Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
They're gonna Clean Up your Looks

Morning Sunny/Clear 96° F
AW
Adventurer
Warcrest
Hunter
07-14-2022, 01:51 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 10:40 PM by Mahogany. Edited 1 time in total.)
looking to spar!! Want my chaotic girlie getting some scratches

Blink once, blink twice, blink once, blink- WHAT THE FUCK-?!

With a gasp, the deep-red hued woman gazed around the oasis where she was seemingly summoned. The sky blue and bright, and the call of vultures not too far off; How long had it been since she'd last eaten? Would the vultures swoop down and gobble her up? Hah! They could try!
 Shaking her head and clearing her thoughts, the woman made her way over to the oasis, dipping her head to take a few gulps of the water.

So.. she was in a desert. Nowhere near where she was a few moments again, with her family during her favourite event in the entire year, but NOW she was in the middle of nowhere! GREAT! THANKS, stupid ancestors! 

This was probably all some big joke, popa and moma probably just wanted to be a part of the family again now that they were super dead and were watching over her, like all their other grandpups.
 But SERIOUSLY?! Now this was way too far!

Letting out a frustrated growl as she raised her head from the water, Mahogany brought her fiery eyes around the sand-dunes, a small jerboa catching her attention. Ooooh, something to eat!

Dropping into a crouch that needed some practice, the woman stalked forwards, a jesterly-grin plastered on her muzzle as she furrowed her brows triumphantly. This little rodent was going down.

Pouncing from her spot on the sand, she almost lost the meal for a second, though quickly found it and snapped it up in her sharp jaws before it could burrow itself under the sand.
 It was a measly snack, but anything is better than nothing, and she had some water nearby.

All set for a nice nap, ey? At least now she didn’t have to worry about being pranked shitless!

Returning to the oasis, Mahogany threw herself onto the waterbank, rolling across the dunes and landing with her tail dipped in the water. Ah, that was nice.. But she couldn’t just lay here defenceless! 
 The woman began to meticulously groom her claws, gazing around with a triumphant glint in her eyes.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated

Mahogany is an asshole Power-Playing her is A-OK if she's just said something asshole-ish and is pissing your character off! <3
OOC ≠ IC
Trans MTF, appears Male
07-14-2022, 05:23 AM
*steals*

Nyra wandered from Warcrest today.
Not as far as she's been going within the past month or however long, but not in the immediate area of the Eye's territory either. 

She saw the yearling girl as the giant was approaching from the northeast, and watched with scrutiny as the girl caught a rodent and ate it before flopping against the sand and cleaning her paws. 

The Warqueen continued prowling closer, not bothering to try and hide her presence, though the sand made her stalk much quieter than she'd be otherwise given her towering size. 
She stopped maybe a good three or four feet behind the red girl, and watched. Stared, even. 

She was vaguely interested in seeing if the yearling girl would startle or not at the seemingly sudden arrival of, well..
a potential threat.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
Paladin
07-14-2022, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 10:37 PM by Mahogany. Edited 1 time in total.)
omg ty for the stardust <33

Just as she begun to finish with her claws, the fur on her shoulders began to rise, and she couldn’t help but feel like she was being stared at.
 Another snack, maybe?

Oooh, she could eat another one of those little desert-rodents, but as she lifted her head and turned her gaze, the massive fucking beast came into view.

Well shit.

A towering, white-as-clouds lady, prowling closer and closer. Tryna get the best of her, huh?!
 Instantly offended, Mahogany jumped up from her spot, letting a snarl slip from her maw.

“Who the fuck are you?!” The woman growled defensively, hackles raising. “You tryna get the better of me?! Well, hah! You can’t!!”

With a triumphant grin, Mahogany lashed out with her claws, aiming for the womans neck.
  If she succeeded, she’d dart past the stranger, and attempt to bite into her thigh.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated

Mahogany is an asshole Power-Playing her is A-OK if she's just said something asshole-ish and is pissing your character off! <3
OOC ≠ IC
Trans MTF, appears Male
Paladin
07-14-2022, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 06:02 AM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
note for CMs - points toward Warrior on all posts labeled Paladin on my end! To FlowerBoy - you're welcome!

Nyra watched the girl whirl and snarl with an impassive, bored expression on her face. 
And then, the girl made her first mistake.
Attacking. 

Nyra dodged the claw slash with a leap backwards, and twirled swiftly on her paws in an effort to buffet the stupid girl in the side of the muzzle/face with her hip in a forceful body slam as the yearling tried coming for her thigh.

She'd then whip around the opposite direction and snap well-practiced fangs for Mahogany's face, bloodlust in her hellfire-gold hues as teeth came for flesh in merciless fashion.
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
07-14-2022, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2022, 01:07 AM by Mahogany. Edited 2 times in total.)

Shit, she was skilled.

Wincing as the woman ripped a good chunk of fur and skin out, though she managed to quickly pull herself back before she could be knocked into the sand by a white, ferocious hip.

This’d definitely be more of a challenge then fighting her pawlings or cousins, but hey, who didn’t like a bit of a spar? This one was way less friendly, though.

With a furious determination, Mahogany would attempt to be faster, hoping to confuse the woman in an epic cloud of sand before knocking at her back paw. If that didn’t work.. well.. she still had fight in her, no?
 She was the best-est ever Even if this idiot couldn’t see it Haha!

If it was her Popa and Moma that brought her here, well, she’d impress the shit out of them, obviously! They were dead loooong before she was born, but they probably thought she was so cool. 

With a fiery hiss, the woman would aim snapping jaws to wherever she could reach. Please reach please reach come ON Popa and Moma would be so ashamed.. UGH

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated

OOC ≠ IC
Trans MTF, appears Male
Paladin
07-14-2022, 07:58 AM
Nyra connected with teeth and tore fur and flesh alike. 

Then the girl tried to send a cloud of sand her way, but Nyra practically blew through it with her mass and sent a harsh kick for the yearlings face as she tried to go for a hind paw.

Nyra then whirled again for the girl, light even on such massive paws, and aimed to slash into the child's cheek with her teeth as the brazen girl attempted to connect with her teeth as well. 
The Warqueen ducked her head just in time, to rattle this dipshit's brain with a headbutt straight to the nose.

Nyra was hard headed, after all, in more than one way.
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
Paladin
07-14-2022, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 10:37 PM by Mahogany. Edited 1 time in total.)
omg my poor girlie getting so beaten ;;

Fuck fuck fuck!!! Mahogany stumbled back as the titan had slammed her head into the smaller womans nose. Ouch, that’d leave a mark.

Though, she stood her ground, glaring at the woman with a defiant look in her eyes. Why was she still trying? She was an idiot, that was why. 
 No noble reason, no “spiritual” meaning, she was just a fucking dunce. Done and dusted.

So, she kept fighting, kept going, even if it’d get her killed or kidnapped, she’d only scarcely realised this was a pack wolf. Yuck. 

Then again, she’d been in a pack before, not to say she liked it. They’d kept her alive, so.. she stayed. 
 Perhaps loyalty shouldn’t be based on something as simple as safety.. hm.

Shoulders heaving as the woman panted, Mahogany aimed another lash, this time going straight for the neck, anything that would do any sort of damage. This had to hit, or else it’d be game over.

Fuck. What would she do if she ended up dying? Funny, come into the world just to be pulled right back out, but that couldn’t be all, could it?

With a sudden flicker of a mix of rage and hope, Mahogany felt her instincts flare the fuck up. 

With a jolt, she attempted to shoot herself between the other womans legs, ducking low before throwing herself upwards in one quick motion in hopes that it would at least knock her off her feet. 

“Just get on the fucking ground already-“ Mahogany snarled quietly. “Moma and Popa didn’t summon me here just so I could fucking die!” 

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated

OOC ≠ IC
Trans MTF, appears Male
07-14-2022, 11:45 AM
Feel free to skip unless interacted with. He's just watching intensely

The brute heard the fighting during his daily walk to the Oasis, something he did often to relax himself. The sun was high in the sky this morning and he had already covered himself in blood of his recent kill from the night before, keeping his albino pelt hidden from the sun. Hearing the fighting though, he moved through the land, catching the scent of Nyra. He didn't bother to speed up though, as he had full faith that, if it turned out to be a deadly fight, she could handle herself. 

As he approached, he watched them both with red eyes, narrowing slightly. The newcomer was decent in their fighting, though it looked like Nyra had the upper hand. However, Satan wasn't about to step in, letting Nyra choose the fate of the new wolf. She could fight until only one still took breath, or she could offer a position in Warcrest, both of which Satan was entirely okay with.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
Paladin
07-15-2022, 05:57 AM
lmao

Nyra watched the girl, gaze still impassive and bored, as the yearling glared and heaved.

The slash grazed through fur, and the Warqueen let out a crude, sharp laugh as the stupid child tried to go under her. 

Instead of being taken off her feet though, the white giant simply flopped her entire 200-if-not-nearly-200-pound mass downward onto the, comparitively scrawny, girl in an effort to pin and restrain her.
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
07-15-2022, 06:24 AM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Lots of Cussing lmao

SHIT!!

Basically pulverised by this hulking beast of a wolf, Mahogany let out a wheeze that had a few — considerably worrying — flecks of red throughout. With another fighting attempt, the woman aimed to smash her hips wherever she could.

“GET THE FUCK OFF ME, FATASS!” She screamed, rage edging her tongue. “FUCKING HELL!”

Scrambling to get out of this fucking horrid situation, Mahogany tried to bring her back legs against the sand. With all her might, she attempted to get out from under the white beast, clenching her teeth as she did so.
 Let. Me. Out.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated

OOC ≠ IC
Trans MTF, appears Male
07-15-2022, 07:02 PM
Nyra successfully caged the girl down, and as the yearling thrashed, the Warqueen added a little more weight with a warning rumble.
"Calm yourself, and I'll think about it." She answered with cooled tones. 

Until the child decided to listen, Nyra would gradually apply pressure until she was literally forcing the girl to become one with the ground.
the staff team luvs u
07-15-2022, 10:41 PM

Shit, she'd have to be smart about this.
 Which wasn't something she did often.

Either, she keeps fighting, gets killed, and that's it.. Oorrrr, she can do what they ask and scram. It's not the most noble to go out, but it'd better than being squashed into the sand, if you asked Mahogany.

With a grumble, she trie two get a view of the white woman. "Fine," She hissed, "But don't bet your ass that I'll be all submissive and Whine-y"

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated

OOC ≠ IC
Trans MTF, appears Male
07-16-2022, 12:26 AM
Nyra grunted dismisssively as the child snarled something akin to an agreeance with her terms.
With that, the Warqueen would rise and step off of the yearling, body and senses alike still tense and more than prepared for the youth to try her luck a second time.
the staff team luvs u
07-16-2022, 12:31 AM
Now that that was all over and done with, the blood covered man would walk forward, letting out a growl to announce himself as he hadn't done so before hand. He would nod in approval to Nyra before turning to the other woman, watching her for a moment with narrowed eyes. "What brings you to the barren wastelands of the desert?" He would hold off on introductions for now, waiting to see if she would try to run or not. His own body was loose and calm, having full faith in Nyra to stop her should the girl be foolish enough to try anything.

the staff team luvs u
07-16-2022, 01:10 AM

Releasing a breath she hadn't been conscious of holding as the larger woman lifted herself from atop of the yearling, Mahogany sat up with a grunt, nudging a single paw to her cheek where the white stranger had tore out a chunk of fur. Fuckin' hell.

Ears perking as a growl sounded from nearby, Mahogany swivelled her head, getting a view of the also white man, who wore a cloak of blood that matched the hue of his eyes. 
 The russet girl let out her own warning signal, nose wrinkling in aggression that – unfortunately – wouldn't be acted upon. 

"I 'woke here, why the fuck would I want to come to this wretched place?"

Sending one small glance back towards the woman before, Mahogany held off on introductions. She wasn't all too keen on getting friendly with - one, her attacker, and two - someone who'd sat by while she was almost pulverised.
 Not to say she wouldn't do the same, it's just that she wouldn't expect the victim – yuck – to want to get all social after such an event.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated

OOC ≠ IC
Trans MTF, appears Male
07-16-2022, 03:12 AM
Nyra chuckled softly at the youth's irritation.
"She's butthurt because I got the best of her" She smiled, in the way one smiles at a toddler that's trying super hard to do something super duper impressive - like it was cute. 

The Warcrest Deputy glanced at Satan sidelong before returning her gaze to Mahogany with an amused but otherwise impassive air.
the staff team luvs u
07-18-2022, 05:20 AM
The man would flash a snarl of warning as she spoke up, clearly not knowing when to hold her tongue. "I would suggest you watch yourself little girl. I am the king of Warcrest, the pack that claims the desert. If you can't even hold your own against her, I'd watch yourself around me." He would huff as he rolled his eyes, glancing over at Nyra. It was clear he was already annoyed by this child. 

Turning his attention back to the girl, he would huff slightly. "Since you clearly don't like this place, and can't hold your own against the inhabitants, I certainly don't think that you'll make your way out of the desert. At least not in one piece." With that, he would chuckle and stand up, moving towards Nyra as he spoke to her. "Should we send out a scout later to find her body?" He enjoyed the mind games that he played, though he was curious to see if the girl would do as expected and run off in a huff, or surprise him.

the staff team luvs u
07-18-2022, 05:43 AM

Oh ho ho, two could play at that game. She probably could of held her own if this man – so called "king of the desert" – hadn't came and interrupted, so at his warning snarl, she furrowed her brows back and wrinkled her nose.
 Sure, perhaps she was but a yearling, but that didn't mean she wasn't trained. She had gone through torment and picking-on from her littermates, she could surely hold her own.

So, when the stranger threatened her life, all Mahogany did was sit and claw the sand. This man was large, strong, and it was easy to see he had a lust for blood; he was more used to the desert than she was, but surely the russet-furred woman could defend herself, at least partially? 

She wasn't scrawny, that was for sure. If anything, she was quite proud of her build, though it was more muscle-than-mass compared to these white pack-wolves in front of her.

"Just 'cos I said it was a shithole doesn't mean it's not a challenge to overcome,-" For once, she held her tongue, resisting the urge to say 'fuckwit' at the end of her statement. "I'm not no weak-willed pussy."

A small, short growl laced her tongue towards the end of her sentence. She was frustrated, but not necessarily with either of these wolves. With her siblings, actually; they thought she was weak, they thought she was an insect. 
 But did Mahogany care? No, not at all, but she hated to be reminded of it.

A little long oops

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated

OOC ≠ IC
Trans MTF, appears Male
07-25-2022, 03:32 PM
Nyra chuckled softly as Satan spoke about sending a scout later to find the yearling's corpse. 
"If the vultures don't find her first." She purred in response. 
The child was quick to defend herself verbally, clawing at the sand and saying she wasn't no weak-willed pussy
"We'll see about that soon enough." Nyra rumbled, glancing back at Satan to ask: "So, what do we do with her now?" 
the staff team luvs u
08-02-2022, 11:11 PM
The man offered her a smirk, one that seemed to light up his red eyes with nothing but evil intentions. As she spoke, he would chuckle and shrug, glancing over at her. "Then be my guest and overcome it. Meet the challenges of the desert head on and if you make it past my scouts and slavers, than head straight for the other packs that are worse if not the same as mine. I can't wait to see who claims your body first." He would turn to leave, speaking over his shoulders slightly. "Or, if you wish to have a stable home with a chance to grow and learn, you know where to find us." Well, she didn't really, but that could be her new challenge. 

He would glance over at Nyra, shrugging slightly. "If she makes her way out of the desert, send scouts to demonia to tell them to watch out for her. I believe Reign would love to catch a new pet to play with." He was offering the young girl a home that she could learn in, but if she chose to ignore that, he would certainly make sure her life from then on was living hell one way or another.

the staff team luvs u
08-03-2022, 12:38 AM

“Oh I will, She snarled, “As if I know where to find you,” Well, she probably could if she wanted to. With the albino man covered in blood, he'd probably stink up the place. It'd be easy to track, surely, with the metallic scent and droplet-trail.
 “With your blanket o' blood I could probably find you in no time.” Shit, shouldn't of said that. Mahogany flicked her tail as the man began to turn to walk away. She blinked deep-ruby eyes at him before standing and getting ready to take a few more gulps of the water.
 Challenge accepted, you little bitch.

fade?

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated

OOC ≠ IC
Trans MTF, appears Male
scroll to top