Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
i'm sorry, the old taylor can't come to the phone right now

Evening Overcast
AW
Elkshire
10-22-2021, 02:57 PM
AW but @Teodora as well!

As the days stretched on, Augustus knew it was only a matter of time. Eventually he would need to strike out on his own and find answers to his questions. For weeks now he had put the inevitable off, worried he might accidentally stray back into the hands of a master hellbent on shackling him once more. He was not a coward by any means, but what kind of daft fool would he have been to strut back into chains? For whatever reason, Augustus was free -- free for the first time in his life. It wasn't something he was willing to simply toss aside, and so he took extra caution when approaching the borders of his first target. There were dozens of scents, none of which stood out or triggered something in his memories. The gladiator stood silently as he shifted through them, his gaze narrowed in on the shadowy territory. Who lived here? Where even was here? A thousand questions without answers, Augustus woofed softly into the woods to see what he could find.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
10-22-2021, 06:12 PM
"It seems you've wandered a bit too close to the Elkshire claim." She could smell a lingerer upon the borders, though did not know yet if they stepped through.. She couldn't help not already going toward, especially when an audible woof came echoing through the woods, a curious wolf toward the elken claim. Emerging from the shadows, her head held high while greeting such a lukewarm man, he reminding do vaguely of a guard she knew long ago, but in the end, Celnes knew he was not the same.

A smile gently clung to the corner of her lips, greeting such a stranger with a proud posture of the Queen that she was. Would such a man call out without a reason, especially so close to her claim? She wondered if he was either someone probbing about them, or a potential recruit.

the staff team luvs u
10-22-2021, 07:50 PM
A woman dressed in darkness arrived soon enough, her mete presence resonating eloquence and sophistication. Augustus would easily have pegged her for a master had she not greeted him so politely -- and yes, saying he was nearly trespassing was polite. She did not immediately tear him down or refer to him as the scum of the earth, and so there was only slight hesitance as he studied her. Did she belong to a master, the bedazzled eyepiece of her husband? He couldn't tell and there was only one way to find out, sadly enough.

"I mean no offense, Domina," the man murmured, certain that regardless of her husband, she was a highly ranked woman. "I've only come to see if anyone might be able to give me the name of this place and the surrounding areas. I woke here just shy of two weeks ago. My name is Augustus." Entertainer extraordinare, resident confused guy, hungry as fuck.

@Célnes

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
10-22-2021, 07:56 PM
She in general, knew little about languages beyond that of English, and thought she heard of them and gained some knowledge of some, most still remained a blissful dream of what they could be. She spoke of none besides the main language that seemed to surround the land, and was curious of his own, when she heard Domina. Though smile remained unchanged, and her posture gently loosened away from the more curious man.. It seemed he wasn't that of an intruder, and was indeed someone simply curious of what was around. Nonetheless even so, she continued to keep a more grand posture, one of an Alpha of a pack then a measly common rank - for not only she was used to, but Celnes must always present as someone who owns that of a forest, to which she heavily guards herself alongside with others.

"I am Célnes Déorwine, and this is known as The Elk's Crown," she said, gazing back to her forest before once more meeting his own gaze, "where Elkshire claims that, and the Royal Wisterian Woodlands, and Sleeping Doe's Range."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top