Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
this is not the time, the time to start a new love

Afternoon Overcast 53° F
P
Discovery
09-14-2022, 08:27 PM
The rocks leading down were dark and damp, wet with humidity and slick with recent rain and crashing waves. A coast of black sand below. The waves crashed and collided. A dark, angry sea. The sand foamed and frothed with white, thrusted on the shore.

A trail of pawprints leading to the water’s edge.

It stuck and clung to his paws and the backs of his lower legs.

Dark, coarse, rough sand against brown-blond fur.

He shook his coat.

Glanced, at the tall dark figure in the corner of his eye. And took a double take when he realized it wasn’t the old man.

He made a face like he swallowed a lemon.

His ears pressed back against his head. His hackles bristled. His tail deadweight between his back legs.

“What.”

The wind blew and ruffled through his fur. Cold, wet, and damp. The air salted with it, with the sea’s water.

the staff team luvs u
09-14-2022, 08:39 PM
^^

You know, it would be typical. The red eyed beasts was haunting him. He had been alone, exploring, feasting on the new land and what his new body could offer him. Surprised that the pattern had ended at being faced with the man who loathed him but all together he had moved, feasting, lounging and turning over every rock.

The beach called him. Black sand, crashing waters.

Gold fur.

Olaf smirked.

"Well, well, well," he sung, sashaying across the sand.

What a turn of events. ^^

the staff team luvs u
09-14-2022, 08:54 PM
‘Well, well, well,’

He rankled.

His ears plastered back against his head. He took a half-step backwards, away from the fucking dumbass kicking up sand.

His hackles bristled. Long guard hairs stood on edge.

“No.”

the staff team luvs u
09-14-2022, 08:59 PM
^^

Oh, he was so happy to see him! Look at him, all ranked and stuff. Kicking up sand, all for him! "Aw," he drawled, wagging his tail -- different image to the golden man indeed.

"Not seen me in ages and that's the greeting I get?" Olaf would tut, grinning as he bounced forward. ^^

the staff team luvs u
09-14-2022, 09:03 PM
'Not seen me in ages and that's the greeting I get?'

"Die."

the staff team luvs u
09-14-2022, 09:17 PM
^^

Anyone else probably wouldn't have found it fun. Wouldn't have fallen just that bit more. Olaf was... a special case, okay. "Where's the fun in that?" He cooed, stepping forward, curling his tail in excitement. ^^

the staff team luvs u
09-14-2022, 09:50 PM
Ugh.

He glowered. His ears matted back.

He sidestepped him. Pawprints in the dark, cold, wet sand in a wide berth around him.

“Eat shit.” He huffed.

On his way to anywhere he wasn't.

the staff team luvs u
09-14-2022, 10:02 PM
^^

He stepped in movement with him, attempting to make his departure as hard as possible. "Eat shit? Why would I do that when I could eat you?" It was said innocently, cheekily, smile matching.

Olaf knew he was pressing his buttons. Knee he hadn't liked the last time he eluded to something.

Ah, well.

Good shit. ^^

the staff team luvs u
09-14-2022, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 10:18 PM by Daighre. Edited 2 times in total.)
Intercepted.

Interrupted.

‘Eat shit? Why would I do that when I could eat you?’

He huffed.

“You’re gross.”

And then—

“And annoying.”

He would rather be pinned beneath fucking Blueberry again or getting his fucking throat saw open than fucking dealing with him.

the staff team luvs u
09-14-2022, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 10:21 PM by Olaf.)
^^

He waved him off, lifting a paw as if to show it. "Well, you wouldn't know what else I am 'cause you walk away from me before you can," Olaf pointed out, tilting his head.

This was progress.

Wearing him down doing the trick. ^^

the staff team luvs u
09-14-2022, 10:41 PM
‘Well, you wouldn't know what else I am 'cause you walk away from me before you can,’

He huffed.

His right ear flicked back when he passed. His shoulders hunched and drawn to his ears. His head carried low, in line with his spine.

“See you around, dipshit.”

He kicked sand at him when he left. Cold and damp and clinging.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top