Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Read Only
my winter song to you

Read Only
Formation
Empyrean
03-25-2021, 09:26 PM
Waiting, she heard the song of her family once more. Further out than even Osiris and Leta, Hydra's ears pricked forward to listen—

And a violent wave of remembering struck. 

Her weight was distributed to her hinds as her forelegs seemed to shift upward, an eager prance in place as the memories came. Keres, her sister. She could hardly hear anything else beyond the volume of her own mind that had then opened like floodgates; Hydra lifted her head and sang back, I am here, I am here, so that they would know she had heard, and that she was waiting. She thrilled at the thought of their return... the return of so many too, soon. Not nearly soon enough. Typically an extraordinarily patient woman, Hydra loosed a whine and huffed to not see them before her now. Even if she had only just become aware of it, it felt as though she had been waiting eons... 

But, for her sisters, Hydra could afford to wait a little while longer. For the whole of her family, Hydra would ever wait as long as it took.

Moving forward and marking her borders in the process of her active search, Hydra headed on to again call for Pippin.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top