Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
ecstasy, coke? you say it's love, but it's poison

Early Morning Overcast
AW
03-19-2021, 03:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 12:06 AM by Grayday. Edited 2 times in total.)
The questions he had were not easy ones to answer. Grayday needed time to think, and so he parted with Meadow with some reluctance and some relief to roam this strange tundra on his own. Of course, being so alone could only make a man such as himself want for company. At times he ached with it so fiercely that he opened his mouth to speak the names of his most beloved,

but nothing ever came out.

Shale, he knew. Pema was a vague sound-and-color memory. Now he had Meadow, and she was blood, but she was not what he was missing. He wondered, almost, if it would be worth it at all to seek her out once more.

It was a worry for another day. For now, he came to a halt not far from the icy shore, marveling at the massive creature apparently sunbathing upon the shore. Grayday had never seen anything like it, but he knew what it was from stories told to him by. . . by someone. His wife, he thought.

"Kasatka," he said aloud, and crept a little closer to the beached killer whale.

the staff team luvs u
I died happy in my sleep, my children around, and you looking down —
Content Warning
04-04-2021, 07:47 PM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • she monch
^^
Thalia knew a free meal when she saw it. From where the male had approached unbeknownst to the feeding female who feasted on the fatty blubber of the whale, carving into it with no remorse for its situation, she would have her fill before the thing went bad and left for other polar creatures to feed on. Muzzle bloodied, she dug deeper and deeper into the beached whale, not knowing or caring should the thing still be clinging to life. There was no way it would survive much longer on shore, after all, so she may enjoy the fresh meat while she could.

Then a voice caught her attention. Spoken loudly enough to catch her ears even through the sound of her teeth ripping into blubber. Someone was approaching... and she would stop filling her gut just to climb atop the creature and growl a threat from the approaching stranger to her claim. This was her meal, even if it was more than enough to feed two wolves before rotting - she would not share should he have a pack to come and chase her off and away before she was damn well ready to.

Autumn tail lashing with furious hackles raised, she stared daggers at the man, completely fearless and feeling powerful with a full belly. She was almost demanding him to bring it on.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-05-2021, 08:03 PM
Grayday stepped back, startled. He was not sure how he'd managed to overlook the scent of another wolf. But this one was surely territorial, and he had no reason to bother her when it was clear she meant to send him on his way.

The male swung around and headed further down the coast, one ear cocked back toward the blurry red shape he'd left behind. He wished he'd been able to get a better look at the whale he'd discovered, but it seemed that was not in the cards for him today.

Disappointed, Grayday continued his lonely search.

the staff team luvs u
I died happy in my sleep, my children around, and you looking down —
04-05-2021, 08:08 PM
^^
She was ready for him to talk back, to fight her on her claim. She was here first, this was her meal and she would fight him tooth and nail for it if she had to. Instead, he said nothing. Did nothing, and just moved on. That's right, she thought as the woman's ice fire glare followed him as he wandered away. With a snort, she would remain seated at the top of her carcass throne, waiting until he was out of sight before continuing on greedily filling her gut before others would come by... others less placid.
^^
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top