Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
'cause I'm a man and I can think what the hell I want

Sunset Drizzle/Rain
P
10-26-2021, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 10:47 PM by Vengeance. Edited 1 time in total.)
@Remus Set somewhere in the empty space between the mountain, Blackwood and Royal Wisterian Woodland

^^
The sun began its descent over the mountains, and the smell of petrichor announced the arrival of rain before he could feel it collecting onto his back. The last few bats of the season could be seen flying around, catching their final prey before finding somewhere else warm to wait out the winter freeze.

Another day was taken to stretch his legs out of the Reach. Things had been settling fairly well - but peace was not something he relished in. It was far too quiet for his liking and he was certain the others within the mist felt the same restlessness he did. It ached through his bones like some kind of acid, burning from the inside out bringing him to a near madness at the boredom of it all. 

What was the point of a kingdom if all he did was sit within its borders watching the outside world fly by peacefully? Not knowing of the nightmares that lurked in the shadows unseen shrouded by the haze of the reach. It was almost enough for him to begin setting his eyes on the Elkshire wolves... wondering if this treaty would be worth some kind of excitement to flood his veins, or if waiting for some other to roam a little too close would be better.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
Paladin
Nightwalkers
Elkshire
11-02-2021, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 08:16 PM by Remus.)
Nothing was atypical for Remus, holding to his slow and steady patrol of the Elkshire borders. Remus lugged his honed frame onward.

He mused over what it might be like to just pick a direction and walk off. Elkshire hardly felt like a worthy course these days, only serving a mad queen and her strange little whims. Marching onward was an idle task and served to keep the centurions mind at bay.

That was until he saw it, and smelt it, the barbari, the boogyman. There across no man's land was Vengeance, the perfect match made in hell for the mad queen he currently served.

Remus acknowledged the man, but kept his pace, his face showing nothing for the displeasure he felt for this man and his gang of bandits.
the staff team luvs u
11-02-2021, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 10:46 PM by Vengeance. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
It seems if one was to think of the Elkshire kind, they would certainly appear. One of the brunettes that roamed the queen’s lands wandered his way through the mountain’s shadow and over into the no man’s land between their claims.
The one he spotted and kept an eye on as the two men roamed aimlessly in this desolate piece of land, was the silent guard that had rightfully kept his mouth shut when called upon when their delinquent was delivered back to their queen after an insulting run through Nightwalker woods. Out of all the individuals at that impromptu meeting, this one was the best of them… minus the King herself.

Little was known of many of the Elkshire kind. One was a pretty little brunette who had delivered a message to the Reach of the traitors - but other than that, he knew very little of them. Who these wolves were that was raising his children alongside the elk queen.

“You are of Elkshire.”” He’d break the silence as soon as they were close enough to speak. This was perhaps one of his few chances to speak with them without Célnes hovering over their shoulders. Few wandered more North than this and he didn’t travel much South after the mountains’ base unless visiting Célnes.

“Tell me, what do you think of Célnes and of the pack you have pledged yourself to?”
^^
Total Words: 232

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
Paladin
11-05-2021, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately, it seemed his quiet and diligent guarding today had been spoiled.  The man was actually trying to talk to him. Remus was accustomed to diplomacy and could speak to someone he didn't like if he had too. Though, he would prefer if others did if for him.   Unfortunately, it was just him here.  

"I am of Elkshire as of now, Yes " He responded precisely, still keeping his pace parallel to the border line.  Still he didn't actually want to stop and talk with this barbarian, he had a border to patrol. 

The guards ear perked up and he stopped in his tracks at the bogyman's next statement 'pledge'.  Remus had done no such thing, for the time being he was only a hired hand.  He would never pledge to such scum. 

"I have pledged nothing, I have been hired for my diligence. Nothing more." 
the staff team luvs u
11-06-2021, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 10:46 PM by Vengeance. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
"As of now", the man said. An interesting choice of words... It was clear that the guardian of Elkshire didn't want to talk to the Boss of the Nightwalkers - which was a shame for him, for the Boss wanted to talk to him and such an attitude would not get him far other than on the Warlord's bad side. Vengeance himself was not much for diplomacy, it was boring and he would much rather throw his weight around to get his way. 

At least that way they knew he meant business. To listen and obey was the only way to avoid his wrath. Words were pretty and cheap, and of all individuals, Vengeance knew that they weren't worth much coming from a liar. 

“An interesting choice of words.” He mused out loud, making sure the other knew he was attentive enough to pick through his words carefully. “If you do not pledge your loyalty to Célnes and Elkshire, then why have you chosen them as your pack?” Was it only convenience? There were many other packs he could have chosen instead.

So colour Vengeance intrigued to hearing this man out. How far could the Warlord get this one to talk before something could be of use?
^^
the staff team luvs u
11-06-2021, 07:01 PM
Never had Remus been a fan of telling lies, If he would speak it would be earnest and precise. It seemed that the simple warlord was more attentive than he would have first guessed. Remus too was now intrigued.

This man was still scum and Remus kept that silently in the back of his mind. Though there was a certain thrill to know that there was at least another competent leader in the area, unlike the queen, who had time and time failed to keep a cohesive structure in her claim. So this man was the one who was propping up that useless bitch.

"Mmm... I am loyal to my word, and no nation. At the moment I have found no nation worthy of pledging loyalty to." , he offered as an earnest elaboration. Sometimes it was best to show your cards. Besides, Celenes already knew.

After laying his cards on the table, Remus turned to the barbarian with a cold analytical stare. "Tell me Vengeance, why haven't you taken Elkshire. It's practically undefended and ripe for the taking." Perhaps this man was like him and liked to deal in absolutes.
the staff team luvs u
11-17-2021, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 10:46 PM by Vengeance. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
Unlike Remus, Vengeance was the type of man to keep his cards close to his chest and would only reveal them one at a time when the moment was right. When he could profit from them as opposed to losing whatever was at stake. Honesty got you nowhere with most, only leaving you vulnerable to their own plans and desires. Something the Warlord would often take advantage of as well when an opportunity was given to him, much like this one.

“I still have use for them.” For now. Although his patience was waning and so was his desire for action. He was a Warlord after all. Only truly able to feel alive during times of bloodshed and conflict. “However...” He'd continue slowly. Letting his words tumble out of blackened lips as he pondered out loud for Remus to digest. “Célnes believes that the life we have created had strengthened our bond.” The grin that found its way to his maw suggested otherwise.

“You are right. I can invade at any moment and take whatever I desire, however, I would much rather use what I have until their usefulness runs out. What say you, one without loyalty to the elk crown, to make sure my children know of me, their father - and in exchange you will be granted immunity should we decide to conquer Elkshire.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
11-19-2021, 08:09 PM
Ah yes, the warlord. As tactful as he was, he was still scum. How Remus wished he had a legion of his own, so that he could match through this godforsaken wood and put both this monster and his bitch under the boot of justice and order.

Alas, the world was not that place, and sometimes one had to deal in practicality. Remus didn't care that the man had no loyalty to Celenes, he expected as much. Though for all the warlord's shortcomings he asked a rather humble request, seeming to have a fartherly concern for his children.

"I don't expect immunity from you Vengeance, though as a fellow warrior I will tell your children of you."

the staff team luvs u
11-21-2021, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 10:46 PM by Vengeance. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
“Pretty bold of you to turn down immunity.” He said almost mockingly. It was confusing to think why he would. Would he fight for Célnes after all? Did he think without the impunity that he would be okay should the Nightwalkers make a move on Elkshire? Ultimately it was his decision if he wanted to fight for his life like the other elk-kin, it also meant that Vengeance would get what he wanted out of this without much effort on his end...

Something he always enjoyed.

“Bring them to my keep when they are old enough to travel, I will at least feed you for your work.” The more time he would spend with the little gremlins, the more likely they wouldn't all choose to remain at Célnes' side. If he could take a few into the Nightwalker's clutches, it would be good enough for the Boss of the mist.
^^
the staff team luvs u
11-21-2021, 07:23 PM
"Bold? Do you think that I value your word Vengeance?" Remus figured that even if the immunity had been given, it was unlikely that the warlord would honor it, such scum as him would likely use such a promise to keep Remus out of the fight, if the time came. The warlord would likely tie up the loose ends later. If that time did come Remus looked forward to spilling the blood of as many of these savages as he could, not for any pride in elkshire but for his honor as a man and warrior.

"For what it's worth Vengeance... I will still help you with your children. It isn't right for them to be raised as bastards while their father still breaths."
the staff team luvs u
11-23-2021, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 10:46 PM by Vengeance. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
“You can see it however you wish, but is it not better than being treated like the rest when the time comes? Or at least even take the chance that it might be true.” Remus was a clever one. They didn't know one another at all and yet ht was still wise enough to know that Vengeance didn't value his word very often if it at all provided that it gained him something in return. But still... why turn it down? Only a fool would do so instead of grasping at the chance, to remain weary in silence as opposed to being used as a fool.

Oh if only Remus knew. The many bastards that ran around after the Warlord's wake. His reasons for being a part of Célnes' kids' lives weren't all that honourable as opposed to the selfish desire to take what she might have wanted to be hers and hers alone. “Very well, call for me when it is time and I will answer.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
11-29-2021, 10:11 PM
"If the time comes, you will do as you wish, one way or another." Remus, would not concede anything to such a walking pile of scum. To the hardened guard honor was more important than security and he would not stroke the ego of a mange infested rat. Vengeance would spare who he pleased, regardless of what he said, and Remus wanted his fill of blood

"Goodbye." Remus stated plainly calmly returning to his patrol.

Still, as bad as the warlord was, the mad queen was somehow worse. Her little kingdom of lies, her delusional religion, and constant whims. It would be fitting to see the two together, so that Celenes could be nothing more than Vengance's bitch. A paper empire, only those like Remus would inhabit. Just a place to go for those who didn't know where else to go. It was all just one more reason to want to march into the horizon.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top