Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
When I make the sign,

Midnight
Group Only
Empyrean
Ecologist
11-02-2022, 01:14 AM
There was a few things that the Ostrega's were known for. Ferocity within family, awfully protective — but the adoration for bones, and.. The sky itself. The stars were their banner, proudly shinning and even named after constellations, although in truth she had found her own lacking in the might that she so wished. It felt it didn't match the might of her siblings and more, especially her mother whose name took the strongest she thought ; the might beast the held firm into the sky. Maybe a jealousy, for not feeling as special and grand as she wished to be.

The sky almost seemed to mock her, as she looked at the same constellation she was named after. High on the mountains Ara had climbed, to the tips where wolves can reach to the very peaks.. She would sit and observe the painting above.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
11-02-2022, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2022, 08:03 PM by Elke. Edited 1 time in total.)
Elke would never grow tired of looking up at the vast open sky, made so by living within the high reaches of mountain tops. Elke had lived in four different mountain ranges, despite only not all that long ago turning two years of age. A trialing youth she had and yet one of much adventure and knowledge of lands beyond the safety of her home. Still, she had much to learn and had done little to explore beyond since coming into this new world, this new life.

As she moves along the many winding pathways of the cliffs, she comes to yet another opening within the peaks, a place for rest and star gazing. She had been here before and tonight, another one sat up and looked at the stars. She wore such a dark coat, as much her family (they were either agouti or black and rarely much in between) that it was hard even to see her. “Hello Ara...” She greeted softly.
the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
11-02-2022, 05:45 PM
Ara turned to see a familiar cousin. The last time she remembered speaking to the other personally was deducting her as a liar, feeling that a place of endless sand was but a myth of so. She realizes now that was naive concept, and did not feel any more trivial feelings upon the matter ; and only saw her as she was, family. Though the moments of where blood poured upon her was a moment to remember, the spraying of what came from the sea that hailed onto the mountain — a mystery to this day.

Her cousin was highly different then most Ostrega's, she thought as she gave a silent chuff of greeting. Not only did she lack the distinct coat of the darker browns or blacks, she held a purple gaze. It was fascinating to see to the daredevil who rarely saw more then the distinct colors she was used to. Her gaze turned back to the sky, "were you named after any constellation?" Ara asked as her yellow gaze was narrowing to any that seemed familiar. There was none that came to mind within this bright-dark sky that said Elke, so she was curious on the reason of her name.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
11-26-2022, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 10:58 PM by Elke. Edited 1 time in total.)
skill: stargazer

How Elke's coat came to be was anyone's guess. Her mother was tawny colored, her sister of dark coat like their fathers. Elke was predominantly golden and cream, her father's eyes bright in her skull. She did not hold the pride or power the Ostrega might uphold, either.

“No, I wasnt.” She admits with a soft smile. No Ostrega had named her, instead, a man without a family name to pass down to his children. And so, Ostrega she was. “My father named me after another woman named Elke, who had magick. She explained then, her eyes fixed on the stars above just as her cousin was. “Can you see the constellation that would were named for? I admit, I don't know any by name, though always nice to watch...”
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top