Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Sometimes I blink and realise I'm in an entirely different dimension

Late Evening Sunny/Clear
AW
Ecologist
09-07-2022, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2022, 06:51 AM by Nexus Vulpus. Edited 1 time in total.)
Really really forward-dated / Spiritual awakening thread lets go!! / @Lunaria or @Caligo may be interested?

She'd never felt lonely before.

She'd never been cold before.

But for some reason, when she looked up at the stars, Nexus realised that she wasn't alone.
It felt . . . Comfortable. It felt safe. Nexus wanted other people to be able to feel like this. To feel like they belonged. To be able to call themselves stargazers.
To feel . . . Beautiful. Joyous, even. 

Nexus smiled, before sending up a howl to whoever may be listening. A song of the skies, and stars, and clouds, and moon. All of it. Storm-blue eyes squinting, Nexus sang a call. A call to whoever would listen. Come to me, fellow stargazers.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
Adventurer
09-10-2022, 05:33 AM
A snowy wolf laid against the black cliffs of the Bay. His golden eyes were closed in the beginning of sleep. As he called for it desperately, it refused to come.
Still in his turmoil, something else was brought forth.

A song

His eyes fluttered open at the sound. He found himself brought to his feet. The call sang to him, sung of the skies, and everything beyond. It demanded him to bring his gaze upwards, and he eagerly complied. He joined in as he searched the night, his howl ripping through the air to intertwine with the call until it became one.
But he ached for more, he knew it wasn't just a song; it was a summons. And he knew from whom it came.
Nexus
His feet tore across the earth, leading him towards the voice. Unable to stop until he reached her

the staff team luvs u
[Image: rain-gif.gif]
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
Visionary
09-10-2022, 05:44 AM
bro guess who came back to WCO

Her call, it was heard, and by someone she well and truly knew. It seemed the stars had aligned on this quite fateful night, for the song that intertwined hers was recognisable; Caligo. The woman felt flooded at his scent, and she turned to see him coming towards her.

“Caligo . . .” Nexus breathed, starry-eyed as she took a single step forwards. She wanted to envelope everything that was him, and a smile grew on her face as he approached.

He was here... he was here for her. The pale man surely made no effort to conceal his thunderous steps, and Nexus chuckled at the sight of him. “Caligo!” The woman called, though she stood in place, awaiting him.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
09-11-2022, 02:21 AM
Dude, I've been saying I would go back since August, hasn't happened yet lol . Also sorry for the short posts, I seem to be writing a lot of running lately

All signs of fatigue left his body at the sound of his name from the woman's mouth. The man found himself always missing the woman, no matter how long they were apart. His speed doubled as he pushed forward towards her. “Nexus!” See, I'm here. I answered your call

As soon as he reached her, he would move to press his pelt against hers with his head on her shoulders. To envelope her in the closest thing he could manage to a hug. He would bury his muzzle in her stormy fur, wanting to be close to her, to breathe in her familiar scent.
Shit He shouldn't have done that.
“I didn't mean too... I'm sorry” He apologized, taking a step backward. Skin flushed under his white fur.

the staff team luvs u
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
Formation
09-11-2022, 09:01 AM
No worries! Nexus x Caligo action???2_face_eyes

The way Caligo pushed forwards, putting all his effort into being with her again.. Well, it made Nexus's heart flutter. It made her feel dizzy and yet so, so fucking happy all at the same time. Had she ever felt this way before? Nexus wasn't sure.

And then, even better, he hugged her. And then he apologised! What! How could Nexus turn down such a gentleman?? Nexus shook her head, a breathless smile working its way up her features. “Caligo . . . It's okay,” She hummed, before stepping forwards to repeat a similar action. “I missed you. I'm glad that . . . that we're together again.”

Maybe, if they were lucky, the could get a whole crew to be able to stick together with. Would Caligo like that? Would he even join? Nexus really hoped so. He could be her second in command!

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
09-12-2022, 12:03 AM
He was ecstatic. Not only didn't she mind his touch, she repeated the action. Which caught the man heavily off guard, he felt his breath hitch in his throat before he spoke. God he was a mess
“I missed you too. Like... A lot” He told her honestly. His face was still very heated, and he just hoped she wouldn't notice.

His attachment to the woman frightened him slightly, in just how eerily familiar it was. Some part of him knew He'd been here before, just not where. But even his fear, nor the taunting memories of his previous life mattered. The only time he felt completely okay was when he was with her. When she was gone he missed her, missed everything about her. From her starry eyes, her stormy fur, to her voice. She was perfect, and it didn't take him long to realize that.

“Nexus” He breathed, taking a step back from her. His eyes flickered towards the dark horizon, taking the stars as comfort. He knew he needed to speak, he just had to formulate how.
“I.. I don't want to leave your side again. I want to stay with you, I want to be with you” Caligo said finally, meeting her blue eyes

the staff team luvs u
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
09-12-2022, 12:15 AM

“I missed you too. Like... A lot” Caligo's words wormed their way into her head, and Nexus felt her legs almost falter. Her throat seemed to close for a moment, and all she could do was look up to the pale man, a slow nod being the only thing she could communicate.

As he breathed her name, the woman felt the fur on the back of her neck go hot; “Nexus, I.. I don't want to leave your side again. I want to stay with you, I want to be with you.” Caligo spoke as he stepped away, and the stormy woman felt herself longing for his touch once more. “Caligo, I...” What could she say? Nexus had never done this before.

“I love you.”

Three words. That was all she could say, and yet, it felt like enough. At least, for Nexus, anyway.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
09-12-2022, 03:18 AM
The short time it took her to answer felt like forever. in those seconds his eyes left hers, as he began to regret saying what he did, he wished he could take it back. But suddenly, he didn't. "I love you" She told him. He had to have heard wrong, she couldn't have really said that. But one look into the blue stars of her eyes confirmed it. He drew in a raggedy breath, his heart pounding in his ears. Fuck, say something

“I love you too” Caligo answered finally. As he said it he realized how true it was. He loved the woman with every fibre of his being, even so admitting it made the blood rush to his head. He stood there wordless trying to calm his heart-rate. What happens now? The tundra wolf had no clue. Though eventually he had an idea of what he could do.

He'd move away from Nexus, making it clear he wanted her to follow. The white wolf led her towards the edge of the cliffs. The sounds of the waterfalls drummed from below, but that wasn't what held his attention. His eyes of pure gold focused on the woman of blue. He'd lay down near the edge, warm eyes still on the woman. He beckoned her to lay with him, if she did only then would his eyes move on. Moving on to the sky. Awe filling him at the sight of the galaxies that filled it.

the staff team luvs u
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
Formation
Ecologist
09-12-2022, 03:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 03:45 AM by Nexus Vulpus. Edited 1 time in total.)

She was so ready for rejection. So ready for the pale man before her to say something along the lines of "Sorry, but I only see you as a friend," but no. He said something so, so much different. Something that Nexus hadn't even thought to be a part of his vocabulary... and yet... he said it. “I love you, too,”

And then, he moved away? Seemingly running off, Nexus was quick to follow. Don't leave me, her brain racked, face feeling hot as small pants left her maw. Until, they broke through the tree-line, and the stormy woman found Caligo, lying on the cliff, looking up at the stars. You're just like me... She wanted to breathe, but no, instead her paws brought her next to the man, eyes meeting once more, before his gaze turned to look at the stars.

Perhaps now would be a good time to ask about that little group she'd been thinking about forming... “Caligo..?” She murmured quietly, almost uncertain. Nexus wouldn't be able to handle a rejection when it came to something that she really thought could work... Please say yes, please say yes, “I had this little group in mind... and I thought I could tell you about it? And you could join... if you want?”

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
09-12-2022, 04:21 AM
"Caligo?' He turned his attention back to her as she spoke. “I had this little group in mind... and I thought I could tell you about it? And you could join... if you want?”. He noticed the uncertainty in her tone, and couldn't blame her, he was guilty of the same thing. Still he wanted to diminish it the best he could.
“Of course I want to” He smiled, “Tell me all about it” He urged. Caligo had meant what he said about not leaving her, and he intended to do everything in his power to stick to it.

The man contemplated moving more towards her. He wanted to be closer, to feel her fur mix with his, to feel the heat rising of her body. But he didn't, staying still instead. He'd been lucky so far, and didn't want to push it. It felt to him that one wrong move could make her take it all back, and he didn't want to feel that pain. No matter how unrealistic it was.

the staff team luvs u
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
Formation
09-12-2022, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 04:43 AM by Nexus Vulpus.)

Nexus smiled at how ready Caligo was to hear about the concept; the way he urged her to continue speaking... well, it certainly made her feel special. “Of course I want to. Tell me all about it.” And so, she would. The woman had always been a fan of compliance, especially when it came to something she was passionate about.

“Well, it'd be a group of people, like you and me–” accept, not like them, because what they had was so much more than that. “–And basically we just... look out for one another? It was more complicated in my head, but, it's like... one of those travelling groups, you know? And we stargaze... and it's just... happy times.”

Looking over to Caligo, Nexus would shuffle over, aiming to lean her head against his paws, before rolling onto her back so her nose was facing the bottom of his jaw. A playful smile climbing up her features, she'd reach a paw to try and tickle the man's neck. “So...” She prompted. “Whad'ya think?”

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
09-12-2022, 05:21 AM
He listened intensely to her words. Though he would do whatever, go wherever, she asked him to. The idea sounded like heaven to Caligo, to be able to share the wonders this place had to offer with people who shared his same ideals. He couldn't imagine anything better, especially if Nexus was one of those wolves.

“Honestly?” He looked down as her head lay on his paws, the underside of her jaw exposed to him. A smile broke across his face at the sight of her expression, as well as the slight tickling sensation at his throat. “I think it's perfect, and I'd be honored to be a part of it”

“Have you come up with a name yet?”

the staff team luvs u
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
09-12-2022, 06:06 AM

“Honestly?” Yes, please! Nexus wanted to hear Caligo’s actual, honest opinion, for sure! The woman nodded, and a moment later Caligo continued.

“I think it's perfect, and I'd be honored to be a part of it. Have you come up with a name yet?” With a hum, the stormy lady hummed. Hmmmm… What would be a cool name? Suddenly, one popped into her head;

“Something cool, like…” She began slowly trying to gauge Caligo’s reaction. That of Stars? That sounds fancy, right?” Oh… she hoped so!

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
09-13-2022, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 04:22 AM by Caligo. Edited 1 time in total.)
“That of Stars? That sounds fancy, right?”. A chuckle escaped his lips before he answered.
“That it does, I like it” He assured her. A flicker of movement caught his eye as he spoke, he cast his gaze to the mirror like reflection in the water. After locating it's presence in the sky he saw the true beauty of the falling object, A shooting star.

“Nexus” Caligo whispered, signalling towards the meteor. “It seems I'm not the only one who approves of this. ” He jested, nudging her lightly with his shoulder.

the staff team luvs u
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
09-17-2022, 01:54 PM

Nexus let out a sigh of relief; he agreed, thank goodness, before her gaze was collected by a shooting star that Caligo had pointed out. “It seems I'm not the only one who approves of this.”

“I’m glad…” She smiled, trying to push herself further into Caligo’s fur. Quite the charmer, no? “I’ve put a lot of thought in to this, really, and I’d love for you to be my second-in-command. Would you, Caligo?”

While venturing apart would always hurt, recruiting members for their little group would be important, as well. Nexus hoped that her pale partner would be able to invest in the concept just as much as she had, though she couldn’t blame him if he wouldn’t.

It was all… new. For the both of them; at least, that was what Nexus thought.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
09-19-2022, 03:09 AM
She nuzzled closer to him, and he gladly accepted the contact. Though his heart beat so loudly in his chest, he was nearly certain she could hear it. This night was truly perfect. The cold brushed up under his fur, touching his skin, but he didn't mind. It was combated by the presence of the she-wolf next to him. More important still was the cloud of stars splashed across the night sky. The sight of them is what brought the two together after all, and they would paint their future, no matter what it would be. Their dazzling beauty was only rivaled by one thing, and she was here before him.

“I’ve put a lot of thought in to this, really, and I’d love for you to be my second-in-command. Would you, Caligo?”
He stayed quiet for a moment. Thinking about the proposition first. Are you sure you want me, not someone else? He was tempted to ask, but refrained. He had learned by now that she meant her words when she said them.
The real question was if he wanted it, and he did, at least he thought. But responsibilities would come with such a high rank, something he was never good at.

“I'm truly honoured” He answered finally. “And I accept. I'll be your second in command.”

the staff team luvs u
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
09-19-2022, 04:39 PM

It felt like the silence between them was about to stretch into Millenia, they’d grow old and their fur would be grey before Caligo coild just… give her an answer, but then… he did! And he said yes!

Or more specifically; “I'm truly honoured, And I accept. I'll be your second in command.” Her grin was wider than the planet at this point, and the woman aimed a playful kiss at Caligo’s jaw. “I’m glad, I don’t know how I’d be able to get this group of riff-raffs sorted without you.” It was true!

And as much as she wanted to just stay here, together, forever, Nexus knew that they had to get some sleep, so they could begin venturing in the morning. Rolling back on to her stomach, the storm-furred woman would curl herself against Caligo. “We should get some sleep,” She whispered into his ear, neck craned.

“Or, well, I don’t know. I’m getting sleep, but if you wanna stay up or something… We’ve got a long few days in the future, so… make sure to get your beauty sleep~” Her tone was teasing, though she quickly buried her muzzle in the pale mans fur. Her eyes were terribly sore… she was exhausted, and Nexus just wanted the sun to come up already.

potential fade!

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated.
09-19-2022, 11:29 PM
Last post

A smile broke across his face as she kissed his jaw. He had definitely grown weary from this whole affair, and was certain sleep would come much easier than it did earlier. She readjusted herself against him, and he, in turn would curl around her. Pressing against her midnight blue fur.

“I guess we should” He agreed, the pale wolf had definitely grown weary from this whole affair, and was certain sleep would come much easier than it did earlier. Especially with the comfort of sleeping next to Nexus. "-make sure to get your beauty sleep~” He chuckled.

“I'd say 'you too', but you don't really need it” Caligo complemented, resting his head on the woman. He closed his golden eyes as she nuzzled into his fur.

the staff team luvs u
“English” “French”
3-2-3 Rated
scroll to top