Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Bumblebee & Butterfly

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
P
10-22-2021, 12:51 AM
 This was exactly what she needed. A day away from the snowy tundra to get away from where it had happened. It had been a little longer than a week but did that matter? They were finally out and enjoying time together to go to the beach. To enjoy each others' company and to have fun.

It was best to not have all of those looks upon her and to just enjoy being... herself? Maybe not quite herself but something close to it. It would be better if it wasn't so difficult to walk so far. She grew tired much faster than normal, and struggled over different parts of the terrain but she doggedly did her best. She would try not to slow them up too much. They would walk and rest when they needed to. It was certainly more than a day's journey from Shiroshika to the coast but they made it to warmer environs.

When they landed upon the beach in the afternoon, Gyrfalcon let herself rest with her three paws buried in the sand. The wind billowed her fur out while she lifted her head into the air, nose skyward as she inhaled the salty scent of the landscape. It smelled so nice.

Yes, this vacation was lovely already. "Can we just live out here forever?" She could just leave and forget everything had ever happened.

Heh... yeah right.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.gif]
10-23-2021, 06:17 PM
^^It had finally been a week, or a little longer, and the two girls from Shiroshika were finally going on their date and having the time of their lives and precisely the same exact time in which Vera was going ham on Reiko’s leg. They were away from home; too far away to hear the calls, and too far away to think about all of that drama that would unfold and precisely the moment of their return.

They’d gone from the chilly atmosphere of the tundra, to that of the mountains, where the beach was. And Cirilla had gathered some red flowers - maybe they were carnations, maybe they weren’t, who knows - and she dressed her Butterfly with the flowers. They would walk and try to built up Gry’s endurance, though Cirilla was patient, not once complaining when Gry needed to rest.

The two were curled on the beach, just taking in the view, and enjoying the company of each other. It was nice and almost romantic. “Maybe one day.” Cirilla barked a nervous laugh, unsure if she was being serious or not.
^^
the staff team luvs u
10-23-2021, 07:55 PM
 Throughout the whole trip, Cirilla never lost patience or her kindness for the somewhat grumpy she-wolf. They moved along together with understanding. Gyrfalcon allowed the decoration of her fur because, well, it felt normal. Cirilla made her feel normal again. The whole trip was to get away and to build her endurance but while she was focusing on Cirilla, she didn't have to think about that. She only had to enjoy herself.

It felt so nice just to lay here near each other. For a moment, she didn't know if she was serious or not. What would it be like if they did leave? Who would even take someone like her with no skills? There was only Shiroshika and Reiko's pity. Hell, everyone's pity. She would sigh and then let out a breathy laugh as well, playing it off as just a joke. Like a breath on the wind. "Maybe we'll find a place where it's spring all the time and the prey's fat and slow." She thumped her tail once, watching as a crab scuttled across the sand in front of them.

"You know... this is my first ever date." She said, admitting the information with a smile. There had been wolves she'd liked before but they never stuck around long enough for her to do anything about it.

the staff team luvs u
10-24-2021, 03:51 AM
^^It felt normal to Gyrfalcon, but it was perfectly normal to Cirilla, because there was nothing abnormal here. It was perfectly normal for canines to have three legs under certain circumstances. She was the victim of a very brutal attack that Cirilla would eventually figure out. Had this been any other date, Cirilla would have done the same thing, and red just happened to be the Butterfly’s color.

Cirilla was the type of canine that would do anything for love. If the two of them were serious enough, and if she had wanted to live on the beach, Cirilla would have followed. “Yeah, perhaps.. ” Cirilla commented lightly, though she didn’t care much for spring; she liked autumn better.

“Yeah? It’s my first, too. I, uh, I wasn’t sure what type of date this was, though, so I hope you didn’t mind the flowers. A friend told me to get red carnations, so I hope I got the right ones.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
10-26-2021, 01:44 AM
 The red-adorned lady could hear the trailing off of words in her companion's voice and turned her head briefly to look at her. "Perhaps? Do you know a better place to live?" She wiggled her ears comically. "I'm all ears." She said it with a good-humored smirk. To be honest, she would move anywhere if it meant she could just be happy again. Maybe it was the location, maybe it was just her, but she didn't feel happy anymore at all. Not unless the bubbly lady was there next to her.

When the bumblebee confided in her that this was her first date too, Gyrfalcon felt a fluttering in her gut. Good, good, so they were both beginners here. That made her feel better. Although she also wasn't sure on what to do. "I think they're pretty and they're perfect." Gyrfalcon looked away at her paws, a smidge bashfully, as she pushed them together awkwardly... or she would have, except she only had one. Gods, that felt so strange. She could have sworn she could feel them pressing together...

She shook her head and awkwardly managed to say, "I'd like to think this is the romantic-type of date. Do red carnations symbolize that?" Shooting her shot here, being forward usually worked in a lot of situations.

the staff team luvs u
10-27-2021, 04:13 PM
^^Cirilla turned to smirk at her date with the shake of her head. “I’ve always lived in the tundra; I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else.” Cirilla commented softly, glancing over at her with a smile and nod of her head. “Yeah, you are”, Cirilla mused, glancing over the waters of the beach as Gyrfalcon turned to stare at her paw.

And then, the mystery about what type of date this was, was finally revealed, and Cirilla turned her head to smile back at her. “Y-yeah, they symbolize yearning and love… and additionally, they look really great on you.” Cirilla offered, ears lowering; all this was new to her, and lord, she didn’t know what she was doing.
^^
the staff team luvs u
11-01-2021, 02:55 AM
 "Yeah? I guess that's why you have all that floof, eh?" She laughed and then would attempt to bump her muzzle against the other's cheek in a gentle, teasing boop. "I used to live in the plains before this." They were lovely and she hadn't known what she had until it was gone. Now she couldn't go back, she was here forever... but at least Cir was here with her. The woman brought her such happiness. She needed it now it her darkest days.

When the other revealed what the flowers meant, Gyrfalcon could feel her cheeks growing red hot and her ears slipped back in embarrassment. She eyed the ground, feeling for once that she didn't know what to do. Until she did...

She took in a deep breath, looked back at Cirilla and then, if allowed, would try to give her a kiss on the lips. Or cheek, whichever she was allowed to do. She'd never actually shared a kiss with anyone but she felt like this was the right moment if there ever was one.

the staff team luvs u
11-01-2021, 03:54 AM
^^Cirilla took a moment to look at the floof of her coat as she wiggled her bum and wagged her tail to compare the differences to her coat and Gyr’s coat for a moment. She blinked towards the teasing boop, narrowing her eyes playfully. She leaned forward to nip at Gyr’s ears in return, tugging them with a playful growl until she spoke about living in the plains. “What made you move north?”

Cirilla stopped a moment to watch the waves of the beach as she lifted a paw to play in the water and the wet sand for a few moments before she glanced back at Gyrfalcon who had gone silent, only to be kissed right there on the lips!

Cirilla’s immediate response was to squeak - a high pitched, though muffled whimper/groan like sound that caught her in the throat, though she didn’t pull away. She’d just been caught by surprise, was all, and it took her several moments to realize what was happening, before she leaned in, kissing her back.
^^
the staff team luvs u
11-03-2021, 03:40 AM
 Gyr laughed as the other girl nibbled and pulled at her ears. This, this was joy again. The little things in life that made her happy enough to wag her tail. When the little bit of roughhousing ceased, she would speak, "Move?" She echoed before shaking her head. "I didn't really move. I woke up in the mountains a little further south," Like a lot of other wolves here did, she just woke up randomly... except she was certain that hers was because she'd died in a hunt. "I just wandered and got lost up this way. Eventually ran into Hotaru and Reiko and fell in here." Initially she wasn't sure if she was going to stick around but after the incident, well, she didn't really have a choice now. Who else would take her as she was now? So, she was intent on making the best out of it. Especially since her little bumblebee was here.

Her kiss had not been rejected and in fact, Cirilla kissed her back. It surprised her, in an excellently warm way. For a moment, she held there, kissing the sweet bumblebee passionately there by the waves. It was like out of a scene of a movie with the waves sighing softly beside them and the sun softly illuminating their fur.

A moment later, Gyrfalcon would pull back and gently lick Cirilla over the top of her muzzle. "Thank-you," She sighed with golden eyes tenderly looking into Cirilla's soft brown eyes. "I was lost before I met you and now, I feel like the luckiest wolf in the world to have a kind soul like you in my life." She felt sappy but it was true. The brindled hound made her feel a lightness like that before the incident, it was insane how pure and kind and wonderful she really was.

Words: 306

the staff team luvs u
11-07-2021, 04:24 AM
^^Cirilla’s brows came together with the adorable tilt of her head, not quite sure what her butterfly was thanking her for - but it was there that Cirilla noticed the interesting speck of color in one of Gyrfalcon’s eyes. Her ears went forward, and Cirilla moved to kiss her again, as she spoke this nonsense about being the luckiest wolf in the world. It was really the kindest thing she’d ever had anyone tell her. 

“I don’t know what you’re thanking me for. I didn’t really… do anything.” Cirilla didn’t feel like she had done anything, anyway. “But I’m glad I can make someone feel like that.” Cirilla smiled softly, moving to place her paw over Gyrfalcon’s paw. “I'm glad I met you,” even if the beginning hadn't been all that great.
^^
the staff team luvs u
11-07-2021, 10:46 PM
 She spoke all of her thoughts, rushing them all out for her bumblebee to hear. Before she could gush out much else, she was kissed on the lips and in her breast, she could feel her heart fluttering. It silenced her for a moment as she looked at the beautiful wolf before her. Who said she didn't know what she was being thanked for. She was so hopelessly pure and naive and didn't realize that it was just her.

Cirilla would place her paw over Gyr's and Gyrfalcon would scoot in closer so that their pelts could meld into one. "You didn't have to do anything... I'm just thankful that you're you." For being her was what had helped her. "I'm glad I met you too." Even though it had been a rough start, Gyr felt like Cir sanded off all of her rough edges to find what was within. Hell, had sanded off the edges so that she could see what was within herself as well.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top