Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Everything is alright,

Midnight Sunny/Clear
AW
Discovery
Adventurer
04-10-2022, 04:56 AM
Stolen from the previous realm by a tornado itself — Miriam was sucked up into it's blight and she thought, she was to be dead. The whiplash wasn't even let her seen the wonders of the gusting wind, and she could only embrace herself, for what was to come.. But fate said otherwise, and the Goddess embraced her within this dear way as suddenly, that harsh air was gone. It stolen away her breathe and her very soul from the land she once thought she knew, and the travels she so wanted, and now, will surely get.

The night was high and so was the moon.. But so was she.

Within the air did she fall, a screaming of the lambs as though embraced by the moonlight, but it provided no comfort to her falling through. The only solace was the factor beneath her body was the pillows of the forest, and the luxurious grass to follow. Blades of purple petals floating within around as she impacted so, and the rest sadly being crushed underneath her own agouti colors.

How unfortunate. The birds woken up by the sudden noises chirped and fluttered away as the deer who rested nearby got up in a bleat, and ran like the wind that took her and brought her so. But surprisingly, she was relatively fine.. Though sour from that falling, but it wasn't so high where she would break bones. 

Miriam though was within an awe-struck, for when she looked around to see the beautiful garden of flowers within the forest.. It was not the same place she once was ; and utterly confused by the factor.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
Medic
04-10-2022, 06:16 AM
The woman had been moving through the land, collecting herbs as she went along. The area was something she was a little used to, but this exact spot was new to her. She found some dandelions, inspecting each of their bright leaves to make sure there were no bugs on them before carefully picking them. Her small rodent helper wasn't with her right now, so she didn't bother to try and gather the roots, not wanting to have to spend her whole day doing that. Thankfully, dandelions were abundant so she wasn't too worried. At least these she could dry and maybe put into a poultice later. She was the type of healer that had items ready in case there was an emergency. 

Along the way, she scoured the ground, watching the way the insects wondered to help find her some useful tools. First she would gather some cobwebs, careful to make sure there were no active spiders in them. That would most defiantly be bad for her patients. Along with that, he found some sturdy sticks. ones of different sizes but all that were strong and straight. They would be wonderful tools to aid broken bones. 

As she gathered, she heard something off in the distance, nose quick in the air to try and figure out what just happened. There was suddenly a wolf scent on the air. Regardless of any danger, Mystery rushed towards the scent, quickly finding the woman and very much wondering where she just came from. "Hello there miss, are you alright? Where... where did you come from?" She looked up into the sky as she said that, seeing the sunny and clear skies above them.

the staff team luvs u
PM me if I don't reply within 3 days.
Roslyn's Account
[Image: ezgif-5-4e47669b0e.gif]
Notes
Mystery has scars running from her shoulders to the middle of her back.
Her left ear is torn off and her tail bitten off half way.
Adventurer
Discovery
04-10-2022, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2022, 07:41 PM by Miriam. Edited 1 time in total.)
She gazed within a forest, scents so unfamiliar she didn't recognize it at all through her small travels. By no means did she think she was near the Orchid, for the tornado that sucked her away seemed to taken her far, far away. She knew by heart though the woman would not return to home anytime soon, as Miriam as absolute in her decision to the wandering life.. But it did bring curiosity, to why did the Goddess, sweep her away to the land?

The forest was silent, now that the fauna left in a haste to her sudden appearance. Only the occasional chirp of the crickets, and the buzzing of others bugs within the distance. Flowers, underneath her pelt as she was embraced by their scent and beauty ; for all around was the garden of eden that seemed to welcome her to this brand new land. She inhaled the sweet scents of so, lavender specifically following to her nose — and the scent of a wolf, approaching distances away.

She lay in the bed of flowers, and looked to the woman who rushed over. She smelled of a pack, not one who claimed this forest but one that definitely was unfamiliar.. Miriam wasn't so naive to not know what the mothers had told her — not all were peaceful, and she would be best to behave herself, and try not to step on their toes.

She was black as the night itself, but coated heavily with scars ; but she smelled of herbs and the familiar residue of a doctors den. A gentle soul, she thought, as the other rushed forward to see if she was fine. Miriam offered a slight smile, "Yes, I am fine," she assured the other, "it seems I was picked up by fate."

the staff team luvs u
04-11-2022, 06:13 AM
The woman instantly found herself glancing over the woman, her eyes scanning her body for any wounds. A quick sniff told her that she wasn't bleeding and after giving a quick circle, she was content with the fact that she wasn't injured. At least not any open wounds that would need instant attention. She would entirely understand if the girl didn't trust her, after all it wasn't hard to be afraid of the scarred up woman of the night. 

However, the woman seemed at peace at the moment, which made Mystery happy, she hated having the discussion that she wasn't going to harm them and indeed only wanted to help. She had that talk more times than she would like to admit. With a soft sigh, she would cock her head to the side, sitting herself down a few feet away from the woman to give her some breathing room. "I'm glad to see that you're alright. If it makes you feel any better, you aren't the first to randomly show up in these lands and you surely won't be the last." 

She tried her best to reassure the woman, a soft smile gracing her features as she spoke. "Do you need anything?"

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Adventurer
Discovery
04-11-2022, 07:49 PM
"Oh, really?" Tilting her head, a curious thought if more were like so? Miriam didn't think she was unique, but wouldn't have thought it was more common then but a few individuals, "that seems quite chaotic." Though she in particular came by a tornado, it sounded as if others had arrived by various methods — and thought, what was the Goddess planning? Or perhaps the world itself was luring people to it's grace? A magic pulling them all, that brought such a curiosity to what this land held that her eyes almost sparkled, from the excitement as she smiled lightly to the other — who was oh-so kind.

"Do you perhaps know where I am in particular?" With no information to go-by and the other smelling of Pack, Miriam asked politely if they knew so. Maybe they'd know the name of this forest.. Which was dazzled by flowers and charm itself, as the moonlight graced herself and the flora. She wondered if they greatly enjoyed the sun that would spotlight through, and if anything else grew in the beauty. She could hear the scurrying of young critters returning, most likely to scavenge what flowers were crushed around her.. "Pardon, I didn't introduce myself."

"I am Miriam, Miriam Iris Willows, a pleasure to meet you, and your help."

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-12-2022, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2022, 04:39 AM by mysterydead. Edited 1 time in total.)
She chuckled softly at the woman's words, nodding her head in agreement. "Yes, it can be quite startling to be honest, but the land is rather nice." She cocked her head to the side for a moment in reguards to the woman's question, thinking for a moment. Both Err and Aries had told her a bit about the land and the world, but she couldn't entirely remember what this exact location was called. 

"You are in the Temperate lands, not too far from my pack, Nightwalkers. I don't entirely know this places name, but I do know we're in a grove." She thought for a moment about her pack, gauging the woman in front of her. She didn't seem like a fighter so Mystery didn't want to bring her into a very heavily aggression based pack. 

"There's quite a few packs through this area, I believe three in total within the forest. Outside of the forest are some mountains, plains and past there, I'm not entirely sure." She hadn't gone too far outside of the forest and Aries wasn't the best at telling her everything. Not that she minded though.

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Adventurer
04-12-2022, 07:30 PM
"I see.." Relatively was taking it with ease as information was also given relatively easy, and simple enough. She was in a land she knew not, but was not the first, and seemed not to be the last. The Goddess, wisping her away to the dream she so thought — the live of a vagabond and adventure to await for. It seemed like in a literal sense, freed Miriam of the shakles of a homelife she may desire to go back to, for the girl was still young, and still a yearling gradually becoming of two years.. She had much to experience, and much to see.

"Praise be, to the Goddess." Who granted her such a love in a wishful sight, that it meant a new adventure to await. 

"You are very helpful, thank you." Miriam said with an honesty as she smiled to the other. There was a lot to take in, but at the very least information she gained without too much trouble. The maiden lifted her nose to the air, and thought if she could smell any of the packs nearby.. But alas, only the smell of herself and the other was there. There was three within this land, of forests and meadows that held packs of their own claims — and a name she gained, that was the Nightwalkers. The name itself brought a slight chill to thought, it sounded ominous, and yet the one before her who was part of it.. Was too nice to think it was something other then that.

the staff team luvs u
04-13-2022, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 03:29 AM by mysterydead.)
The scarred woman was a soft soul, though she could easily keep up in her pack of heathens without question. However, the beautiful girl in front of her seemed like she would be much too sweet for the Nightwalkers. With a soft nod, she smiled softly. "I'm always happy to help." She would glance up at the sky to gauge what time it was. The darkness around her was warming and welcoming to her. Still, they had been talking for a bit and she should get back to her pack. It was past midnight after all.

Standing up, she would stretch herself out before shaking out her fur. "Is there anything else I can help you with, my dear?" She would help the woman that fell out of the sky as much as she could, always wanting to help others.

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
Discovery
04-13-2022, 07:14 PM
"I think that's all to soothe my curiosity," she said smiling with a faint chuckle, and getting up from the position. Flower petals falling from her form, and sadly looked beneath to see even more crushed oned. How unfortunate, that she had fallen into such a pretty meadow, though they cushioned her fall, she felt the sacrifice wasn't worth it. The Goddess, would ensure her safety if it was meant to be, but perhaps just wished, a different location to be. Her ears twitched to the sound of the woodpecker upon the trees, as the light glimmered to it's red, black and white feathers ; unaware, or uncaring of the predators that were below. Her gaze lifted to it, before back to Mystery.

"May the Goddess be with you on your path, for surely She is watching you and your kindness."

the staff team luvs u
04-14-2022, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2022, 04:38 AM by mysterydead.)
The scarred woman offered a soft smile as she nodded, hearing that she had indeed answered all of her current questions. "That's good to hear, if you ever have any questions or need healing, feel free to come find me. I live within the Blackwood Reach, simply just tell them you're looking for me." She wasn't entirely confident in the fact that her pack wouldn't try something, but she was confident in the fact that she would whoop their asses if they did. She had been friendly to Mystery, so the healer made the decision that she would indeed be nice back. 

With a nod, the woman would turn to leave, a soft smile on her lips. "Thank you, and I hope your path is also watched over. Be safe." With that, she walked off with her pile of herbs, heading back to the pack as she figured she might as well get back home soon.
~Mystery exits

the staff team luvs u
Roslyn's Account
Notes
scroll to top