Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
The petals are falling

Morning Partly Cloudy
Group Only
Formation
Windmere
10-14-2021, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2021, 03:20 AM by Fiora. Edited 1 time in total.)
The darkness sucked at her, drowning her in abyss that did not want to let go. Her head swam, her body ached but she could not seemed to open up her eyes. Instead she seemed to have a fantastical dream, a girl that looked like her but in a bipedal form. Hands that could manipulate things, touching flowers and tools to cultivate those blossoms.  This girl was injured, scars from a short time of abuse but she was safe where she dreamed. With a man, oh how her heart swelled at the sight of him but this made no sense to the girl that now laid prone against the grass but there was love there, a deep affection towards the face she could not remember.

As if on cue, the darkness begins to pull back and the dream is dragged away. The feelings of love and affection with it seemed to be torn from her mind and yet tears fall from her closed lids, she would miss these feelings Ah, bit what were those feelings? It was if she was grasping at wisps of fog, the more she tried to cling to it the more it vanished.

She felt dizzy, her world spinning out of control as her memories are ripped away and replaced with a state of confusion and loss. The damsel knew she had lost something and this would Haunt her for days to come but what she lost.. she could not find. Instead her bright blue eyes opened and tears fell, a sob choked her as it escaped her lips. She did not want to feel this way, it was too painful. She closed those vibrant eyes again and let out what she was feeling, her breath hitching and hiccuping as the feeling of despair and loss washed over her.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Windmere
10-14-2021, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2021, 08:17 AM by Elowyn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Elowyn had been keeping herself busy. She wanted to index most of the current flowers until they would vanish before winter. She was certain she missed a few since most had died out. It would be a surprise upcoming spring what would grow, and she looked forward to it. When she trotted through the territory she suddenly saw a wolf.. At least... yes? She froze. Had Anteon let someone into their home or approved of someone? He would have told her.

The female was cautious, because what if the other was dangerous. She moved in closer, silently. Where did this wolf come from?! She then noticed the salty tang of tears on the air and she could hear the sobs and whimpers. That seemed to shed her caution away. The female frowned, confused by this whole appearance. The sandy colored female stepped close and noticed that the other was female too. "Hello," she greeted quietly. "How did you get onto Windmere's land?," she asked. Maybe she should be more territorial but they only recently settled here, and maybe they had missed this female in the valley. They borders only had a recent scent, instead of an old one that could make a statement. "Are you alright?," She then decided to ask.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: eMOrwWq.png]
Join Windmere!
10-14-2021, 10:08 PM
She did not hear the other woman approach, not that she could hear anything other than her own hiccuping sobs. It took her voice to push past the darkness that was tugging her down into despair and depression, a gentle inquiry to snap her out of her self wallowing.

Tear crusted lashes opened revealing blue eyes that were filled with loss and sadness but from what she could not say. They moved, landing on a beautiful golden hued woman. What was is she just asked her, how she had gotten here? To that answer was nothing but confusion and uncertainty. How had she gotten here, for a moment she looked around and recognized nothing. Folded hear pressed back, showing submission and a new feeling. Fear.

Where was she? What was this place? Windmere, was that a group? Was she trespassing? Oh no, what had she done? Panic seized her as she whimpered once more before trying to tell the woman she did not mean to be here. "I-I d-do not k-know" Her voice shook as the next question came, was she alright? Again she did not know, shaking her head she simply looked at the woman. Pleading her case, "I-I just.. w-woke up h-here.." Please believe me!

the staff team luvs u
10-18-2021, 02:51 PM
Apologies for the delay! The weekend was a lot!

Elowyn kept her green eyes on the female that was in their territory. She doubted Anteon would like that. The female looked mostly panicked and it kind of made Elowyn wonder about her mental stability, until the female spoke she just woke up here. That Elowyn did understand. She nodded slowly to the female more to comfort her that she understood. "My husband and me woke up at some place random as well," she explained to the other. "My husband decided that we better make a living here and found this place. We guide a small group of wolves and we call ourselves Windmere," she explained.

It helped that the other wasn't secure about herself. It made her more secure as she was starting to feel at home here. 'I'm ... Queen Elowyn," she introduced. Because to her it was so normal to have someone choose things for her in her life. Anteon, however, had been more free with demands from her. Which made her insecure of what he wanted. But that was something for later. "Can you tell me more about yourself?"
the staff team luvs u
Join Windmere!
Formation
Windmere
10-20-2021, 03:20 AM
Her frame shook from the feeling of emptiness as well as fear that this woman before her would not believe her. After all it sounded ridiculous to her as well, a likely story. No, she wasn't trespassing, she simply woke up she your territory. Yeah, that made sense but then the woman spoke and her fear drained from her. Her explanation was not crazy or too wild go believe for the golden woman before her had woke up with her mate this way!

She introduced herself, a queen! She was in the presence of a leader of this place. At once she pinned her folded ears and made sure that, even though prone, she was in a submissive posture. Her paws crossed over one another to present a lady-like appearance. Her voice shook much to the damsel's dismay as she spoke her name, luckily she had retained this information after waking up in a strange land.

"I-I am F-Fiora vin Haki.." How embarrassing, why couldn't she get her voice under control. It was like she was a child again, so unsure of herself and in the presence of a queen. It was then an inquiry came, the royal woman wanted to know more about her. Seemed reasonable to her, after all she was trespassing in her territory!

"Ah, of c-course." she spoke shakily, it was obvious her nerves were getting to her, waking up in such a predicament. "I-I am no-nothing special, not a qu-queen or anyth-thing.." Get to the point Fiora! "I-I am a simple heal-healer, I lov-ve flowers, and-and hope to settle down one-one day." yeah she wants your romantic ambitions, she is probably more interested in skills not your dreams. Silly girl.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
10-20-2021, 06:28 PM
The golden female stood before the other, and realized that her title had quite the effect without meaning to. The female didn't mean to impress her like that. She honestly didn't feel like a queen. The other before her just dipped to the ground submissively. "Oh," she breathed. Not sure what to say about it but she guess she should accept the respect the other showed to her.

"Fiora? That is a pretty name," she complimented to make her feel more at ease. She hoped at least. She raised her brow when she said she was nobody. "Don't say that," she spoke. "You are Fiora, not nobody," she offered with a soft smile. "I like healing and flowers too," she returned. "Well, you are welcome to join Windmere, our pack," Elowyn offered then. "We believe in the bond that is formed between a male and female. Those wolves bonds make our pack stronger. When you join you can follow your trade of healing and settling down," she spoke. "Climbing the ranks together with a mate."
the staff team luvs u
Join Windmere!
10-23-2021, 02:11 AM
It was interesting to see that the woman before her was not prepared for her submission or the respect that she was trying to portray due to her title. She must have not been a queen for long, or perhaps others did not show this level of obedience so soon after coming in contact with her bit this was how she was raised. You showed immediate respect to those of a higher title, and right now, Fiora was nothing compared to royalty. What surprised her though was the praise she was given to her name, something that meant flower in another language or so her mother would whisper. She thought it was pretty too but maybe that's how everyone felt about their name. The girl blushed, her eyes falling away as a bashful feeling came over her, she thought the queen's name was pretty as well but it was too late to say so.

When she was told she was Fiora, not nobody the flower could only smile and nod even though she felt like she was not someone of significance. Not compared to Elowyn, who was the leader of the place she woke up.

Her eyes returned to the golden woman when she spoke of liking the same things and then inviting her to join her pack, Windmere. Folded ears perked and surprise colored her features, her tail giving a soft sway as she thought of the possibilities. She could climb the ranks as a healer with a.. well with a mate but she did not have one of those. Again she nodded and this time words came and this time they barely shook, "I-I would love to, b-but I do not have a m-mate." she spoke with a soft sadness at the last part of her sentence. How could she clime the tank with someone when she was alone?

the staff team luvs u
Formation
10-25-2021, 08:01 AM
Elowyn offered the other a soft smile when she said she didn't have a mate. That wasn't really the problem in her eyes. Since she and her mate would pick a right match for her. The female seemed willing enough, so was the arranged marriage still forced? She pushed that thought from her head. "Not to worry, Fiora," she told her. "My husband and I will pick out a suitable mate for you," she assured her with a nod. "That is part of how our pack works," she explained. She wondered how the other would react to that. But seeing that she was willing to join and told her that she wanted to settle down made her think the female wouldn't have a problem with it. And if she had? Well then she had to leave. "I wouldn't worry about it too much, we always look for a good match," she told the female. If she accepted that fate then she would show her to Anteon and the rest of the pack.
the staff team luvs u
Join Windmere!
11-05-2021, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 02:20 AM by Fiora.)
It seemed everything would be taken care of, from her wellbeing in a pack to the finding of one's mate. Her queen spoke of finding her a good match, about that was one of the benefits to being in Windmere. This both amused and placate the gentle girl as she thought of the possibilities, a place that she could rise the ranks with a husband by her side. Would her mate grow to love her, would she grow to love him? She truly hoped so, love had always been a fanciful thing she longed to fall in.

"Th-that works for me-me, I-I hope I-I will be of use to-to both you and who-whomever your choose for-for me." Her tone was soft, almost a whisper as her bright blue eyes looked down at her darkly colored paws. She did not have much confidence in herself, not that she wasn't a good healer but that she might be a good match for someone.

WC: 161

the staff team luvs u
11-07-2021, 01:06 PM
Elowyn was glad that the female accepted. Which meant, she had actually helped with their formation and made their pack stronger. Elowyn hoped Anteon would be happy. Now she thought about it, maybe he wouldn't like her to actively accept members. She bit the inside of her cheek, unsure. Then again, Anteon hadn't behaved like her father. He was quite different from her father now she realized it. It made her worry a little less. She noticed the female stutter a bit through her sentence. "First you can settle and get used to the pack. We will need to get to know you, and you will need to get to know us," she assured the younger female.

"If you would follow me? I will show you my husband and the other members of the pack," she told the other then. She expected the female the follow her, she had the feeling that the other wasn't going to protest. But that was perhaps an assumption she made that was wrong. Elowyn went with mixed feelings to find her husband. Perhaps a little anxiety going through her as she wasn't sure this was something her husband would respond positively to. Nevertheless, she was excited for another one joining their pack. Maybe she shouldn't doubt herself and it would make Anteon happy with her. Elowyn continued her path, not showing the other.

end. Thread continues here

the staff team luvs u
Join Windmere!
scroll to top