Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Almost, almost,

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
AW
Adventurer
11-02-2021, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 08:08 PM by Uriel.)
In curiosity she looked beyond what was the golden glade. None to her surprise most was but endless plains, the occasionally tall grass of tree in the mixture.. Sometimes she could see herds within the distance, though when they see her near many times they would put a greater distance, or snort in a hostility. There would be a time, as all wolves do, would hunt — but not alone, and especially not when that was not her inquiry for the day. Uriel was a bit too curious what was beyond the plains..

Then she found a lake. She found a stream and out of curiosity started to follow it, but it seemed it was just one of many connected to the center of it all, a hole of a lake — large and wide that when Uriel could squint enough, she viewed a herd of elk on a corner, and a flock of geese in the other. It seemed she found where many lay claim to within these endless lands, and noted deeply, to the day they needed food beyond the rest and glade.

the staff team luvs u
11-02-2021, 08:20 PM
 "Oh, hiya miss lady!" How long had she been standing right beside the woman? She didn't know, she also didn't care! New friend! "Do you like the watering hole? Sometimes I come here to catch frogs! No one really likes to eat them though... But that's okay! I'm Nimbus! You're pretty!" Did she know how to shut up? Nope! But it had been soooo long since she talked to someone that wasn't Meissa, and Meissa was sort of a depressing blob of 'where is my husband' when she should have been worrying about why her kids looked like poster children for unknown illnesses. Cute illnesses! Wait.

Nimbus blanked, tail still wagging but clearly lost on a cloud somewhere in the sky.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
11-02-2021, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 08:32 PM by Uriel. Edited 1 time in total.)
She was startled, jumping just a bit at the sudden voice beside herself. Uriel could feel her heart beating, like a drumset as an all-too energetic voice greeted her so, something she was definitely not used to. So far those gathered at the glade held a calming serenity, and even the few she met carried more of a chill then of the energy of a thousand suns — like this one had. It took a moment for golden woman to calm herself, a paw to her chest as she had an 'oh my,' sort of look before dropping to a more gentle, smile.

"Hello there," though it was a question.. They were an odd looking one, with short legs and short tail, far smaller then any wolf she has seen. Uriel was unaware what a dog was, much less of a corgi to that matter. It was more of a concern if anything, but it'd be quite rude to point out another's appearance — something that could not be helped. If one couldn't fix it immediately, she found it best to remain unsaid.

"It's my first time visiting," she said, a gaze crossing to the lake and eyeing the flying geese before turning back to the other, an ear flickering while listening to her frog speech, "why thank you, you are quite beautiful as well," and that wasn't a lie, even if the appearance did momentarily surprise her. The other, dubbed as Nimbus, held a gentle coat, it looked soft — plush to the touch especially to her upper and lower body. It was a wonder if it would be rude to say she was.. Cute?

"I am Uriel, it's a pleasure, Nimbus," she greeted politely.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top