Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
The night, she calls me

Evening Fog 43° F
AW
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-29-2021, 09:33 PM
@Caligula and possibly @Vengeance
Takes place a few hours after this thread!  

In her teeth was her victim as she dragged the body back to the reach, through the fogged trees as she searched for her mentor.
Catching his scent, Eldra dropped her victim with a soft thud and let out a howl for Caligula, standing eagerly, attentively, waiting for him to join her so she could show him her work.
the staff team luvs u
03-29-2021, 10:59 PM
Hm, had it been a week already? Caligula could barely remember what time was now that he was in these new lands, honestly. Everything seemed inconsequential and blurry, as though if was a purgatory he was meant to entertain himself with until judgment day.

Eldra would certainly entertain him, that much was for sure.

The ghost slipped through the misty forest quickly, only pausing when he stumbled across the familiar woman and her kill. "Well done, Eldra. How badly were you injured in the struggle?" Obviously she was alive, but he wanted to see whether or not she had actually learned anything from their combat lessons.

the staff team luvs u
03-29-2021, 11:11 PM
She smiled slightly at his words, and responded honestly to his question 
"Nothing too horrible. She got my cheek and head a bit with her teeth when I ambushed her, but otherwise the takedown was clean...save for her throat anyway." She tilted her head so he could see the minor rakes in her flesh, then upturned her victim's head with her paw to show the severe lack of a jugular, which now looked like a hollow, gory cave-in. 

She awaited his response, be it critique or praise or both.
the staff team luvs u
03-30-2021, 12:43 AM
Whether he was impressed or not was not something he would let display across his face, unfortunately. Similar to Vengeance himself, the ghoul rarely allowed anything other than absolute nothingness to inhabit his expression. Saved energy by not making facial expressions, y'know?

"So you choose stealth and assassination over brute force, then," he commented with a nod. Assassins were always helpful. "If that is your preference, we will begin shifting to sneak attacks." She would learn both eventually, but having a particular talent would be helpful.

Now, onto the rest..

"I have spoken with Vengeance. He has made it quite clear that you tend to get yourself into a bit of trouble, that you do not think before you act. We need to change that for both our sakes, because a failure on your part is a failure on mine." Caligula took a few strides to his left, thinking. "I needn't tell you that continuous disobedience will result in something much worse than death, so let's try to think before we act, yes?" It was no longer only her hide on the line.

"If you want to be a tool of the master's design, you would do well to forget you can speak. Not with me, of course, but with Lord Vengeance. The less you say, the better. You will earn your place soon enough if you are patient, my dear." Shit, he really hated talking so much. "So what say you? Shall we both impress our lord, together?"

the staff team luvs u
Nightwalkers
Formation
03-30-2021, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 03:05 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Eldra visibly lightened some for a moment. 
"She would have fought more if I used brute force. I wanted it to be a cleaner kill than the kid." She explained softly,
A switch to stealth tactics? Sounded like a nice change...
And then Vengeance. 

If her face could pale, it would have. 
But listening to Caligula, she saw his reason. 
"Agreed." She responded, listening to the rest of his words. 

Eldra swayed her tail some and nodded with eager agreement. All she wanted was to belong, and to prove herself and her worth. She knew it would take time, but it would hopefully be worth it. 
"I would like nothing less." Eldra agreed to her mentor's last sentence.

+1 Formation Point

the staff team luvs u
03-30-2021, 02:19 AM
She was nothing if not agreeable, and Caligula wondered how much of an impact were his words and how much was anything else. He was certain Vengeance had done.. something to the poor creature to wear her down so, but he wasn't complaining. Made his job easier in the long run.

"That's good, because I do not want to die quite yet." He hadn't meant to entwine himself with her in such a way, but it was too late to back out now. Now he could only deal with the consequences of his actions and move forward. "Alright then," he murmured, contemplating his next move. "You want to be stealthy.. we will work on disguising scents, then. Your target is a wolf who lives in the desert, what are some things you could roll in to blend in with the environment?" Gods help him, he needed to help Vengeance with scent disguising too.

the staff team luvs u
03-30-2021, 03:26 AM
She nods with understanding at his desire to not die quite yet.

And then on to the lessons.
She thought for a moment...
"A carcass might do. Or perhaps any foliage and duet spots in the surrounding area."
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
03-31-2021, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 07:34 PM by Caligula. Edited 1 time in total.)
Caligula blinked. "I'll be honest with you, the only one you're sneaking up on after rolling in a carcass is Vengeance. Anyone else smells rotting flesh coming towards them, they'll probably be concerned." A valiant effort, however.

"Foliage would be a better idea. The best method is to wash off in water, coat yourself in mud and then roll in local floral like you suggested. Your homework is to try and "assassinate" me without the murder bits. Be methodical about it, sneak up on me.. if you can." He might react poorly if startled, but shh.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-01-2021, 02:07 AM
Well...she tried. 
But foliage, huh? Eldra made a mental note of that. 
Listening to her homework for the week, She gave an agreeing nod. 
"Roger that." 

She then took a few steps forward. What now?
the staff team luvs u
Nightwalkers
Formation
04-01-2021, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 03:10 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
She certainly was an eager thing, wasn't she? Caligula himself was a different kind of beast; where she had determination, he had experience. The man wasn't terribly concerned with keeping himself fit since it was second nature. Eldra, however, seemed so hellbent on powering through herself that she was well on her way to burning out. "Take the rest of the day to relax, Eldra. You're no good to anyone exhausted." Even the mightiest of warriors took a nap every so often. "Get yourself cleaned up and take it easy. That's your homework for today." If she needed to have it presented like an order, then.. there it was.

+1 Formation Point

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-01-2021, 06:14 PM
Relax? 
She...didn't quite understand that that's exactly what she needed to do. 
Eldra wanted to protest, but some part of her saw his wisdom, and with a gentle nod, she began to walk off to go find somewhere to rest. 

Her ascension would come in due time. For now...simply rest.
the staff team luvs u
04-01-2021, 06:20 PM
He certainly had his paws full with the firecracker of a woman. Caligula heaved a tiny sigh as she turned to leave and made to move in the opposite direction, intent on taking a nap himself.

-fin-

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top