in her voice. She shifted slightly to lay down, her growing belly shifting a bit uncomfortably as she did so. "How are you?" She asked, almost like a dutiful mother checking in. Delgata had so many things she wanted to say and things she needed to go over with the leader, but first she wanted to make sure the woman was doing well first.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Ecologist
04-12-2023, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2023, 01:30 PM by Reiko. Edited 1 time in total.)
Delgata's sides swelled more and more each day which was both a blessing and a reminder of how much of a failure Reiko was to protect her from the man that wandered beyond their borders. She knew there was little she could do to mother goose each member, especially the adults as they were their own individuals and didn't need a parent - however, still, the fact stood that she was their Empress and her sole purpose was to keep them safe from harm such as this.

Thankfully the feeling between them was mutual. Delighted that the other was okay during this strange and sudden shift. How are you fairing? Is your pregnancy doing well thus far? Inquiring about both the mother and the potential children she was now carrying. Hopefully the strange goings-on didn't affect either of them...

I am well... for the most part. I worry for those who disappeared. The stars are no longer familiar yet again and I fear we, or they are lost once more. Thankful for the ones who remained but still. Who was it that moved? Did they think that it was Tsukiishi who moved and left them behind or was it the other way around? My family is safe thankfully and so am I, but still... I hope Gyrfalcon and the others are well. If not, she feared how to save them from a fate left uncertain.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
04-12-2023, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2023, 08:12 PM by Delgata.)
She smiled slightly at her empress, flicking her tail slightly before speaking softly with a nod. "We are doing good." She gently raised a paw to place on her stomach, feeling the small bodies shifting around inside of her belly. She thought for a moment, her gaze wandering to the lands around them, the place they called home. "I'm sure everyone will be okay, we've made it through worse things." She said calmly before glancing back at the woman, a small smile hinting on her lips. "Besides, they were taught by and cared for by the best." She would gently aim to press her shoulder into the other woman's, a gentle reminder that Reiko had done well thus far in protecting them. 

She thought for a moment before speaking, her voice a bit softer now and almost unsure. "I wanted to ask you something... I know a lot has happened recently but... I was wondering if I could request a loner joining us...." She trailed off, not wanting to go into too much detail if the other snowfallen woman shut down her thoughts instantly. Of course, she didn't expect her to, but stranger things had happened.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Medic
04-13-2023, 04:56 PM
With a saddened smile she agreed with Delgata that they had been through worse. They had also been through enough as far as she was concerned. They had lost enough and now there were more missing out of the blue - at least there was no certainty they would never return unlike those they lost to Kuhn during the attack. If you need anything to help you through your pregnancy, please do not be shy to ask. Quicksilver and I would be more than happy to ease any discomfort as they come. And hopefully be there for the delivery as a family for Delgata as the beast who did this wouldn't be welcome even if he did come to their borders for her.

"Besides, they were taught by and cared for by the best." The following brought a wave in her tail, pleased to hear such a compliment after such hardships - but still it weighed strangely. Thank you, it is the least I can do for you all. The compliment felt misplaced with her, but she wouldn't argue with Delgata either. She had the right to feel the way she did if it were honest.

Of course, have you met someone who might be fitting? Strangers were iffy lately. Even some of their own apparently would sneak off to meet with enemies, coming back smelling of Kuhn for whatever reason... they simply couldn't allow such behaviour regardless of their feelings toward an enemy. Taking a seat next to the pale woman, curling her tail around for her toes to sit comfortably ontop of and bring some warmth from below. Please, tell me more about them before we meet. As a formality of course.So that when she says "Delgata has told me all about you" it would not be lie.

the staff team luvs u
04-13-2023, 10:40 PM
She smiled slightly, enjoying sitting here calmly with her leader and friend. However, as the conversation turned to Apsephion, she hesitated slightly, not really sure how to approach the conversation. And so, she sighed and figured she might as well dive right in. "Well, I met this loner... his name is Apsephion. He... well he's been very kind to me and we've spend quite a bit of time together... " She glanced over at Reiko, trying to gauge her expression as she continued. 

"Reiko... I'm falling for him and I'm terrified." She finally spoke softly, blue orbs glancing at her paws. "Everyone I've ever grown attached to has vanished. Snowdrift.... Burdock... they both just vanished out of no where... and I'm scared he will to." She sighed and lifted her head, looking up at the sky for a moment. "But he's so kind, helpful, and protective..." She finally fell silent, still looking at the sky as if she was scared to look over at Reiko for fear of what she would find looking back at her.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Medic
04-14-2023, 01:14 PM
Quietly Reiko sat and listened to Delgata speak about this stranger - but it seemed they would not be just some new member, but potentially something more for Deltaga. The woman's expression was already peaceful but it softened even further as the pale woman continued, her heartbreak evident and the Empress empathetic to the pain that struck a deep chord within.

Delgata... She started, her voice only above a whisper as if should she speak any louder, it might cause more pain to the fragile mother-to-be. Pressing her shoulder into Delgata a little more, hoping to support the shattering heart as though she could hear the cracks forming from where she sat. This world and the last are beautiful but cruel. She knew this by experience. Over and over. You have a very big heart and for individuals like you, it is especially difficult to navigate.

As Delgata gazed to the sky, the Empress hoped to support Delgata's head by placing hers below the woman's chin. Do not let it break you. It will test your kindness at every turn.

the staff team luvs u
04-17-2023, 12:56 AM
It seemed like speaking with Reiko like this was exactly what the soon-to-be mother needed. At least for now. She felt like a heavy weight had been lifted from her shoulders and it felt nice to have someone console her and not the other way around for once. But of course, that would never stop her from being there for others. 

She let the equally pale woman slip her head under her chin and even rested her head there for a moment, sighing in relief. "Even if I wanted to let it break me, I can't. Not when I have so many counting on me. Regardless of the lives growing inside me, I can't let the pack down. I can't let you down.." She spoke softly, shifting so that she was cuddling into Reiko slightly, finding comfort in the woman's touch. Even as her mind shifted to Apseph, she didn't want to let him down either. 

"Thank you, Reiko. Truly, for everything. This pack has giving me a purpose, and you have given me kindness that the world has ripped from me." Her words were barely a whisper, a show that she didn't often speak her own issues outloud. She was more comfortable listening to and handling others concerns and worries.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Medic
04-17-2023, 02:12 PM
Somehow Delgata felt a little lighter. As if somehow a heavy load had been lifted and now she could breathe a little easier. This sensation brought a tempo to the Empress' tail, hitting the snow-dusted grown happily in a gentle rhythm.

Do not worry too much about the pack, focus on your young ones and duties and the pack will thrive. Let us worry about the whole. As in the Nobles and Royalty. It was why the pack was structured the way it was. The higher-ups had more responsibility on their shoulders to burden, while the others would take care of those below them and rise up to the task of more duties when positions were open. The crown and title of Empress was heavy, but it was why they taught their children to prepare for the same once it was their turn.

I am happy to hear that... it was why Shiroshika was made after all. To hear that it had granted such feelings had lessened the wounds of previous failures. Perhaps finally things were changing for the good for them.

the staff team luvs u
04-17-2023, 03:43 PM
She smiled slightly and aimed a quick nuzzle to the other woman's cheek. Reiko was one of the main reason's Delgata hadn't gone crazy after everything, and she doubted the Empress understood how important she was. Even now, she finally relaxed fully, offering a small smile still. "Thank you." She said simply before finally standing up and stretching slightly, letting out a soft grunt as she did so. 

"I'm going to retire for the night my dear. I hope you sleep well." She smiled and nodded her head in farewell. Tonight was hopefully going to be the last night she would have to sleep alone. But at the same time, the anxiety was growing with each passing hour.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

scroll to top