Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
silver clouds with gray lining

Morning Partly Cloudy
P
Hunter
04-11-2022, 10:12 PM

The morning sun gleamed over the mountains; but unfortunately, was blocked out by the skimming of gray clouds against the skies. This kind of morning was particularly good for fishing. With the spring's glowing warmth breaking from the cold grasps of the winter, fish aimed to be near the tops of the water, enjoying the warmth. On colder mornings, they'd feed at the top of the water. Alexei leaned over the fast-paced river. He watched the water rush to unknown destinations, farther up and down the mountain, providing a source of water for everyone who lived within the stony heights. There was hesitation in his heart, but he kept a tight form, using the shade of one of the trees to not cast his own shadow in the water. Focused, he'd wait for an unsuspecting fish migrating upstream. 

Rhinestone eyes reflect at him; as much as he hated his reflection, he had to bear it for the mere fact that he needed to eat. It had been a day or two. He often forgot or couldn't find too much of a drive to. This life - it was lonely. He did not know anyone. For most of his life, he'd known no one and too many all at once. Lifetimes. They'd become a recycled condition of existence. The fisherman's paw swiped down, with force, onto one of the fish before he pushed his entire head under the water and pulled it from the river, falling back onto the grass and tossing it to the side. Then he rolled over and let his teeth sink into its gills. There was a small pant to his effort, sitting beside the river and his morning meal. The longer he stared down at it, the more sick he felt. So, he closed his eyes and picked at what he could. 

the staff team luvs u
[Image: JaAEj4v.png]
Adventurer
04-11-2022, 10:38 PM
This morning she was off to the run. Vanderfell didn’t have enough food to support both packs that were residing there and so she would take some time out of her day to try and bring back a few morsels for her and for others to eat. Though how long Ira’s lands could support extra hunting was uncertain, and they would have to leave sooner rather than later before depleting their resources. 

She would purposely avoid the water. Remembering the moment she had to feel fished out herself and opted to aim further than the run, to expand their range and not focus solely on Vanderfell’s claims. However, a sight of an unfamiliar individual near the water had drawn her attention. On the wind, he had no pack to his name, and being the one to find someone fishing in what she knew what Vanderfell’s hunting lands…

Well…

Looking up to the peaks of Vanderfell, she sucked in a breath. Though Ira’s land and Reiko was but a visitor yet again, she would not ignore someone who would surely be apprehended by anyone else. 

A small woof pushed from her lips as she approached gingerly with her head held high in a faux display of graceful pride. “Have you spoken with anyone in regards to fishing here, sir?”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
04-11-2022, 11:00 PM

Glints of sun would peek through the solemn clouds; making the water sparkle and a caw or two from a bird come out, as if trying to alert the others of the sun, before it disappeared back behind the clouds. The smell of river water was not strong enough to cover the scent of the salty ocean air that seemed to follow him wherever. No matter how many baths, battles, or miles trekked, he'd always smell like the sea. A lasting omen that he would never return to it. That the God of it had cursed him. Which is why he stayed closer to inland waters and was wary of lakes or too deep rivers. The fear that he had instilled in him, he was unsure if it'd ever fully go away. Thinking of being swept away in turbulent waters, the thought made him feel as if he was drowning all over again. 

A voice broke him free of the claws that the memory put in him. For that, he was thankful. Rhinestone eyes gleam open once more, searching for the presence that broke him from his mind. The words that came from her lips, however, made his fur stick up; on edge. Not that he was going to attack - but he was sure that no one had claimed these lands. He'd even met another here - and he smelt of a pack, and so did this woman. Alexei stumbled back from the fish with his tail near the water. The small spatter of water on him made him shiver. "I'm sorry? I thought - This was unclaimed land..." Alexei's quiet voice petered out. He swallowed a breath because, in reality, no one could save him from this. Not even the storm cloaked man, he was gone, it was only him. "No, I haven't. I'm sorry, I can go." For the love of whatever gods there were out there, he prayed he would not be held captive for eating a fish on some other pack's land. He'd heard horror stories of stuff happening like this before, but he never thought he'd be so stupid to get caught up in claimed land. 

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-12-2022, 12:15 AM
The man didn’t come off as the dangerous type. Just a hungry traveller trying to fill his belly for another day. Perhaps a year ago this meeting would have started off differently from her end - but as lessons came and went, it seemed that a different approach was necessary if it meant keeping herself and loved ones safe from nefarious strangers.

He was a handsome young man. Warm colours with splashes of dark and pale across his lean build with bright violet eyes. “Vanderfell claims it as their hunting grounds.” She continued, reassuring that this was in the middle ground more or less of an unofficial claim that perhaps Ira would not be too fond of sharing with an outsider.

Just as how she had grown protective over the glacier gardens with greedy passersby.

Approaching the stranger with hesitant steps, she’d lower her voice so only they could hear what would come next. “Please, eat what you caught. There is no rush.” If he was just that, a hungry traveller it was just an honest mistake made by a hungry belly. 

“I would not make hunting here a habit however.” She’d offer a light smile to try and ease his own obvious anxieties.

the staff team luvs u
04-13-2022, 06:52 PM

Dark clouds spread across the distant sky, a storm that had been rumbling for days, never seemed near anywhere close to him. He was lucky, for once, that the rain had not stormed down on his day. Though, with the gray clouds that covered the sky now; maybe it was finally nearing, giving them a final warning. The man's heart still went a mile a second as he waited for her to either stake her claim on his soul for the mere one fish or let him go free. Alexei stood there, awaiting judgement. 'Vanderfell claims it as their hunting grounds.' Her voice seemed assuring that he was not crazy, that these were hunting grounds. The man took a wide look, making sure there were no more guards near or an incoming pack for a nice meal. Neither showed themselves at the edges of the cliffs nor the paths leading up alongside the river. "Oh, I see..." A quiet statement to himself that trailed off. In the past, blurred images of a pack he used to live with, one that he ranked in council with, even they didn't have their own hunting grounds. Vanderfell must have been a sizable pack. With that, he almost takes a step back, but not before he's stopped by the woman approaching closer, at a hesitant pace. 

With her voice lowered, she murmured to go ahead and eat what he'd caught. Alexei's ears pricked upwards at the comment as he lowered his head to listen to her closely. It was a very kind offer, left with an ambivalent tone to end it, to warn him of making a habit of hunting here. Alexei gave a nod, "Thank you, I'll take that into account. I'm sorry for trespassing on these grounds. I'll be quick, I promise." And with that, the fisherman stepped back to the meal he'd caught and looked at it. The same feeling wavered in his stomach. A sickness rolls in his lower stomach. It is not the disease type, but the sight of food could sometimes repulse him. More so when the feelings that lurked within him felt dark. After traveling alone, and sleeping for an entire year and re-awaking, he'd found himself lonelier than ever. Maybe that's why he didn't hurry off with his meal instead of staying with the woman. 

Through dark eyelashes, his violet gaze fell back upon her. "Would you like some? There's no way I can finish it all. And, this is your food, right? It'd be wrong of me to... keep it all." All in all, he did feel that way. It was too much to ask for her to oversee this infraction - even if she had let him eat; it was his fault for being here, and have him eat right in front of her - her own food. Alexei assumed, since she smelt like a pack wolf, that she was of Vanderfell. And with that being the case, he had to offer something in return for her food. Maybe a spilt meal or, "Or I could fish you something as well." He glanced at the river, knowing it might take a couple of silent minutes between the two, but at least it would be something

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-13-2022, 07:06 PM
As much as Ira would be opposed to her offer, Reiko still held onto her past beliefs that all were innocent until they showed their true colours. She would not pin a man she knew nothing of other than a hungry passerby as a villain simply for trying to keep going on for another day. They were all there at some point. Though she could not come to be as welcoming and warm as she once was, there was no need to add to any hardships this man might have already seen or been through to be timid as well.

With her offer accepted with grace and gratitude, she was ready to give the man space and continue on her path to check on him later should he have ignored her suggestion by remaining and abusing her kindness - like many others before him. 

instead, he offered something in return. To share. Such a kind thing from a stranger had nearly made the woman melt. So starved for positivity and kindness herself, a small gesture such as that had instantly made her weak in the knees just wanting to crumble on the spot. But she was done crying, and would not any more than she already had this past year. “Thank you, but I am not hungry. You can always take it for later?” As kind as it was, she was still apprehensive of accepting it.

Even if fish was such a rare treat for one who couldn’t approach water so freely like she. 

As the man continued with a new offer to fish something for her, plush plume swayed uncontrollably behind her in a slow rhythm. “That would be so kind.” Perhaps she too could bring back some for the rest, as his payment for hunting here. After a short pause, feeling a mild sense of anxious awkwardness on her end - the woman eventually blurted out in curiosity. “Do you fish often?”

the staff team luvs u
Hunter
04-13-2022, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 07:44 PM by Alexei. Edited 1 time in total.)

Alexei awaited her reply, with his eyes every so often driving to the river. The rushing water echoed in his mind with soft flashes of the last time he'd been near a coastline. Where the water had taken him without so much of a thought and almost taken his life along with it. Though with time, he'd learned to overcome his fear of lakes and rivers. He started with puddles, then advanced to rivers - getting sick once or twice from only going near the wetlands to drink. He'd been forced into trying the rivers and found that there was little to fear with banks that he could wade into if needed. 

The man glanced back to her thanking but, but all in all, denying his offer to share the fish with her. Though there was something about her that changed. His gaze moved back to her, knowing that he probably wouldn't finish it all. Her face seemed lighter, as if his gesture had woken something in her. One of his white eyebrows rose, but he spoke nothing of it. She also suggested he take it for later, and he would. Not to seem so rude as to leave his leftovers on a land he shouldn't even have been hunting on. He was hesitant, and almost mentioned to her that it would be no big deal for him if she took half, but kept his tongue. He just gave a weak smile and a nod, sensing she might have wanted him to move on. 

But his next offer is meant with the woman's tail swaying behind her and accepting. Then his face, too, lightened. The smile was not weak and well-worn for a mere moment. He couldn't remember the last time he smiled for real. "It'd be my pleasure." He added. The fisherman turned to go back to the spot he'd fished out his own in, after putting a few leaves over his meal so flies wouldn't gather over it. Lex leaned over the river with a steady gaze, seeing past his reflection and into the water. With his eyebrows knitted, he concentrated for a few minutes, before being distracted by her voice. He didn't mean to be rude, but stayed quiet for a few more seconds as a fish swam past and his mouth bobbed into the water, grasping it in his mouth, but ultimately losing this one. He cursed himself, once for not batting it down with his paw first and then grabbing it, and twice for looking somewhat like a fool in front of this kind woman. As the fish swam away, he shook his head, water flying off accordingly, and put his paws on the ground. He wasn't sure enough to jump on after it and knew that it was way faster than he was in terms of swimming. 

'Do you fish often?' Her voice drifted through his head as a reminder that he had not answered her just yet. The man looked over to her quickly, "Oh uh, yes. Sorry. It requires some concentration..." He added before twitching his nose, more so sorry for the fact he had missed his first attempt. Then, looking down stream and catching shadows moving, so he too moved downstream and in a quieter voice answered with more. "I mostly eat fish. I've been fishing since I was a little kid." He stopped, glancing to her, knowing that the shadows resting in the shade would be there for a few more moments - maybe even minutes. "Have you lived in Vanderfell for a long time?" A question in return for her own. The search for a home of his own had been the mission living in the forefront of his mind. And Ullarcraig Run was somewhere he would not mind living - or, well, hunting, if he had the choice. 

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-13-2022, 08:02 PM
The man happily would try to return the favour by fishing again for her this time. She would take this along with another trip to try and bring back more food for Vanderfell and Shiroshika to share at least this time she would have some kind of food in her belly to fuel the chases that were to come.

Quickly he was off into the waters to begin his impressive display. She couldn’t imagine fishing with just the thought that a single slip of her paws and once more she would be washed down stream and perhaps this time not being as lucky as the last and never returning to be chastised for a second time. It wasn’t worth it. As delicious the tender and sweet meat may be, it wasn’t worth the risk of being swept away again.

He was slow to respond and she was patient to listen. As he moved down the stream she would only follow on shore at a distance. Not wanting to scare the fish away or distract him as he already said this task needed concentration. She took no insult from it.

With a tone just loud enough for them to continue their conversation without being heard from within the water - could fish even hear she wondered? “My apologies for the confusion.” She shook her head at his question. “I do not live in Vanderfell, my pack and I are merely staying here temporarily.” She didn’t want to tell him why, so she kept the subject light and off any reasons for the time being.

“Shiroshika is where I reside. As their visitor I felt it was necessary to inform you.” And hopefully he would understand.

the staff team luvs u
Hunter
04-13-2022, 08:39 PM

Alexei's instincts were on edge. With one ear in the wind and the other tilted towards her, he made sure the wind would not shutter the trees. It might make the shade move and the fish move on, but he couldn't bring himself to move either. Moving would mean their conversation may have to stop, and that wasn't what Alexei wanted. Well, not for the time being. Even if he had to fish for her, he'd do it. First, he just wanted to know who she was.'My apologizes for the confusion..' She started and Alexei's head tilted to the right a bit, confused at what she meant. Then, as she carried on, he nodded. 'My pack and I...' Caught him off guard. Her pack? Not that he was surprised by a woman owning a pack, but he was surprised that she hadn't come out of the gate chasing him off. Even if this wasn't their lands, most pack wolves, leaders in general, were first to attack a stranger on their home's lands, protecting their own. Alexei silently thanked whomever had caused her not to attack first - or maybe she was just that kind. Either way, he was grateful. 

"I see, I see." Alexei nodded with understanding and held his tongue as to ask why they were staying here. It wasn't any of his business. It was pack business, and he was sure that no one would go sharing anything with him. Shiroshika. That was the place she had mentioned - or rather, the pack that she ruled over. For some reason, Alexei felt even more embarrassed now that he'd not caught a fish so quickly in front of someone who could probably wage war with a single flick of her paw. Though she didn't seem like that kind of woman. Not the woman he'd seen light up at his generous offer or the woman who hadn't shooed him off when she caught him on allied hunting grounds. "Thank you for letting me know. If it had been someone in Vanderfell who'd caught me, I don't know that they'd be as kind." He stated, with another wary look around, as though they might get caught. Then he glanced back towards her, "Shiroshika... What's it like there?" He asked, his head not moved from the tilted position as the curious question came across his lips. Though he knew she would be biased as the leader, his heart still yearned. 

With that thought, he moved his body towards the shadowed spot and crouched down before he reached the side of the river. A few motions could be seen under the water, as if they might have seen him. The man made a swift move, this time using his paw to slam down into the water and his face to follow right after it. This time, he is not met with as much of a struggle and pulls it back, stumbling a few steps back before using his sharp claws to cut the underneath of the fish open, guts spilling out and life ebbing away from the water-bound creature. After one pant, he took it over to her, leaving a space between them as he set the meal in front of her. It was a young adult trout. Not big enough to clock him in the face and break a tooth, yet big enough to feed one or two teens. "My apologizes. I haven't even introduced myself. I'm Alexei Veteris... I'm... not from around here. Though I guess that's true for a lot of wolves here." He thought about the other night with his storm-cloaked friend, and how he'd mentioned that most wolves that lived here had woken up from an old life unto a new one. There was comfort in the thought they were all alien to this land. 

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-13-2022, 09:02 PM
At his words pale ears shot up. “Ira and those of Vanderfell are reasonable.” She interjected softly. They had done so much for her that she felt compelled to make sure this stranger didn’t walk away with any other thought on his mind about those who lived here. Ira seemed to be stern and more protective over what she saw was hers, something Reiko too should perhaps adopt if it meant being left alone like Vanderfell had been - but not unkind.

“Shiroshika… is going through changes.” She’d freely admit. Once wanting nothing but a safe haven was now feeling more like a trap. Caught between a rock and a hard place only to lash out so they may free themselves from this position they were thrust into that Tiberius had placed upon them by insisting to play kind with Kuhn.

Something that had gone completely unappreciated by all involved. 

“I had wished for us to be peaceful and welcoming, but now, I do not know.” It must be confusing for him to listen to as she was being so cryptic with the details. Although he was being kind and understanding as of late, she was still apprehensive of sharing too much with who was still but a stranger.

The hooded man finally caught a fish in a less than beautiful display. It was morbid, but anything that was involving the end of someone else was always morbid in some way. With anticipation she watched him drop the offering and offered an appreciative smile. “Reiko Izuka.” She felt it was redundant to repeat where she hailed from. “You are right, I too am not, I know none other than puppies birthed recently who are native to this world.”

the staff team luvs u
04-16-2022, 08:37 PM

Just as the words fell from his lips about Vanderfell, Reiko was sure to put his worries to rest; mentioning that Vanderfell's kind was reasonable. Which was enough for Alexei. He felt somewhat bad that he'd even mentioned otherwise, but then again, always aired on the side of caution for those he did not know. The fisherman nodded along to the statement, his head cocking straight once more without the curiosity that flickered in his eyes. "Sorry. I'm sure they are. Letting you stay with them and all. I shouldn't have made quite assumptions. For so long, I've been on my own. I forget that not all I come across are as mean as I imagine them to be." Alexei, mostly, lived in a world of his own. Within his own head, he got caught a lot, often daydreaming. Which had been easier than staying in the lonely reality that fate had created for him. 

The man's face straightened as she mentioned her own pack going through changes. He'd ever been in one pack, and that felt like a millennium ago. Another lifetime perhaps, if this was death. Nonetheless, he knew change was something that would be forever. And for her to say so right off the bat, meant that at least she was being honest. "Understandable... Change is constant. It keeps us from staying the same.." 
Another issue that came with Alexei was his ramblings. When he got too comfortable or really too daydreamy, he'd fall into a rambling pattern, as if his anxiety fell away. 

Alexei's head tilted once again when she spoke; his eyes shone with confusion, but soon after, they widened with understanding. There was still a lot that he did not know, but he was sure the 'change' had come from something saddening. Her demeanor felt as if she was dampened, tired. And with the comment she'd made, his face reflected sadness and pity for what he did not know. "It's not my place but, it is much harder to be kind and peaceful than it is to be ferocious and uncivil.. Those who are kind have heart, and that is what most look for in a life that is always changing." He gave a weak smile, one that said he understood, that he knew what kindness did. It broke those who did not get in return, even though they desperately deserved it. "Sorry. I know I don't know you. I just -" His voice broke off and a kind gaze took place. "Those who are kind deserve kindness in return." He gave a small nose to the fish he'd gotten for her and kept his wary smile. A smile that had, too, been broken time and time again. Another reason he'd been alone, not too trusting of what might be good. 

Reiko Izuka. Alexei kept the information in the back of his mind, feeling he might need it. "It's nice to meet you, Reiko." His head bowed afterwards, formally, like he'd been taught by his mother. He looked back up at her, nodding at the information. It felt weird, in a way. For most not to be from here, but those birthed here natives. Almost like it couldn't be the afterlife if new life was being bred into the world. The thought twisted his mind, so he dropped it, letting it slip from his worries. "I hear that is very common." He hummed out, wondering how she had arrived here, how long it'd taken her to get settled into this new life. 

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-21-2022, 03:33 PM
She could sympathize with his sentiments on travelling and how hard the world was as a loner. After all, isn't that why the Empire and Shiroshika were made? To be a place to call home and feel safe, secure and comfortable enough to raise a family and not worry about everyone evaporating into thin air around you? Although the words "safe", "secure" and "comfortable" felt more like a farce than any words that could describe Shiroshika this past year... she held onto the belief it could someday be just that.

Just because some decided they were weak, painting them as villains for having enough of their nonsense; didn't mean their desires had changed. All the Empress could hope now is that the storm had passed and the turbulent air would fade. “No... Not all but many are. Your sentiments are well-founded Alexei.”

His thoughts of change weren't the exact ones she thought of in regards to Shiroshika's "changes" but he wasn't wrong. It was natural for individuals to adapt, grow and hopefully do so in a positive manner. This... well, their change was for self-preservation. After all, how could she raise children or bring new ones into this world if she felt their home was unsafe?

“It is... It seems I must learn how to be kind but strong.” Too long had she misplaced her trust in those undeserving. “No apologies necessary, your words are soothing after all that had occurred.” Even if he didn't know the whole story, it felt like for once she was being understood. Maybe his thoughts would change should he learn of what had transpired, but for now she found solace in this encounter.

“Do you... are you seeking residency somewhere Alexei?”

the staff team luvs u
04-25-2022, 01:02 PM

The wind gently brushed past Alexei, tussling the fur that seemed to be out of place. He was not unkept, but up in the mountains, the wind kept his pelt on the constant swivel, twisting and turning. To be fair, it had been a while since he'd groomed himself to perfection. There seemed to be no one to do it for besides himself, and well, he rarely ever looked at himself in the watery reflections he found so often. When she spoke, Alexei heeded her words, 'No... Not all but many are.' Had she too experienced an unkindness done by another? The question lingered in his head and he tried to imagine a life without betrayal, without distrust. And he then knew that it was unlikely no one would be without tragedy. It wouldn't forge who they are today without it. 

A small smile twitched onto his lips at the words that delicately fell from her lips. 'Aren't we all?' Were the words that formed in his head, but not out of spite. He truly felt as if they all needed to learn to be kind and to be strong. Which were two very hard things to balance, when to know and when to do. "I think that is something mastered after years of experience." A soft chuckle left his lips. "But we should all try to be more kind... to ourselves too. We grow stronger with forgiveness to ourselves, too." Without forgiveness for themselves, would they ever truly grow stronger? Not to forget, but to... let it not weigh on the shoulders so much that it tricks them into anger. Another thing that would take years to learn as well.

Though he is glad that after all, his words gave her some relief. Sometimes he felt as if his ramblings were nothing more than that. Rambles that wolves grew too bored with too fast. A stem of insecurity taking root in his throat, where he would close it to avoid others being run off because of him. But with Reiko, at least this wasn't the case. She could find something in the words he said, and that was what mattered. 

The fisherman's ears shot up at her next inquiry, his eyes brows knitting in tow of her question. And there he felt seen. Had it been that obvious? Had his jabbering come across as the climax of loneliness? Soon after, Alexei's face softened. "Yes." He felt as if he had to squeeze the words out of his chest. His heart caught in them. "Being a stranger is not all it's cracked up to be." A light-hearted joke on his end. Somewhere in him, there was a flutter. Finally he was getting to know these strange lands, and maybe he could finally find someone to confide in. So he wouldn't have to be so alone. 

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-01-2022, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2022, 09:38 PM by Reiko.)
She hummed a single tone at his comment on being kind. Not only to others but to themselves too. At one time she felt the same... but it seemed not all could see the efforts she would make. They would take it, twist it, play with it and use it against her and her kin. “Forgiveness can only go so far with others. But I cannot say you are completely wrong.” After all, she had physical and mental scars due to such beliefs. There were only so many she could forgive before she had learned her lesson that not all were deserving. From strangers to those who claimed to love her. Evil came in all shapes and sizes after all.

It was still unclear if she had grown bitter for the rest of her days, or if the wounds just needed to heal over and leave their respective scars as a reminder of how far her kindness could be taken. How little others cared for her desire to live in peace. That their selfish desires for "fun" or " power would always come first over their desires to be left to live in peace.

“Vanderfell and Shiroshika are open if you want to come and greet Ira along with the others. We are currently recovering, but our gates are always open to those who need it. I would steer clear of any young, and introduce yourself to Ira after I have announced your arrival... if you desire to of course.” The invitation was there, but she wouldn't force him to join neither. Ira needed to be told of anyone else crossing borders, she was understandably concerned with her children still being young as well as danger lurking.

the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 10:55 PM

The man opened his mouth to speak after the words of forgiveness left the ice queen's mouth. The healing scars on her face stopped him dead in his tracks. He could put two and two together. And it had seemed that betrayal or something of the sort had scarred her emotionally as well as physically. Violet eyes dart away to find somewhere else to stare, as the river's waters seemed to be nothing but a lullaby in the background. 

The man's attention was returned when the topic at hand came about. Reiko's voice told him about Shiroshika and Vanderfell Woods, both being open for business. The fisherman slowly nodded his head to this information. He knew little about the other pack, but from where he was standing - it was obviously Shiroshika who needed a leg-up, and Alexei enjoyed a challenge. Maybe it'd keep him out of his head for a while. Even though it'd never be long enough to keep him from faltering back to his daydreaming ways... 

Nonetheless, he kept his ears tuned into her words, taking note to keep away from everyone until he introduced himself to Ira - Vanderfell's leader. Alexei could understand that they were wary of strangers, even folks like him. Which he could understand since he probably came off very weird, quirky in ways weren't that common. "Of course -- I'd love to meet everyone when the time comes, especially after they've all healed." From whatever misfortune had occurred to the wolves of the north. "I suppose this means you'll have me?" He asks, with a tilt of his head, pulling himself to all fours as if ready to return or follow her lead almost immediately. His eyes still had a glow to them; lowly lit joy in the pit of his stomach, as his life here was finally starting to begin. 

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top