Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
When you touch me that way,

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
AW
10-24-2021, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2021, 05:46 PM by Uriel. Edited 1 time in total.)
A breeze rustled through her golden pelt — the cold attempting to penetrate was what her thick fur. Though she should be thankful to be that of a wolf with a fine pelt, for though the Tundra was not a place Uriel was used to.. She could feel her body adjusting through and gradually taking an enjoyment of it. When she thought to go elsewhere, it was like a pull refraining from her to go. Like something was keeping her into this land.

She knew not what it was, but tried to find it. Beyond that of the land of the cold, she could see through a silver gaze mountains beyond, where the snow seemingly did not reach. Uriel turned away, a venture back into the tundrian land in a prowling of curiosity, and looked. A survivor, she would continue on even if the others had damned to her death, to renew what once was.

She will survive.

the staff team luvs u
10-25-2021, 05:40 AM
Something was wrong.

A flash of lights, colors swirling, she could feel the wind in her fur.

Had she been running? No...falling? Gwen tried to make sense of it, but no matter how hard she tried her eyes wouldn't focus.

And then it was dark.

What came next was just the echo of time, a chill coursing through her body as she lay with heavy limbs. Amongst the barren tundra, she was nothing but a bump in the road, her body strewn beneath a lone tree while a coating of snow lingered atop her pelt. If one wasn't looking they could miss her, though soon she would start to shift. A short breath was sucked into her lungs, exhaled with a groggy groan and soon she would sniff, her eyes cracking open as the blinding light filled her senses.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
10-25-2021, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2021, 05:46 PM by Uriel. Edited 1 time in total.)
Uriel was startled, her trecking through the snow seemed lonesome, with no other besides herself in the area. The snow moved — she would of thought it was a sleeping hare if not for the peach fur that stained between the white pile. 

It was a wolf.

Cautiously, she approached, a small chuff of noise as she stepped closer, alerting the other of her presence. She did not want to scare them, but.. It faintly reminded her of her own appearance, where she was beneath the snow, awakening in but an unknown land.

"Do you need help?" a soft-touch voice, as she stepped before the awakening body.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
10-25-2021, 07:12 PM
A figure seemed to loom nearby, her voice muffled at first though by the end of her question she was able to make out the last of her words.

Need help?

Huh—? Gwen blinked as she rose her head, the world swaying for a moment before it too balanced out. Silver eyes peered her way surrounded by the warmth of a winter's sun...and maybe it really was. The reason for her chilled bones would soon become apparent as she recognized the landscape of snow.

But hadn't it been...summer? Fall? She could only groan under her breath as the truth slipped away. No matter how hard she reached it seemed her memories moved just another step out of her grasp. Ah...no, no I'm alright. Well she was stubborn apparently. Once more she shifted, snow slipping from her body as she tried to find her footing, albeit shakily.

Where is...this? With a light gesture to the land around them, she took a moment to shake her pelt, freeing herself from any lingering snow. Things still seemed hazy, though she was almost certain she hadn't been in some empty tundra beforehand.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
10-25-2021, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2021, 05:46 PM by Uriel. Edited 1 time in total.)
She was sun-kissed, by hailed more like that of a fresh day with a blue-gaze that met her own. Far more to the plains then like the north, as she was peach-loved by her tones. Though young, Uriel noted, she was not someone of an adult age many would say, but a fresh yearling in the making. It brought a wonder, a curious look around for any that may be nearby as a guardian, or even a scent.. But there was nothing, an indication she was by herself — a loner. 

As the other denied such helped, she got up with a wobble.. Uriel moved slightly toward to offer that of a support if needed, though was greeted with the shaking and face of snow. Not minding so she just smiled, wiping away the mess that was, "We are in the northern region," the golden woman said, "though I only too, came here recently." As she gazed around to the evergreens, though no name was given for she was the first to be met in this forest.. Uriel too, did not know much of the land itself, and could offer but a pitiful smile at the lacking of information.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
10-26-2021, 06:34 AM
Despite her words, the other stepped closer to help. Something she would have shirked off had she actually gone through with her efforts, but she seemed to stop short. Yeah, I can see that much. Though her words could have been seen as hostile there was no bite to her tone as the young woman tried to pick out any notable landmarks. Few mountains dotted the distance and the same could be said for the trees.

What remained after that was more or less a sea of white. You came here though, so what direction is out of here? It wasn't the cold that bothered her, but she wasn't exactly a fan of how she stuck out like a sore thumb against the blinding powder. If she had walked her herself it was clear she didn't remember doing so or she wouldn't have to ask. Actually... just how long had she been laying here to grow a coating of snow?

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
10-26-2021, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2021, 05:47 PM by Uriel. Edited 1 time in total.)
Though tough-touched as it was, Uriel knew the other was most likely confused, just as she was. Even still more she was still albeit a bit lost, but would remain unphased by such questions and desire to help — and offer what little information she held. A small smile, a touch of reassurance, "A calm out there, I have yet to meet troubles, and mostly of loners."

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
10-29-2021, 09:08 AM
Rightttt, what a vague way to not answer her question. Calm though...she could work with that. Better than packs who want to bite your face off for simply breathing the same air. The woman had confirmed before that they were somewhere north so really traveling south would get her somewhere more comfortable. Gwen couldn't help but hope it wasn't the middle of winter everywhere though or figuring out this mess of hers would quickly go from inconvenient to pain in the ass.

Cool, cool, well uhhh, I guess I'll be fine then. If you have nothing else to pass on then I think I'm just gonna goooo— Sitting here freezing her ass off wasn't going to do her any good and if she was new to the area then she wouldn't be able to offer much that she couldn't figure out on her own. Providing she actually had nothing else for her, she'd do a quick glance to the sky looking for the sun's position to find her way before heading south.

Good luck with uh, Where was she going? Hell did she even mention what she was doing? It hadn't exactly been a very personal encounter, but she wasn't torn up about it. yeah— Awkward. Not wanting to dawdle on her embarrassing moment, Gwen decided she was better off not waiting and moved on.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
10-29-2021, 04:36 PM
Accidently so she had misheard what the other said — though then, Uriel too did not know what was beyond that of the tundra. Only waking up that so many days ago, her assessment was that it was a very large arctic, where snow seemed to be around and the place haunted with mysteries. Yet, surprisingly coated with wolves of the sorts, loners drifting and claiming and the very she smelled that were pack, were fleeting. 

"Apologies I am not much help," she offered a sympathetic smile, "I too only appeared here some days ago," and explained so. Though the other perhaps held a discomfort, some occasional pauses with the stuttering of so, and Uriel said nothing of so.. Many would be disturbed waking up to a random wolf, "if you need any assistance i'm usually within the area," she then offered though, not minding but a helping paw if the other requested, especially to get onto her feet in this.. Strange land.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top