Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
i am heaven sent

Late Evening Partly Cloudy
P
Discovery
11-02-2022, 02:23 AM
The wind blew and bit.

Sharp, frigid, biting, nipping, tearing teeth personified into the blowing breeze.

The entire world here grey and stone.

Cold, and wet, and damp.

Bleak.

The ocean dark and stormy.

“The fuck you want, Moon-eyes.” He grunted, when she approached.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
Discovery
11-03-2022, 07:44 PM
"It is destiny once more my dear sandman," and how the winds whispered and guided. The calling of nature itself as it continued to breeze to the south, the smell of the sea never seemed to leave no matter how far she went up.. One way another felt that the Goddess guided her back to the temperate, where she stood near the same cliffs she had met many, and a few she wonders where they have went. The calling of the waterfalls blessed her ears. She could see the familiar black sands that much were like the Raven's Rock where she continued and time again to meet the fated Sandman. Were they bound by the sands itselF? Miriam questioned.

"How does pack life fare you?" she would hope that he would get along with the night mistress @Sagittarius.

the staff team luvs u
11-07-2022, 01:42 AM
'How does pack life fare you?'

"I left."

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
11-07-2022, 02:46 AM
"The call of adventure is mysterious, is it not?" Miriam felt all-too well the non-need to join packs. Although such thoughts crossed her path, she was fortified to continue on the wayfaring journey and see more that the world holds. All until the cards would play right, and bring her to someone, or some place one day. Though for now the moon maiden followed her selfish heart, and continued travelling places all around. The Goddess had brought her to experience all to her hearts desire, Miriam thought — and she would follow the holy journey she was so graciously given. Praise thy' fate.

"What made you leave?" Smiling and approaching so, Miriam took a spot onto the black peach. Her tail brushed against the grains as she felt her paws sink into it ; all while the falls in the distance hummed wildly into the sea.

the staff team luvs u
11-07-2022, 11:56 PM
He made a face.

His ears rolled back.

“Old man was fucking crazy.”

the staff team luvs u
11-08-2022, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2022, 10:28 PM by Miriam.)
Miriam tilted her head with an innocent look as she flickered one ear, "who?" for she knew he did not mean the night mistress, but an older male of sorts. Unknowing of the pack, and overall, Miriam actually met Madmortigan on one faithful night. Destiny was strange that way, twirling them all in a red thread of coincidences.. But she had no idea who he meant.

She heard a lot of the packs in the temperate — how famed in.. Badness, they were. However his pack was a scent she initially knew not of, only knowing an area she visited, was now claimed.

the staff team luvs u
11-09-2022, 09:55 PM
”Doesn't fucking matter.”

It was gone.

It was dead.

the staff team luvs u
11-11-2022, 12:43 AM
He was mysterious as always, giving little information to how he was to the pack he went, and even the name he held. She had no idea who he was, but one way or another a continual kinship formed. Miriam thought so with a light smile as an ear flickered, and her tail swayed in the back, "what were they called?" she asked curiously to the pack he once was in. She knew of Nightwalkers, of Elkshire.. But the scent that both he and Arius had, was not one she knew. Curiosity sparkled in her gaze.

"Oh.. What are you planning to do now that you left?" My, was she being too intrusive? It was a shot whether he'd give answers or not, she expected something vague.

the staff team luvs u
11-11-2022, 01:34 AM
’What are you planning to do now that you left?’

“Whatever.”

Anything.

Everything.

Nothing.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
11-11-2022, 06:46 PM
"Adventure always has a mysterious calling. Nature loves nothing more then pulling wolves around to it's delight." He did not explain much what happened, nor' what his plans were ; she thought maybe it was all but the whims of the Goddess and the nature itself. Pulling and twisting back to the native calling of the wilds, though wolves were social animals in general, it always had a way to whispering to some of a more adventurous methods. Miriam wondered if perhaps the magic that breathed into the world itself enjoyed the Sandman a bit too much. He didn't seem too torn up about it though.

"I feel my own time within the temperate is coming to end.. More and more I have been to the mountains."

the staff team luvs u
11-11-2022, 07:03 PM
"Why."

What was there.

the staff team luvs u
11-11-2022, 07:07 PM
"There are quite a few packs there. I do not know their names, but the scents are all over.. Quite populated by wolves. I'm eager to meet many." She was smiling well, knowing that perhaps it was rather foolish to be wandering in a place so heavy with wolves itself. Greedy creatures who continually wanted more and more land, but Miriam was quite thrilled on the chance to meet new as well as learn what has developed around. Her tail wagged lightly as she looked to the falls. If there was a chance, she would want to see what was across.. But for now mortal paws take her only to the regions she could.

the staff team luvs u
11-11-2022, 07:55 PM
He grunted.

Settled on the cold, damp, wet black sand next to her.

His head rested on his forelegs.

His ears pulled back.

He stared out into the ocean.

He stared out into the sky.

the staff team luvs u
11-11-2022, 08:54 PM
It was a strange friendship. Miriam was one who often carried the conversation as she continued babbling on, the slips of the Goddess or the heavens here and there and the whimsical ways that the world toyed.. She continued on like that, seemingly getting but those usual grunts every so often as a responds, but he never really left until later. She was happy to gain a friend in this land, and found their unusual connection rather charming. Until finally the sun was gone, and she would bid the sandman farewell until their next fated meeting.

She imagined it was somewhere in the mountains.. Surely so.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top