Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
The Empire Calls

Morning
AW
04-27-2022, 04:29 PM
Here I am @Reign

Sati padded along, searching for her littermate and partner in crime. She reached a little lake, with a variety of scents flooding her nose. 

As she padded farther along, she got another scent. Wary but relieved, Sati continued walking, but in a different direction - towards the scent. She approached calmly, in case it wasn't her sister. But it was. 

"Sister! I have found you at last! How has my partner in crime been doing?"
the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-27-2022, 09:11 PM
Reign had decided that she and Aerys would stay close to the lake until she could find a more permanent location to call home. The ladies had been around the lake for at least a few days now and Reign was growing restless, She wanted to train and spar as she was used to. But She didn't think Aerys would be worth the effort to spar with. She needed someone else, Someone superior. And just like that Memories of her family began to dance within her head, their faces and names, the spars, the story nights. She wondered what they were all up to, especially the siblings she hadn't seen since she and Nem had left. Sati and Mentu, the first and Second born littermates. 

She remembered that they were almost identical to her parents, if Sati hadn't gotten their moms eye color she be identical to their father, and if Mentu hadn't gotten any of their father's eye colors he'd be identical to their mother, whereas the rest of her siblings were a mix of their parents. She'd was so deep in the remining of her family she hadn't even noticed the woman approaching her until her voice rang out. 

"Sister! I have found you at last! How has my partner in crime been doing?"

Purple eyes blinked in confusion, the voice sounded like her sister. But that couldn't be right?

She turned her head in the direction of the voice and was immediately shocked and happy. There stood Sati, in all her stark white glory, those red and blue eyes staring back at her. Reign offered her sister a smirk before she stepped closer. "Sati, how wonderful it is to see you again! It's been some time hasent it?"
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Warning: Reign is prone to random Fits of Rage and Violence. 
*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
04-27-2022, 10:21 PM
Hope it's okay if I bring Aerys in!

"Sati, how wonderful it is to see you again! It's been some time hasn't it?" 

Her sister spoke, now noticing that Sati was here. "Yes, yes it has been!" She spoke with eagerness, happy to be with her littermate again. 

She then noticed the other lady with Reign, white and grey. "And who is this, bearing your mark?" She chuckled darkly, knowing it was most likely another "slave" of Reign's.
the staff team luvs u
04-28-2022, 02:40 AM
The woman hadn't spoken a word since she was taken, though her wound was healing nicely. That wasn't the reason she didn't speak though, as fear had scared the girl mute. So, she followed behind Reign, eyes never leaving the ground. Even as Reign walked in front of her, she made no move to leave and instead followed in her tracks. There had been a few times that the woman had been left alone or a decent ways away from Reign, but she still didn't run, not really having anywhere to go. 

However, the sound of another seemed to pull her out of her own thoughts and she looked up, a soft squeak escaping her as she noticed that she was the center of the conversation right now. Backing away, she would lower herself to the ground, glancing over at Reign with wide eyes. She didn't like being talked about and hated being scrutinized even more.

the staff team luvs u

Note
Aerys has a large scar on her right cheek
04-28-2022, 02:54 AM
"Yes, yes it has been!"

“Where have your travels taken you? You seen anyone else since we left?” She studied her sister. She hadn’t seen her in so long, she wondered if sati had changed much at all over the years.

“I was With Nemesis the whole time, we Found Akhen and To-Meri not long before I just awoke here… Alone” she paused a little. Her heart clenched. She missed her brother. He was her other half. The yang to her Ying.

"And who is this, bearing your mark?"

Reign smirked proudly at the mention of her little cloud. She turned her attention to the quiet girl cowering to the ground. “That is MY little cloud, Aerys” she spoke with a bit of possessiveness.

She took a step toward Aerys. “Stand up straight Little Cloud. Let my dear sister take a good look at you. And you may speak if she talks to you. You don’t have to hold back. My sister is well aware of my…. Ways. Isn’t that right Sati?” She turn her attention back to her sister. An amused twinkle in her eyes now.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
04-28-2022, 10:44 AM
“Where have your travels taken you? You seen anyone else since we left?”

"No, sadly. I have not really seen anyone since I awoke here too. I washed up on the ocean's beach, and have been traveling for some time now.

It was sad, though. Not finding anyone she could claim as Reign has done. Eh. Sati knew she would, sometime in the future. 

“I was With Nemesis the whole time, we Found Akhen and To-Meri not long before I just awoke here… Alone.” 

Nemesis, huh? And they found Akhen and To-Meri? "How were they? Did they look healthy?" 

“That is MY little cloud, Aerys.”

"Oh, such a pretty name for a pretty lady! You've found yourself a good one, Reign." 

“Stand up straight Little Cloud. Let my dear sister take a good look at you. And you may speak if she talks to you. You don’t have to hold back. My sister is well aware of my…. Ways. Isn’t that right Sati?”

She had noticed that Aerys had dropped to the ground, frightened or something. "Yup, and I was your partner in crime! I loved doing that with ya. So fun!" Her eyes had an amused twinkle now, too.
the staff team luvs u
04-28-2022, 04:16 PM
She hated this, and quickly wished that their attention would go anywhere else but her. However, they decided to keep talking about her, eyes watching her. Glancing up at Reign, she would remain quiet, looking between the two of them. However, though she didn't speak up, she would straighten herself, no longer pressed against the floor. 

Her ears still pinned to her head, eyes looking down in a very submissive way with her tail wrapped under her. She wanted to be anywhere but here. Still though, not sounds escaped his lips, still not talking.

the staff team luvs u

Note
Aerys has a large scar on her right cheek
04-28-2022, 10:23 PM
"No, sadly. I have not really seen anyone since I awoke here too. I washed up on the ocean's beach, and have been traveling for some time now." 

So she'd been alone after Reign and Nemesis had Left. Reign shook her head, she didn't feel guilty just sad for Sati. She was alone while Reign had Nemesis. But maybe thats because Nemesis and Reign were always attached at the hip so it made Sense. "Im sorry you were alone, but you could have always tagged along with one of our other siblings!" she shook her head. She knew that Nemesis wouldn't have let Sati come with them, but that didn't mean she had to be all alone when they'd left. 

"How were they? Did they look healthy?"

"Akhen was well, he thrived well it seemed while we were all split up. As for To-Meri, She was fine. Though she almost lost her life quite a few times at my hands,  She never knew when to back off...but Everyone knows that Nemesis and I... we belong to each other.... and she got a little to friendly" She snarled thinking about it. Her sister, To-Meri flirted with Nemesis whenever she got a chance. She'd be dead if it wasnt for Nemesis reminding her that their sister just wanted attention. 

"but enough about them, you still haven't told me what you were doing the last two years now." She Sat down beside Aerys. 

"Oh, such a pretty name for a pretty lady! You've found yourself a good one, Reign."

"Good, no. Weak and breakable, yes. But she is a looker. Suppose later on she'll be enticing enough to breed..." She cast a glance at Aerys. "Her children could prove useful to me later in life, who knows though"  She shrugged. 

"Yup, and I was your partner in crime! I loved doing that with ya. So fun!"

She tilted her head, Reign was a little confused. "I do believe you have me Confused with To-Meri, dear sister. I ran with Akhen and Nemesis. But it was Nem i was always with. Don't you remeber, Me, Nem and Akhen used to jump you guys the night before mom would hold our spar trainings, just so that wed beat you the next day. Because alls fair in love and war" She chuckled. 

"Little Cloud, Do you remember asking why me, when i claimed you? And i told you that you were not special? Sati here knows just how... Brutal i can really be. You're lucky all you got was a mark." She cooed coldly. 

"Anyway Sati, why don't you stay with us. See if we can find anyone else from our family here. Surely we can't be the only ones. and should we find them we shall gather them together. Like a moth to Flame, we shall be a beacon to our Empire."  
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

04-29-2022, 03:17 PM
"I'm sorry you were alone, but you could have always tagged along with one of our other siblings!" Her sister apologized for Sati being left alone. 

"It's fine, no need to worry about me. I actually quite liked being alone, there was no one to annoy me or anything." She laughed, as Reign had no need to apologize. She did appreciate the apology nevertheless. 

"Akhen was well, he thrived well it seemed while we were all split up. As for To-Meri, she was fine. Though she almost lost her life quite a few times at my hands, she never knew when to back off...but everyone knows that Nemesis and I... we belong to each other.... and she got a little too friendly." Reign was getting angry at the mention of To-Meri. 

"And she deserves it; she was too annoying. Plus, she shouldn't have come between you and Nemesis. She should've known that would happen." Sati purred, stoking Reign's fire. 

"But enough about them, you still haven't told me what you were doing the last two years now." Reign asked about what Sati has been doing the last few years. 

"Well, I had just been traveling, finding new things, things like that. Since I had a lot of time to myself, I often thought about you guys. Wondering what you had been doing. What you guys have been doing. Wondering if you guys have caused any more dilemmas or problems without me. I did talk to some others from time to time though. That took my mind off of you guys for a while. Also got in a few fights with weak ones." She summed up all that has happened to her in the few years apart. 

"Good, no. Weak and breakable, yes. But she is a looker. Suppose later on she'll be enticing enough to breed... Her children could prove useful to me later in life, who knows though." Reign was making Sati feel sad at not having someone she could claim. 

"Hmm, yes they could. Unless they turn out like her and not like you." 

"I do believe you have me confused with To-Meri, dear sister. I ran with Akhen and Nemesis. But it was Nem i was always with. Don't you remember, me, Nem, and Akhen used to jump you guys the night before Mom would hold our spar training, just so that we'd beat you the next day? Because all's fair in love and war." 

"Just... Forget I said that, I must've forgotten it was To-Meri and not you. Maybe because I wished it was you instead of her." 

"Little Cloud, Do you remember asking "why me" when i claimed you? And i told you that you were not special? Sati here knows just how... Brutal i can really be. You're lucky all you got was a mark." Reign had turned towards Aerys, speaking to her. 

"Yes, I do know how brutal you can be. And I was nearly the same, wasn't I?" She thought she had been, or it might've just been the fact that she wanted to be like Reign. 

"Anyway Sati, why don't you stay with us. See if we can find anyone else from our family here. Surely we can't be the only ones, and should we find them we shall gather them together. Like a moth to a flame, we shall be a beacon to our Empire." Reign proposed the idea to stay with them to Sati. 

"I would love to. After all, we will regrow our empire together. As sisters." Sati responded eagerly. The chance to find the rest of the family with her sister was too appealing to deny.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Demonia Empire
05-08-2022, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2022, 01:50 AM by Reign. Edited 1 time in total.)
"It's fine, no need to worry about me. I actually quite liked being alone, there was no one to annoy me or anything." 

Reign nodded, it was a good trait to have in their family. It was often that saxe wound up finding themselves separated across lands looking for one another. SO being at peace with the solitude was almost a family necessity. 

"And she deserves it; she was too annoying. Plus, she shouldn't have come between you and Nemesis. She should've known that would happen." 

Reign's eyes narrowed but she didnt speak again. She just nodded her agreement. 

"Well, I had just been traveling, finding new things, things like that. Since I had a lot of time to myself, I often thought about you guys. Wondering what you had been doing. What you guys have been doing. Wondering if you guys have caused any more dilemmas or problems without me. I did talk to some others from time to time though. That took my mind off of you guys for a while. Also got in a few fights with weak ones." 

"Well Nem and I were out causing Chaos the whole time, we didn't stay in one place for long though. We terrorized an area and would move on after a while. it was nice, but i missed being all together. So after all this time, i convinced him to try to find mom." She stated. facts, history. it was all a part of her past now. 

"Hmm, yes they could. Unless they turn out like her and not like you." 

"I wouldn't expect them to be like be, they come from weak stock. Besides, being like her makes them what they are...if they were like me, they wouldn't owe their entire existence to me" She laughed.

"Just... Forget I said that, I must've forgotten it was To-Meri and not you. Maybe because I wished it was you instead of her." 

Reign didn't doubt that. She'd treated Sati and To-Meri as if they were mere training tools. Yes they had her love and loyalty because they were her sisters, but they weren't like her exactly. She was more brutal, and unhinged. So they were mere tools to train and be worthy in her mothers eyes.

"Yes, I do know how brutal you can be. And I was nearly the same, wasn't I?"  

"well you certainly tried to be. But i wouldn't say you were anywhere near as brutal as Nem, Akhen and I" She paused "not to say you didn't show potential though, you are strong, youre a saxe after all"

"I would love to. After all, we will regrow our empire together. As sisters." 

"it will be an Empire our Saxe Ancestors will be proud of... It shall bring us together again" 
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

scroll to top