Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Then one day,

Morning Partly Cloudy
AW
The Wayfarers
Visionary
10-10-2021, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 12:49 AM by Miriams. Edited 1 time in total.)
She wasn't.. The best hunter, but Miriam did try her best. With Annika now with children, she wanted to support the woman however she could. Meaning to the herbs that would be left, and the small prey to provide as snakes. For surely the brothers hunted the larger game along with Ivar, but she attempted what she could. Yet, she couldn't deny hunting wasn't one of her favorite sports.

As the woman looked upon the dead rabbit she had hunted down, she uttered a small prayer, "May the Goddess guide you to the summerlands."

the staff team luvs u
10-10-2021, 07:03 PM
Unaccustomed to a sedentary lifestyle, Annika still slipped from the den once in a blue moon in order to salvage what bits of sanity she could. Motherhood was a strangely lonely time, she had realized, and yearned for the days when they were old enough to speak and exist on their own. She appreciated the willingness of everyone to assist in their care, truly, and so she occasionally ventured out on a hunt to show she wasn't incapable of pulling her weight. Perhaps she should have been doing more considering she would need to pull extra weight to make amends for the girls, but until they opened their eyes she was limited.

A hare had been her target, but losing sight of it had brought her to @Miriam having successfully taken it down. Her ears drew forward at the quiet thanks she gave. "Do.. they hear you?" Annika asked curiously, a woman with no knowledge of spiritual things. "Who is the goddess?" Her tail swept leisurely at her hocks, but curiosity burned in her gaze.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
10-17-2021, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 12:49 AM by Miriams. Edited 1 time in total.)
It is not often many ask of her religion, rather but a mutual respect to how she goes on her way, or even some, mock so. The world held many religions, and she knew not all prayed to the same God or Goddess, nor' even believed in the same afterlife. She care not if they thought of the same mindset, for in the end they all prayed somewhere.. For a hope, or a wonder. Miriam had yet to truly know of religions that warped it to evil, or those who pray to evil, and remained blissfully unaware.

She perked up, a glow in a smile, "It is the belief she is always with us. Hearing us, within the land itself, and signs of so. She cannot always lend hope, for our destiny is within our own, but in the time of need, the world shall whisper it's magic to you with the help of the Goddess." Gods were a tricky subject, though she knew both the Horned God and Goddess held mystical powers she did not know, they were taught, that not always can they interfere with the lands ways. Destiny is tied to how it is, but it is own minds to determine which path of fate to go toward. With the help of so, and if lost.. Guidance, would be given.

"And it harm none, do what thou wilt.
And it harm none, do as thou wilt.
Than it harm none, do as thou wilt.
Do as you will, as long as harm none.."

Quietly so, repeating a mantra that Miriam always taken to heart.

"She is but the Goddess I follow into the light, and the summerlands."

the staff team luvs u
10-17-2021, 10:40 PM
As she listened, Annika wondered over just how sheltered she had been growing up. Ah, well.. sheltered felt like the incorrect word to use. Annika hadn't been sheltered by any means, but she had essentially worn blinders to protect against any sort of personal growth. Her knowledge of things like religion were stunted, and so she enthusiastically drank in every last drop that @Miriam offered. Her ears quivered with the strain of listening to intently, nodding as the kind-hearted woman explained.

"So.. do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone?" Annika's tail swayed leisurely as she considered the ideology; it wasn't terrible, though she would hope for more guidance should she ever commit herself to such a goddess. It seemed far too simple and she knew it must be anything but, so she waited further explanation should it be provided.

Annika paused. "The summerlands? Are we all going there?" If the goddess was leading her there, surely it made sense for them all to move as a unit. The pups were young, but Annika would manage their transport -- whatever Miriam needed in support, the Russian wolf would gladly give.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
10-25-2021, 12:49 AM
"To harm another in neither body or soul, but be free to who you are.. It is what my Priestess has always said, and my home always made known to all." She smiled gently at such memories, a fondness growing while looking down in a nostalgic view. To hear the lessons of from the Priestess, as she was home-bound to the Orchid time ago. Though her heart had destined for somewhere else, to see beyond what was the grove and to the world itself. Though.. Memories were fading from before this land, and she wondered what adventures had been seen before her own child had appeared.

"We all are destined to the Summerlands, to keep the light and Goddess within our hearts, and to stray away from the darkness.. You especially, will be welcomed by the Horned God as well." To them especially, to the world above.. Her Goddess accepts all to be as long as they do their best to keep away from the darkness, and hold food faith to others. Likewise, as a warrior of Annika's strength, the warrior God would love her the most. A pleased smile, almost too ecstatic to share about.

the staff team luvs u
11-11-2021, 03:45 AM
Something stirred within her as she listened to @Miriam, a priestess in her own right. Religion had never been something offered to the girls of her house and here she sat with someone more knowledgeable of the afterlife and spirits than anyone she had ever stumbled across before. Annika inched closer, her icy eyes lit with a strange curiosity.

"Especially me? I don't think I've done anything worthy of going to this place," she murmured, her tone more confused than deprecating. Being herself had never been a strong suit and after all the lives she had taken.. well, it seemed difficult to imagine there being a place for her. "I want to learn more about the Goddess and your religion, if.. if you'll teach me."

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
11-18-2021, 01:31 AM
"The Horned God values those with powerful hearts — he is the one warriors of my land look up to the most." As Annika held a powerful body and soul, she knew that the Horned God especially looked down to her in promise. A desire for her to harness what she has, a firey spirit that went against all odds that were be — a pride as she fought with her own body for the destiny that took hold, and children to be born into the light that was granted. A denied for the first try and she truly wondered in the moment if the Goddess saw her despair, a touch to the darkness itself — and gave that faintest of lights.. It brought a smile, to how gracious that the Goddess truly was at times. She spent no time to the world below, as all had a path — but everyone in a while, the Priestess would say she would guide special individuals who truly needed it.

Miriam placed a paw on her chest, a beaming smile, "I would be delighted to tell you about it. It is my faith in this world, and how I follow my choices."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top