Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
I need you by my side

P
08-24-2022, 06:34 PM
He was still very agitated, angry and hurt from @Nyra leaving after they had gotten so close. He felt like an idiot and like he had been played and that was a feeling he absolutely despised. So, he had started heading upwards, into the plains with no real indication as to where he was going. Not that he really cared though. 

Once he reached a small patch of trees, he would find one that seemed large enough for what he wanted and lifted himself so that his front paws were on the trunk. With all of his might, be began to claw at the bark. He wasn't a cat, clearly, but he needed something physical to do to get his mind off of things.

He continued to claw and slap at the bark until his paws bled, his claws ripping pieces of bark from the tree as it fell next to him.

For @Uriel

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
Adventurer
08-26-2022, 02:33 AM
It had been a while since she saw some individuals. Specifically the horses though, it almost seemed that the plains were once more voided of their presence and it was both a relief and worry. She was uncomfortable by the leader of the herd, but the horses that she did know were relatively kind.. And Uriel lightly missed the few that were around and thought it was a shame of their departure, although assumed departure. As a wolf, many often came and went as they so pleased, and she wouldn't be surprised if other species were like that too.

Lightly did she look around the plains, wondering to see any of the familiar grazing horses, but all around were unfamiliar ones that harshly glared at her. Uriel knew she could not approach them.. But in the distance, a figure of white was upon a tree. Marking, bear-like, large as he was and it reminded her of someone.. "Satan?"

the staff team luvs u
08-26-2022, 03:32 AM
He was in his own world, not caring about the horses that roamed around this area, or the cats that he saw every now that then. Right now, he was only interested in himself and the tree. That is, until the sound of another approached. At first, he tensed, ready for a fight but it didn't take him long to recognize the voice. What was she doing here?

Pulling himself off of the tree, he would land with bloodied paws back onto the ground, turning to look at her. Sure enough, his ears hadn't deceived him. It was in fact Uriel. Any other day, he would have been delighted to see her, but today wasn't such day. With a nod he would speak up, his voice dry. "Yes. What are you doing here?" He wasn't trying to be rude, but he simply wasn't expecting to see her here.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
08-26-2022, 08:06 PM
"Oh, just.. Out and about." Not willing to admit she felt a bit lonely for a moment and seeking out some friends, that was rather embarrassing. However she did encounter someone familiar, and although his name held an oddity, Uriel found him an overall pleasant, and nice man. His words were rather curt however, and he looked absolutely frustrated as she gazed lightly at the tree that was covered in claw markings. Wolves often used them to relax their claws or tensions and she knew that well.

"Uhm.. You okay?" Something was wrong — and she was willing to listen if he wanted an ear or so, but also understood if not. To her, leaders always held a different way, that sometimes their emotions couldn't be easily revealed to pure loners and strangers. And she, was one of the many loners within the plains.

the staff team luvs u
08-26-2022, 08:32 PM
There were very few people that the albino brute felt comfortable around, less so after Nyra had walked out on him. But, regardless of what happened, Uriel was someone that, for a reason unknown to the pale king, he was comfortable around and felt like he could lower his guard for. And so, that's exactly what he did, his shoulders slumping as he sighed. Her words made him pause for a moment, unsure if he should say anything. After a few moments though, he would glance up at her, finally speaking slowly. 

"I told you before that I'm not a good man." He felt like he had to remind her of that before telling her his story. "There was a shewolf I had found, and I claimed her within my pack, giving her the lowest rank of Slave. However, it seemed like she quickly started to work with the pack, wanting to do better and soon she climbed up the ranks to warrior and then deputy, my second in command. She even started to turn affection towards me, and like the fool I am, I gave it back." He would let out an annoyed growl at himself as he shook his head, turning away from her as shame filling his body. 

"And she left without any words. I was an idiot to think that someone could actually love me." He hated feeling like this and stood up, shaking himself as he tried to shake away the stress. "Sorry for dumping all of that on you, it's not your job to deal with this." He placed his mask back on, shoulders firm as he stood tall, face neutral once again.

the staff team luvs u
09-02-2022, 09:41 PM
Uriel always felt strange when others trauma dumped, she did offer words and hopeful counsel, and yet many times the woman never really expected it to happen. Some part of her felt warmth to think others trusted her so, and yet worry when she couldn't provide the correct words to help. It made her think of the tiger, and whether something she said caused an issue, then attempt to help lightly.

To her as well, Satan was a confusing experience. Someone who called himself bad, and held the name that was an evil stigma, but..? He was nice to her. Except she looked a bit away, an obvious discomfort when he mentioned slave. Not something she was particularly expecting, and yet he always said he wasn't good.. Her stomach fluttered, an uncomfortable feeling as she continued to listen.

"It's ok.." it wasn't, she was lightly scared, but felt it was too late to back out and would be rather rude. Cruelty was said, but he provided nothing but pleasantry to her, that something felt like it was but a mandatory session to attend, "did you.. Go look for her?" Uriel asked with a light hesitance.

the staff team luvs u
09-04-2022, 07:04 PM
The man could tell instantly the moment he said the word slave that something changed in her, causing his face to fall slightly. Even as he finished what he had to say, he could tell she was scared of him. With a sigh, he would shake his head, standing up even as she asked him the question, he would ignore it, no emotions clear on his face. 

"I told you before this that I wasn't good, I don't know why you're surprised. I clearly make you uncomfortable." With that, he would turn to leave, glancing over his shoulder as he did so. "I won't bother you again, you're too good to be associated with the likes of someone like me." And with that, unless she called out for him, he would walk away, heading back home. This was a stupid idea to come up here and he figured he might as well go back to where he knew he was welcome.

the staff team luvs u
09-05-2022, 03:49 AM
Uriel fell silent, it was not something she could openly admit, but there was hesitance and fear from what he said. She did at firstly, judge him for his name.. But head proven to be so kind that she overlooked such a way, and yet? The mentions of slaves and the name of Warcrest brought out that new disarray that was uncomfortable.

In truth, she was a coward. She could not call him out. She always knew she was one, as much as her heart and soul desired to apologize and call him back, for she enjoyed the friendship that was made — she was scared.

And watched him leave, a saddened expression to follow.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top