Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
buzz buzz I'm a fly

P
04-19-2022, 06:41 PM
^^

Olympia found herself sprawled out atop a rocky outcrop, stretched out on her side with her head and forepaws dangling down. She wasn't tired but she was terribly bored. So here she would lay, bored and clawing at the air.

She had hoped her first adventure from home would be something to brag about yet the growing cub found herself almost wallowing. Her tail curled at the tip, in and out in a circle. She stared at the fly as it buzzed by, one rounded paw coming out to swat at it. 

@Kuhn

^^

the staff team luvs u
04-22-2022, 12:15 AM
Again he found himself straying out of the cave that was lent to him by Northfall. Mostly the purpose was to keep himself limber, keeping muscles that had been torn, pierced, and pushed to their limits in motion. He found that if he sat still, his body would stiffen.

Taking an easy pace the cat occupied himself by passively hunting, looking for something easy to catch, nothing too physically taxing. Walking southward something nearby caught the attention of his nose. Another sun cat.

Quickly, looking though the treeline to the clearing, that's where he saw it, a young kid, playing around with a fly. Kuhn didn't know if he would have to deal with a defensive mother who might come blitzing out of the brush.

Forgetting his ailments for a moment his curiosity lead him closer. His own kind was a bit of a mystery to him, always seeming to come and go. Getting a closer look at the young cat, she was light in color, with an odd fur pattern similar to his own.

He wasn't trying to hide from her, if she looked up she could see him, standing there, flipping his tail back and forth. Though, he wasn't sure he wanted to talk to her, he told himself he didn't like kids.
the staff team luvs u
04-22-2022, 09:16 PM
^^

The fly was actively avoiding her claws though not buzzing away entirely, seemingly as into the game as she was as it weaved back and forth. Olympia growled as she swung her paw, frustration lining her young features as it avoided her again. The girl slipped, hanging further off the rock as she swung and she grabbed onto her terrain, claws out and digging in as she moved onto her belly to stop her fall.

Her nose wrinkled as she huffed, tail curling as something orange and black caught her attention as she followed the fly. She blinked, he was like her. Sort of. Not as cute, she thought, all bright and black. She was lovely and soft, pale and brown. "WHY are you just staring at me?" Oly demanded as she cast her blue-grey gaze upon him. ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-22-2022, 09:26 PM
For a just a moment, she watched her play at her game with the fly, it was the kind of thing he might do too even in his young adulthood. "Uhh...", was all he could muster, not really sure how to approach a kid. Truth was, it was probably the first time he had seen a younger version of his own kind. 

The first thing that could come to his head, "Well... Why are you playing on a rock!?" 
the staff team luvs u
04-22-2022, 09:34 PM
^^

He seemed almost stumped and she looked affronted, "I can do what I want!" The cub retorted as she lifted her chin to the sky with a huff puffing up her cheeks. "At least I am not standing there staring at someone all weird and not saying anything," Olympia stated, almost proud that she had hit him back with something.

The girl looked smug, a smirk sitting on her face.^^

the staff team luvs u
04-22-2022, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2022, 10:15 PM by Kuhn. Edited 1 time in total.)
It was on now, the orange cat walked in closer.  "By all means... do what you want...", now prowling in circles around her little rock, her tiny throne.  Stopping for a moment he thought it would be proper to stand and bow to the little queen, so he did it with a flourish of the wrist.  "Ouch... I am so insulted, your wit is obviously to much for me.", he laughed sarcastically.
the staff team luvs u
04-22-2022, 10:18 PM
^^

"I don't need your permission," Olympia flared her nose as she once more huffed, inclining her head towards him as he prowled. Who have him permission to come closer? The girl looked down her nose at him, fully intending to be snooty.

He bowed, dramatic and not silently. The girl preened, clearly feeling superior -- as she often did.
"So long as you know your place," Olympia drawled, unwilling to move away from the older feline. Snooty, determined and quite fond of mischief. "I guess it isn't hard to insult the elderly, all delicate and soft," she smiled wickedly, thoroughly enjoying herself. ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-22-2022, 10:53 PM
"Why would you assume that I was giving you permission, I can tell you make your own decisions anyway?"  The statement was half meant to mess with the child, but partly meant to disarm her as well.  His ears turned to her at her as he resumed his circling.  Looking up for a moment he witnessed her wicked little smile and laughed to himself at how familiar that was, it reminded him of someone he knew

Looking away from her for a moment, he tried his best to conceal an almost identical toothy grin.  

Able to quell it somewhat a smirk cracked though, he had to push aside mischievous thoughts of swiping her off that rock, just to see her face. "Who are you anyway?" 
the staff team luvs u
04-25-2022, 07:51 PM
^^

He was annoying. Olympia sneered at him as she cast her head to the sky, a soundly 'hmph' leaving her as she, irritated, curled and uncurled her tail tip. "I was just reminding you," Olympia grinned, cheekily and snootily all at once. She didn't want to overly admit that he was vaguely interesting. It wasn't going to be something she said, ever.

Was he smirking? Why was he smirking? The cub looked at him with some suspicion as she tilted her head, returning her attention back to him as he asked her who she was.
"What makes you think you're important enough to know my name?" The growing cub looked down her nose with a grin, raising her brows as she waited to see how annoying he was in return. ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-25-2022, 08:55 PM
Every word the little turd spoke, was so smug that Kuhn figured that she had to be joking. Was she? Shaking his head, he couldn't help but but seem entertained.

"Well...", Looking directly at her, he didn't try to hide his smile anymore. She probably only had a half second to react before his massive paw came up from the ground, playfully swiping her off her little throne.

Hopping up on to the rock himself, he draped his body over it. Though, obviously it was too small for him to be comfortable. Looking away from the child at the back of his paw, "Oh? What was that? I can't hear you when you are all the way down there.", then started to groom the back of his wrist, pretending he he didn't think much about what just happened.
the staff team luvs u
04-25-2022, 09:04 PM
^^

It all happened rather quickly and like the fly she had been playing with, the older feline had swat her off of her throne. The cub tumbled down in a mess of her own limbs, fury displayed clearly on her youthful face. She was beginning to think that even a fellow feline was annoying at the rest of them. Olympia only liked Vendrussel and this beast was not Vendrussel.

"You!" the girl shrieked as she stood up hastily, her pale fur dirtied with soil and dust. "Why don't you come closer, I'll be sure to speak loudly, clearly and take an ear as I go!" Ordinarily she didn't like to get her own paws dirty but Olympia was vengeful, her throne being sat upon by him and she could not stand it. She lurched forward, unskilled and annoyed with intention to grab an ear. Tooth, claw -- whatever she could. ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-25-2022, 09:26 PM
The screams and shrieks of the smug little child where music to his ears, still grooming his lips upturned again into a smile. Hearing her threats, he turned slowly to look at her seeing her charge trying to retake the throne.

Slipping back on the rock a bit, he looked down at the little beast, gently swatting down over the edge at her, allowing her to spar with a single one of his large paws.

Obviously, the little turd didn't hold much back drawing blood on his wrists as he teased her with it. Nonetheless, the large cat seemed to enjoy whatever game he was playing, holding himself coiled on the rock in a playful manner.
the staff team luvs u
04-27-2022, 05:26 PM
^^

Her features were displaying her frustration and her offense, his dangled paw the only thing she could reach. Oly's brows remained furrowed as she lurched up on her hind legs as she aimed to grab his paw with her two front paws. "You... you... thats mine!" She hissed, opening her mouth with intention to grab at his paw.

If successful, the girl would bite. ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-27-2022, 07:24 PM
Sitting up on that rock, he held his paw above her watching her lunge for it, pulling it away only to return it into her range, only getting scratched again. Normally, it would be more interesting to let her have a piece of it every once and awhile to keep her engaged. But the amount of seething anger she had demonstrated was a good warning that this child was not to be trusted.

"You can have it back if you say please...", He taunted, his whole posture more relaxed, obviously enjoying himself.

Once again lifting his paw he went to feint, acting like he was going to bop her, only to do try and lightly tap her a moment later.

"You don't really play much do you?", He asked, in the midst of the gentle spar. For some reason he knew kids where not supposed to be like this. Play was actually like training for the hunt, and nobody was going to want to train with this little monster.
the staff team luvs u
04-27-2022, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2022, 09:07 PM by Olympia-Elune.)
^^

She looked completely and utterly dissatisfied as the feline dunked his paw only to take it away repeatedly. It lessened her chance to embed her claws properly, instead of just scratching him.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"You wish!" the girl hissed as she bared her teeth, lips coiling tightly over the saliva coated edges. He wanted a please?! After he came and removed her from her throne? She peeled back, affronted and offended all at once as her grey-blue gaze widened with outrage. Now, just who did he think he was!? He bopped her and she hissed, curved ears splaying backwards as his next question met her and she frowned, narrowing her eyes, "why would I need to play?" She returned, paw coming out to thwack at his own.

"Don't need to play when I have an old man trying to take my stuff," she grumbled, still batting away at him and trying to duck if he tried to bop her again.
^^

the staff team luvs u
04-27-2022, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2022, 10:25 PM by Kuhn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Every moment he spent with her, she appeared to get madder and madder, as if she might boil over at any point. Repeating the pattern again he would continue to bop and pull back. Enjoying the squish and the hiss that would follow. Pulling his paw away, he restrained himself from doing it again, just looking down over the edge. "Don't worry I'll give it back.", he chuckled with a raspy tone, tossing his tail back and forth.

Raising himself up to his feet he stood towering above her on the rock for a moment. Jumping from the side, his frame gracefully absorbed the fall, "There..." he said calmly. He had had his fun.

Walking around in a loop behind her, he expected her to retake her throne. "Don't be so serious. You play now so you can hunt later." Pausing for a moment he vaguely smelled the air around her now, feintly picking up on wolf. "Where are your parents?"
the staff team luvs u
05-05-2022, 05:18 PM
^^

Olympia would make a point and a show to turn her body to stare up at him once he had removed himself from her throne, tilting her chin as she glared up at him, "you should know better than to push someone." Don't be so serious, he said, when he was the one purposefully annoying her! Olympia huffed before she span, uncaring if her tail whacked him on the turn and climbed up to her throne once more. Staring at him as she used her paw to 'wipe away' him from her throne, his question rang in her ears and she effortlessly draped herself across her stone again.

"I don't know," the girl stated with a flat tone. "Vendrussel found me months ago and I am of Dragonford," the feline drawled as she eyed him. "What's your name? I think I deserve to put a name to someone who's asking me all sorts," Oly sniffed, slapping her paws across each other. ^^

the staff team luvs u
05-05-2022, 06:11 PM
In a way she was kinda right, he had pushed her. Though it was all in jest, she managed to send a little pang of regret through him. It would have remained funny is she remained mad, but now the child was just looking up at him, telling him it's not good to push other people. As she turned to retake her rock the tip of the girl's tail smacked across his lip, leaving behind an obnoxious hair, which he had to remove with the back of his wrist.

As rude as she was, her statement was correct. "You are right... I'm sorry." Taking his seat infront of her rock, he looked at her eye to eye. "Though you should be careful with your words, I should know...", motioning to his healing wounds.

"Vendrusll... I think, I hunted with her once, she is fast..." , he responded, and confirmed his suspicion that this child was among wolves. "I'm Kuhn..."
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top