Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
loki got nothing on me

Sunset Snow
P
09-08-2022, 09:23 PM
Steps led him to the north, or as further north as he could get. Above him, the stars twinkled and shone. The gods were watching. Torben decided that something old had graciously placed him here. It could be the work of a trickster, someone who got their kicks out of watching him struggle.

Sadly, they would be so far bored.

Torben did not struggle in any sense of the word. When the sun blazed, he took shelter and waited. When it dropped or was heavily cloudy, he traveled. He went nowhere in particular - only that he knew he kept going. "Lo?" he called out, spotting a pale and speckled form on the near horizon.

She reminded him of a cat. "Cuse me, miss" the albino neared her - but not close enough to touch. He kept his distance respectful. Especially toward females "felt it was rude to ignore ye" he added "name's Torben, I'm... new here" He frowned softly "do ye know of any communities in the area?"

@Soledad

the staff team luvs u
torben is albino and travels only at night
Adventurer
09-09-2022, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2022, 11:36 PM by Soledad. Edited 1 time in total.)
-

Holy shit, he had actually agreed. Turns out ol' scarface had his own pack now, amd he actually let her in. Shit attitude and all, maybe he liked the challenge she presented or maybe it was her spunk? She didn't know but it was nice to be somewhere, do finally be able to do something. Oh, and guess what? No appearing randomly in a new location! How exciting was that, in fact it gave her a soft skip in her step.

She had been thinking of catching a few critters to fill up the caches when someone called out to her, calling her miss of all things. Pale legs slowed before stopping all together, from the way he greeted her he seemed like an alright guy. It was when she turned to face him that her eyes widened in slight surprise, oh, he was one of those albino creatures. Wait, did he not have a tail? She blatantly stared over his shoulder, looking at the fact there was a little stump of a tail attached to him. How strange, anyways.

She refocused, her mismatched eyes looking into his sharp ruby of a gaze. Now that was an unnerving color. "Hey Torben.." she spoke, her ears splaying to the side of her head for a moment before standing upright again. Don't stare at his ass, she chided herself before remembering he asked her a question. "um what?" she quickly recovered and bobbed her head in answer. "yes and name's Soledad. I actually know of a nice place, really close too." Wait, what was she babbling about?

the staff team luvs u
09-09-2022, 06:27 PM
"Nice to meet ye."

He was somewhat flustered she had stared at his behind from her spot, but he understood. He lacked a tail, having a puffy stub instead. It wasn't something natural, was it? He smiled kindly, patiently. "Aye?" and moved on from the unspoken topic of his tail "can ye tell me 'bout it a bit?" 

The woman - Soledad - seemed some type of recruiter. Or maybe she was wanting to help. Either way, he took her up on the offer. "Izzit yer pack?" It wouldn't do to get caught up in a cult after all! Her smell was a bit faint, suggesting she had been traveling or new to the community she told him.

@Soledad

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
09-09-2022, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2022, 11:55 PM by Soledad. Edited 1 time in total.)
-

Though she had obviously gave him some fluttering over her staring at his bobtailed backside, he had recovered rather quickly. Good, didn't need her stupid mistake to cause the guy to lose his tongue. She gave him an embarrassed smile, an unspoken sorry about that mate before she thought of the place she just recently joined. What could she tell him about it, now that was a question.

"Well they are a very loyal bunch, prove yerself and yer as good as family to them." That was the thing wasn't it, gotta show your trustworthy and all that shit. "Ya don't have to have the same beliefs, and everyone'sgot their own skills. As long as ya pull yer weight, show yer loyal an' happy to help the pack as a whole.. yer golden." What was she talking about, well l, it was true but where did this side of her come from?

When he asked if it was her pack she nodded, "Yep, its where I live now.." The calico woman smiled, tilting her head in question yo what he thought of all the things she said. "Oh, and they have a coupla kiddies running around too.." as if that mattered, maybe it did?

the staff team luvs u
09-10-2022, 12:04 AM
@Soledad seemed to tick off all the right things to say. He gave a thoughtful hum, considering his options. "I've no reason to hurt or harm anyone, regardless of their beliefs" And "long as they don't rightly hurt anyone for the thrill of it." He had to get that point across. They could be loyal and family to themselves but they could hurt others. Well, he'd find out soon enough.

He nodded to her at her addition. "Whelps are fine with me" Torben replied honestly "they're quite free to crawl all over me - parents permission, o' course" He'd take special care not to squish the little tykes; he hated hurting anyone, especially women and kids "m' a defender, not a violent sort. Can hunt and patrol as needed." He told Soledad in case she was curious about his skills.

He could also read the stars and tell stories, but that was a more niche sort of skill for packs.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
09-10-2022, 12:55 AM
-

Harm others for the thrill of it, oh hell no, not even she would do that. Her nose wrinkled at just the thought of such a thing, that reminded her too much of a pack in her home realm. They were evil creatures, at least what she had heard of them that was. And then there was the problem of how she even came to this world, she was pretty sure she was poisoned at a banquet that invited others out of diplomacy. Gah, she hated people like that so it was good that this guy was not one of them. A thoughtful expression came into her features as she nodded to him, sounded good to her.

He seemed like an all around good kind of guy. By his own admissions he was good with kids, he could fight, and could help with hunting to feed the place as it grew. "Sounds great to me, wanna head there now?" She smiled genuinely up at the man, tilting her head slightly before remembering one last thing. "It's called the Duskgaurd."

the staff team luvs u
09-10-2022, 01:03 AM
"Aye."

Torben nodded a confirmation. Duskguard. Sounded acceptable enough, even in name. The dusk's guard. A bit of light in the shadows of coming darkness. He angled his body and stretched quietly, having stood too long. He was ready to go.

"Lead the way, @Soledad " he would add to her, preparing to leave the vicinity of the Tundra and to the pack itself "I'll meet yer leader" Or leaders, he was not sure if two would see to his joining or not "I'll keep up."

If he failed now, it'd be a piss poor first impression.

/exit with soledad

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top