Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

The Long Way Around

Shiroshika
03-05-2022, 06:12 AM
Some time after his ordeal with Reiko and her little merry band of servants, Kuhn found his daily routine uninterrupted.  Hunt, sleep, eat, Valmua, and meet the occasional stranger, life was alright.  After-all, his kind was solitary, and it was better to not mess with the politics of wolves.

Just following his nose around, looking for something to kill, a wave of unpleasant memory washed over him.  It was the stink of the Tsukkiishi mountains and it wasn't any of the members of Shirioshika that he liked.  

Retching a bit, he decided to go and meet the impending problem head on.  He could feel some heat building in his face as his heart beat a bit harder.  His gate was full of involuntary rage as he left his tree-line for the open expanse, his tail lashing in irritation.  It wasn't hard to pick off, it was that little white rag's handmaiden.  The three legged one.  

Walking across the expanse his shoulders oscillated as he stepped, he walked to intercept the lone wolf, it wasn't like she could outrun him.  He was curious, what was she up to? 

the staff team luvs u
03-05-2022, 06:26 PM
 Gods this was exhausting but she wouldn't give up. She had a job, an important one. It breathed new life into the once-joyful she-wolf. Her body was tired but her eyes shown with a determined light. Although it flickered briefly into annoyance when she realized how close she was to the Everfrost. She could smell that disgusting tiger around and the last thing she wanted to do was run into him.

Reiko had bid that they not go through his territory, and she'd gladly follow that rule and go around. It was longer but well worth it to not run into--

Are you fucking kidding me?

She could see him slinking out of the trees, through the snow, directly into her path, with purpose. She wasn't in his stupid territory, and frankly, she wanted fuck-all to do with him at this point. Irritating, pet, wolf-whipped, fucking tiger! Ugh!

Her hackles rose from her annoyance as she grit her teeth and swung towards the east, trying deliberately to go around him and ignore him. She hoped he would get the hint and let her walk off.

It wasn't as if she could outrun him if he really wanted to talk to her though.

Still, she kept her eyes on the horizon and away from him as she tried to pretend like that black-striped feline didn't exist. If he wanted to kill her there was nothing, absolutely nothing, she could do about it but damn she'd go out on her own fucking terms. Not cowering, not pleading, not begging him to let her go. She'd do it by ignoring the fuck out of him. SO FUCK HIM!

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.gif]
03-05-2022, 09:29 PM
It wasn't that he wanted to know what Reiko was up too, in fact he would rather forget about the little turd, and leave her to bask in the adoration of her servants. Talking to whoever this was, would be practical, it would be good to keep track of the situation.

Obviously, the three legged wolf was doing their best to ignore his presence. It was almost comical in a way that that Reiko would send a three legged wolf the long way around, to hobble across the open tundra, it really spoke to her values as a leader.

Walking up to her side regardless of if she stopped or not, "Taking the long way around?" he asked half in jest.
the staff team luvs u
03-05-2022, 10:55 PM
You said the thing that's the thread title... I am way too amused

Why couldn't things in the universe just line up with her for once. Why couldn't he just not be a tool? It was clear she didn't want to talk yet here he was sauntering his orange ass over here. She still tried valiantly to ignore him and her pace would pick up just a hair... but it didn't matter one teensy bit. There he was, walking right next to her like they were old pals.

The falcon closed her eyes and took in a deep breath before letting out a long-suffering sigh. Her eyes opened again when he said those words to her, and she cut her gaze at him from the side. Glaring, with everything that she could muster.

She never stopped walking, just kept going. "Shouldn't you be somewhere else sniffing Valmua's farts?" She hissed through her teeth. Ignoring didn't work, maybe being an ass would. "And not harrassing pack wolves hostile to you?" Did he just love making everything worse?

the staff team luvs u
03-06-2022, 12:19 AM
Walking at her side for a moment, what she said caused him to miss a few steps as she continued on. It took his mind a moment to process her comment about farts. He had to admit, that burn was pretty funny.

He smiled as he doubled his pace for a moment coming back to her side, just shaking his head, still a bit amused.

"So we are hostile now? Does that mean we are supposed to fight?" ,his tone changing.

"Your kind is so strange, what did I ever do to you? Did your master send you out here?"
the staff team luvs u
03-06-2022, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 12:53 AM by Gyrfalcon. Edited 1 time in total.)
 For a second, she thought it worked. That her comment had hurt his widdle kitty-feelings and that he'd turned around to go home and cry. It would be rather amusing it if had but she knew he would be right back at her like a tick.

And there he was. She didn't even have to turn her head as he fell into step beside her again.

She lowered her head, eyes rolling so far that it was amazing they didn't end up in another zip code. Where was a fucking warrior when you needed one? "No. It means leave me the fuck alone and stop pestering me!" She stopped and looked sharply at him, fur puffing up in her irritation. "Why are you bothering me?! Can't you and your red bitch get your kicks somewhere else without messing with us?! What the fuck have we done to you!?" She yelled at him, temper reaching a fever pitch as --in her eyes-- he feigned ignorance. "All you and Valmua do is fuck with us and our territory! Just leave us alone!" Her tail raised as she prepared to "stomp" off, although that was rather difficult to do with only one foreleg. Still, she managed the "I'm angry leave me alone walk" quite well.

the staff team luvs u
03-06-2022, 06:52 AM
It was starting to make sense now, part of the problem is that most wolves in the region seemed to have lost their fear of him.
Things have changed since knowledge of his diet had seemed to spread. Seemingly, some seemed only responded to the fear of force or the will to power. Apparently incapable of just giving him a basic level of respect that one would attribute to a neighbor, he supposed he couldn't blame them, most didn't even seem to have opinions of their own, simply inheriting what they are supposed to feel from some master.

"Our... Territory, don't you mean Reiko's?" he said, his brows arching down, coming to a stop with her.

"Are those even -your- words, or do your thoughts benefit someone else?" , for awhile more he would follow her, despite her mood reflected in her walk.
the staff team luvs u
03-06-2022, 05:37 PM
 The fuck was he getting about now? Why was he trying this whole goddamn philosopher's stance?! It didn't make any sense for someone who couldn't think for their own and just followed around their bitch. She stopped again to look at him lots of starting and stopping today with her face creased into an incredulous look. "It's my thoughts that you and Valmua are assholes. That Valmua is an inconsiderate pillbug that gets off on fucking with our territory. Because it's all of ours! All of us Shiroshikans live there." Incredulousness gone, she marched up to him and wrinkled her snout in his face. Yes, he could bite it off but it'd probably be doing her a favor at this point. Maybe she'd bleed out on the ground. "That you are nothing but her pet to follow her around as she wishes! She stole our fucking prey and you hopped up behind her like a lapdog! Threatened others on her behalf even though she was so clearly in the wrong! I'm sure you felt so fucking tough threatening yearlings and a cripple! If Reiko's my master then she's yours since when she does wrong, you follow her the fuck around like she's got everything figured out!" And now she was on it. Pacing this way and that in front of him, tail swishing and teeth clacking as she spit vitriol. "Reiko is my queen and I'll fucking gladly do as she asks because I know she has everyone's wellbeing in mind! But my thoughts are my own and they're that you two aren't anything but fucking trouble! Like now! I have a mission and YOU'RE HOLDING ME UP! So what the fuck do you really want? Did Valmua put you up to this? Did she poison your brain so you can't think for yourself?" Fucking relationship ruiners! Trespassers! Stealers!

the staff team luvs u
03-07-2022, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 12:46 AM by Kuhn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Once again he came to a stop with her, his tail swaying. Even though she was right up in his face, he let her finish. Then he smiled.

"Ha... Hahahaha" he laughed, his face drawn in a darkly amused smile.

"I can't believe your little pack.Who cares so much about that bite of food, which by the way I did not take. Also, I tried to pay it back even though none of your little shitty kills got eaten."

Leaning in closer his smile slowly changed into more of a baring of teeth as he spoke more.

"As for my threat... I don't regret it at all. It's because people like you will go to war over the smallest shit. I was threatened first by Reiko's brat daughter, and I don't care if she is a yearling, she has a crown on her head. So she would pay, not you. Funny how nobody gets hurt when you threaten the leader. "

Taking a step back he seemed to calm some after getting that off his chest. "As for you, you can choose to take the long way around, or not be stupid."
the staff team luvs u
03-07-2022, 04:18 AM
 Her eyes were slits as he laughed in her face. Oh? This was funny? If she were a cat, her tail would be lashing back and forth but her ears just pinned and there was an angry curl to her muzzle with a snarl threatening to break through. "It doesn't matter if you took it or not. Valmua did and you were with her, condoning her actions. So, you're just as guilty as she is. We don't need your shitty peace-offerings, we need you to stop being a terrible piece of shit and take responsibility for the stunt you both pulled." Or at this point, it was probably a moot point. She thought his word was as good as a piece of mouse dung and he was clearly --by choice or not-- refusing to see anyone else's point of view. Not that she was the most diplomatic soul in the world... probably the opposite, actually.

He leaned in towards her, baring his teeth and rather than pull away, she returned the gesture in kind. Fuck him if he thought he was going to intimidate her. "She threatened you because you wandered into someone else's territory with someone blantantly breaking rules and flaunting it. If you think you have any right to threaten someone in their own territory when you're doing wrong, then you're as batshit crazy as your stupid friend and ten times dumber to boot." It was pointless talking with him, she was going to get a fucking headache at this rate. She was pissed and annoyed and tired and talking to him was just a waste of her fucking time!

In response to his charity she snorted and said, "Go fuck yourself." And turned and walked off towards Tsukiishi, nose in the air and tail up. She'd walk ten thousand miles more if it meant getting away from his stupid ass.

the staff team luvs u
03-07-2022, 08:02 PM
She was back in his face in an instant, Kuhn knew she was enraged. If she didn't want to actually talk about it then he might as well crack another smile, entertained by her anger.

"If your stupid herd, thinks I condoned what she did, than your rules should be fucked..."

He simply watched her turn tail, the cat just idling, still holding a smile, "I hope you live a thousand years... Oh, tell your master I regret nothing."

the staff team luvs u
03-07-2022, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 11:38 PM by Gyrfalcon.)
 What a stupid cat! She glared at the horizon, nose still up in the air. "And I wish you ten billion more years of choking on Valmua's turds!" And then she would continue on, invigorated with anger. Ready to tell Reiko exactly what the stubborn tiger had said.

-exit stage right-

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top