Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
The day is the wife whom I elude

AW
Content Warning
03-15-2021, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 04:48 AM by Eldra. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: added actual post lol )
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Possible references to mature themes

No memory of before. Little did she know that everyone here had no recollection of events before this place. Of their lives prior. 
The witchdoctor furrowed her brows in irritated confusion, moving through the dense forest with faux purpose. She had no purpose. Not yet. 

But she knew of magic. She knew of divination. She knew of witchcraft. And she knew of combat. 
These things, Eldra kept close to her, and seemed to remember. Her core. 

She could smell other creatures around, other wolves, and perhaps even foxes, badgers, the like?
With a low hmm, Eldra simply continued to walk, looking half-heartedly for tools she could use later, in her craft.
the staff team luvs u
Current thread titles are from The Night by Voltaire
Discovery
03-15-2021, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 02:29 AM by Aso. Edited 2 times in total.)
Every now and then someone new would appear in their woods, and every now and then the boogeyman had to flex his muscles to either chase them out or scare them into submission. With a stench like his, it was confusing as to why there were so many who were already so bold to enter so far within their woods.

Spring was coming around, soon the prey would give birth to tasty new treats and the grasses would grow green and lush to feed them into becoming fat and plump for him to devour. Already Celnes' woods were beginning to flourish with new life, with the same familiar green hue that he knew he saw many times before.

Thundering paws carve through the woods and crunched both new and old greenery, leaving behind him a thick broken path should one desire to track him. His lumbering pace was not broken as ruby eyes found a figure in the distance, another new one that didn't belong here... This one was bigger than the ones before, challenging his own girth and immediately he felt the militancy within him bubbled up.

He approached, eyes locked onto the woman with hackles raised and a low growl announcing his arrival. He'd give her a couple of seconds to explain herself before making a move... He wasn't particularly chatty with one who could be problematic upon first inspection.

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
03-15-2021, 05:13 AM
It wasn't too long before she heard footfalls. 
And a growl. 
Looking up slowly, her deep purple hues held a firm look of not pleased as Eldra's own hackles raised, as did her tail in full height. She bared her teeth at him and snapped her jaws with an audible click before hissing at him with her words.
"Woke up in these woods maybe an hour ago, just trying to find my way around. Now, what's your problem, hot shot?" She kept her voice relatively level, despite the venom seeping into her tone a tad, with impatience for Mr. Obviously-Compensating-For-Something's bullshit. 
Eldra wouldn't underestimate him, she was no fool, at least in that sense. 
But would he have the common sense to do the same with her?
the staff team luvs u
03-15-2021, 03:50 PM
She was quick to react, and so was he. With a snap of her jaws, he offered an immediate false charge. Lunging a couple of steps forward with a barking snarl as hackles bristled wildly and foaming saliva dribbled from his excited maw. He was not one to back down from a threat, should she be of use to him he would hear her out... but the lord of the flies had a short fuse for those who didn't get to the point and quickly state what he wanted to hear from them - and honestly.

Hearing that she was here for over an hour didn't please him at all. Nor was her attitude. If she was truly here for that long, surely she would have encountered his own stench filling this place, along with that of Celnes. How did neither of them encounter her long before this was beyond him, was she actively avoiding them despite the scent markers they were laying out?

He had no desire to speak. He only gave her one more chance to explain herself properly - but time was quickly slipping in that hourglass of hers. For now, he couldn't imagine any other outcome than one that spilled both their blood.

And he relished that thought.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
03-15-2021, 03:58 PM
She had an air of confidence now that a protector was throughout the forest. He wasn't the most likable figure, but she knew his strength alone would be grand help. The alliance between would surely help in the future, even if her eventual followers detested the factor. She knew what she wanted in this life, to gain what she could not within the past, and continue to rise to the future.

Though with a smile upon her face, a cold look, she could see that in the distance, "Vengeance," the fallen Queen said, a sickly sweet tone as she approached from afar, "I never did tell you more about my family's culture. Though there is one thing should know that'll be crucial for our alliance."

Though the tension in the air, and the territoral attitude shown from the man, she continued on with her cold smile, "we abolish the white kin."

Praise be the High Elk, and pray for those of the cursed.

the staff team luvs u
03-15-2021, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 04:09 PM by Eldra. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Cyprin snuck up on me, edited to fit Celnes in XD )
At his false charge, she stood her ground with an equally audible snarl, tall, dominant posture, and a flare of her own hackles. 
A step more on his end, she would have flew at him with all she had.
Though she honestly didn't feel like getting chewed on, maybe that'd be what it took to prove a point that she, like him, was not to be fucked with...

Ugh.

"It's not my fault your nose is too full of your own egotistical bullshit to smell me properly." Eldra scoffed, assuming he and anyone else around didn't already smell her - her eyes sparking with internal flame as she kept her teeth bared.
"Though now that you're here, perhaps joining a pack wouldn't be so bad, even if it's yours, and, assuming we can get along?"
She kept her paws planted firm, but she slowly sheathed her teeth for the sake of trying to avoid a messy fight the first two hours after she woke up. It would be better, at least for her right now, to make allies, not enemies.

Should he wish to gage her "worth" by battle though, she'd take him up on it.

Then, a brown bitch, by the sounds of it, came up with a lilt that made Eldra want to rip her face off right there. Speaking of abolishing the white kin and such

"If being a white wolf is so bad, seems to me you're envious of us with pale pelts."
the staff team luvs u
03-15-2021, 04:28 PM
be careful with metagaming, in Eldra's post she basically read Ven's internal thoughts <3

Despite him saying nothing, it was as if she read his own thoughts. How she knew he was making a pack was beyond him, but her attitude alone was enough to have him decide already her worth in becoming a Nightwalker. She was high on her own fumes, a woman who he thought, would be nothing but trouble to try and control especially with no other followers under his reign just yet...

Before he could vocalize his decision on this one, Celnes arrived as if on cue. Spewing something she had not shared earlier - why it was coming up now and not in the weeks they had roamed the same woods was annoying to say the least, but it didn't matter. Her laws didn't affect him and Vengeance only offered a flick of his tail in acknowledging the King.

The pale one just kept digging her own grave. Spitting foul words to Celnes who had already verbalized she and Vengeance had an alliance between them. If there was one thing the filthy man did not tolerate was risking alliances that he worked in building in order to strengthen his own kingdom. “Leave.” Was all he muttered through clenched fangs, having no interest in this one being among his ranks. Rejected by both Celnes and him, this woman was just a pest in their woods that needed to be gone.

She was simply a risk he was not willing to take with two packs that have yet to be established, the risk was simply far too high to place any trust in this woman. Should she decide to still hold her ground against him and a watchful Celnes, instead of hearing her utter more nonsense, the brute would lunge with every intent to make contact this time. Teeth poised and hungry for flesh. He'd chase her out by any means necessary.

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
03-15-2021, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 02:29 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
The woman reminded her so much of Rohesia, her dearest cousin that she helped to the after life. Through the forests of the reds and oaks, the pines and the mixture, surely the elk were watching. Predators had entered their sanctuary, nd only one was a believer and a protector of sorts, but the other was a helper to her, not to them. Perhaps the King was watching in scorn, or wondering what she would do to the white woman before her. She who was not family, but the white kin, could not stay. Even she who decided to throw words of foulness, Célnes but looked at the other with a cold smile.

Though did she approach closer, watching Vengeance reject her offer, and her paws sliding through the cold grass. Twigs beneath cracked, and her head lowered down as she was like a shadow to the giant, a serpentine waiting to pounce. Though not immediately did she do so, only waiting a chance to strike. The former Queen was no fool, she wasn't a warrior, but knew when it was right to strike.

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
03-15-2021, 04:40 PM
that's my bad! Sorry Noki ';-; I'll edit that if wished? <3

It appeared she wasn't welcome (duh). With a borderline dismissive, sharp snort, Eldra briefly watched the two brown wolves before turning and heading a direction she assumed might be: Out. 

Without another word, without anything else. She intended on going. 

Eldra would find somewhere else to call home. 

thank you guys for threading with me btw!

the staff team luvs u
03-15-2021, 07:41 PM
Just like that, the pale woman decided to take her leave. Finally, her stance broke and she began to make her way out of where the two locals tried to make their borders known. He'd let her walk out for now, but he would be certain to keep a close watch on her scent trail and give her a few encouraging nips should they be necessary to make sure she was gone.

Until then, he tossed a glance to Celnes. He wasn't going to argue with her about her pack's beliefs, they had no weight on his own and Vengeance had his own biases against certain breeds.

Though she was not quick to join, it was her posture alone that pleased him - how she was ready to jump into the fray when necessary to make sure no one would cause trouble in her kingdom after rejection. Should there be nothing left to say, he would be on his way to slowly follow the pale woman - he'd speak with Celnes further about this at a later date.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top