Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Firestorm

Afternoon Sunny/Clear 95° F
AW
Discovery
08-18-2021, 12:24 AM
@Alduin and @Andraste but AW!

Nyra had ran from the Reach, rather quickly once the message really got through.
So, she headed a different direction, ending up in a fucking sweltering desert.
Not an area she's used to.
At least canyons have shade. Pulling up to the area, she definitely smelled other wolves around, and so sent up a weary yet booming howl for whoever was laying a claim here.

Was Alduin also here?
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
Discovery
08-18-2021, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2021, 02:17 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
 It was the middle of the day and it was fucking hot. The reason, that the yearling lay within her chambers underground. Her den was down the corridors and on one of the first branching paths so that she may still hear the goings-on of outside, just in case she was needed or just in case she wanted to be nosey. It was the reason that she heard the summoning howl of a foreigner. Her eyes opened, glowering into the darkness as she lay upon the marked white bear pelt. The grinning face of her ornamental skull stared back at her as if asking a silent question 

Will you rise?

Why, yes, yes, she would. 

The white demon would rise to her paws and give a languid stretch and yawn. Ready to go to the outside. It wasn't a call specifically for her, but for the one who lead them but... she liked to fancy herself a sort of leader-in-training. The boss bitch's assistant. One of the royal white wolves in the know. So, on that authority she would come out to greet the stranger with the hopes that Andraste would be coming as well. 

She took a moment to make herself presentable and shook the sleep out of her eyes as she walked out into the harsh sunlight. Blinded, she began to squint and crossed over into the shadows. The area that would be the Eye's eyelid. From here things were a little more bearable and she could see the interloper. A pure white wolf with eyes as golden as the sands. Beautiful. Despite being called out at this hellish hour, the youngling wasn't in a particularly bad mood. Not to greet a wonderful visitor like this. 

"Greetings..." She called out, casually crossing over to the area that the woman stood, fearless and confident with the pack here at her beck and call. "To whom do we have the pleasure of meeting here at The Eye?" The yearling asked, ready to get the pleasantries out of the way for when the big boss lady showed up. If she did show up.

+2 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
08-18-2021, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 02:39 AM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
A wolf came to greet her. Good, so her nose wasn't playing games with her in this heat. Tongue lolling, the Titan took a breath while examining the rocky terrain, and the crannies around where more canines might hide if shit potentially got ugly. 

"My name is Nyra. If there's a pack here, may I request to join you?" Quick to the point, the Empress stood passively, tail low and ears relaxed as a display of respect that she was a guest here, not a leading figure.
the staff team luvs u
08-18-2021, 04:27 PM

Crackling the silence with an unwelcoming snarl—muscular stature rippling as it appeared the sound came from nothing more than a mere stretching-yawn; Zagerus was beckoned. Upon limbs of chiseled stone, squinting optics of burning embers, he found his spot beside Exalted... Eyes glancing below at their new... Instrument of pleasure? Hm. A quick rake of his cranium confirmed he had not a single clue who this bitch was. Though maybe he wanted to, given the right elements. He might not of been the most studious of their hot-weathered cult, but certainly one of the most... Formidable.

“'ell, new faces, new faces...” His deep baritone rumbled, but did nothing more than that.

the staff team luvs u
08-18-2021, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 09:08 PM by Alduin. Edited 3 times in total.)
Alduin would be fashionably late. He decided to hang around the odd bunch for now. But, the World Eater had not been in The Eye where the others lay, no, he likes his alone time. He’d been out hunting and meditating. When he hears a call coming from The Eye, he dutifully ignores it, sure some of the other more important members would catch whoever it was.

After a bit, his curiosity won and he decided to make his way back with a rather large jackrabbit locked in bloody jaws. Though, he has been hanging around the group, he does not recognize the other two. A pale female, large and very much has the same odd characteristics as their ‘mother’ does. Then a large male, also with blood red eyes and an intricate pelt of varying shades.

He would eye them down before shifting his gaze to a more familiar face. It seems her quickly thought of plan had not worked. He would move languidly, powerfully, over to the bunch, but is sure to keep his distance. Dropping the rabbit at his paws, The World Eater would speak.

“I know her.”
Is all he says. “Though I don’t believe I’ve met you two.” His tone is even in that deep and rumbling voice of his. “Your ‘mother’ invited me to stay a while.” It’s a short explanation, but hopefully enough for them not to crawl up his ass and just maybe leave him be.

“Nyra is a strong warrior. I would allow her an appearance with your Queen, if I were you.”
He suggests, but don’t get it twisted, it’s just that: a suggestion, neither is it a threat. His tone is not demanding in any way, rather it’s delightfully emotionless.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: c274449fe57ea83bb8eb757aea97705f.jpg]
Discovery
08-19-2021, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2021, 02:19 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
[narrow width=700]
 The rumblings of her pack, mumbling and mawbling, they broke her from her sleep and she rose, nose in the air. She knew there were members of her family who slept at night and moved about during the day - foolish as that was - but she did not expect there to be such a commotion. Did they not think of their Mother who slept below?

Her paws led her up the winding stonebrick passageway into the surface, where her eyes sought out wolves. She saw the dark shapes of Zagreus and the newcomer, Alduin, first as her eyes began to clear. Several blinks later, as she approached the entrance to the surface, and she spotted Exalted and another Exalted, except this one was much taller, more nicely proportioned, and had none of the traits of Bacchuskind.

Still, she had delightfully white fur and clear power beneath her muscles.

The god-eater rose up into the heat, her fur instantly warming as the sun's hot rays descended onto her shoulders and back. Her head was high, her steps even, and her face carefully neutral and somber. Alduin was speaking as she rose, describing the woman before them: Nyra. Bloodred eyes focus on the man with the delightfully striped coat before turning to look at the woman again.

“You speak of joining packs when you know nothing of them?” she questioned, eyeing the woman with a silent judgement - awaiting a satisfactory answer.
[/narrow]

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u

“Common”    “Loet'ah (Cheunh)”
Discovery
08-19-2021, 02:59 AM
 Nyra. That was her name. "There is... of sorts." The young woman said, eyeing the clearly capable wolfess. Her bicolored gaze would look over her, admiring and inspecting. They would do well to have her, not just because of her fur color but because of the leaness to her body. "You may request. Though I am in no position to grand access, that falls onto our leader." She was not to that point... yet. In training still had its cons. Tsk tsk. They would have to wait for their monarch's arrival.

But until then...

Around her, more appeared. Zagreus. The beautiful man with his coat streaked in white and his large fangs. He was truly a sight to behold, and there he was coming abreast of her. She gave a slight smile at his appearance, feeling herself swell with pride as even more showed. A new fellow but he was bathed in the smells of the group so she knew him as one of them even before he spoke. "Exalted." She offered by way of name to both newcomers. The striped one with his dog-like features. Interesting. Not necessarily pretty but interesting. He was also large of build but not one of the "pure" ones here. Still, they would do good to have them.

To have both of them. 

"I've no intention of keeping her away. She is welcome an audience," She heard the woman of the hour coming and she moved to the side to make room. There she was, the one who was kin and whom she was quite fond of. The one who she would learn from. Exalted's gaze would follow the confident warrioress as she spoke to the other. Then, dual-toned blue and pink eyes would find Nyra again. A silent curiosity in that gaze as she awaited an answer as well. Learning, all the while.

the staff team luvs u
08-19-2021, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2021, 03:21 AM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
Next to the pale female emerged a grumpy-looking male, then Alduin, who she had to restrain herself from running to to tackle hug him to the ground.
Now was not the time or place for such things, yet her heart beat with heavy gratitude for his speaking on her behalf. 

Next, came who must've been the head honcho herself, questioning. A satisfying answer would indeed be needed here...

"My apologies, Your Majesty;" Nyra said the title with respect, and no sign of mocking. She was open to being corrected in what title to use for the god-eater before her.
"Will you tell me of your pack here, so I know what I'm getting involved in?" A determination and lack of fear, here. Respectfully, she held her pose. 

"Unless you'd like to test my worthiness here and now, and tell me later?" Nyra suggested, seriousness in her face and tone, though still, she made sure to stay as respectful as possible. Truthfully she was awe-inspired by Andraste, and couldn't help but examine the scarred warrioress out of obvious awe and inspiration. 

Meanwhile, the Wardog tensed some, bracing just in case she would be tested in combat for a place here. 

Let me prove myself, earn my place among you and yours

​​​​
​​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​
the staff team luvs u
08-19-2021, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2021, 03:27 PM by Zag. Edited 1 time in total.)

His eyes ocellated, placing grievances upon those who approached to bask in his unannounced glory. A sickly sight to behold, really—their unwavering pledge for a Queen they had yet to fully understand. Frankly, neither did he, but the obelisk of a man had been around much longer than these... drochil. Perhaps he would see the slut for more than a revolving vulva if she weren't already frothing at the lips for attention as if she'd received none when she was a child. Maybe she hadn't, he didn't know, he also didn't give a shit. “Placing your body blindly in the hands of another; in palms you haven't yet read. His disgust for her immaturity was transparent, but his mind was open in thoughts of manipulation.

Sooner than later, his Divine Mommy arrived; stinking of pregnancy and... Pregnancy? His nostrils flared, arching his thick muzzle to gaze at her. His sensitivity to fragrances was on the higher end, still, did he shake it off as nothing. Pregnant or not, it was none of his concern. Exalted, on the other foot, was a becoming-woman he had... Unspoken plans for. She smiled at him, he nodded back. A slight response, but given his hate for others, it might as well of been a kiss on the lips. “Test of worthiness... What an interesting proposal.”

the staff team luvs u
08-19-2021, 06:53 PM
Alduin would stand still, rabbit still placed messily at his paws. He looks upon Nyra evenly, as well as the others, his face blissfully blank of any emotion. If anything he has a slight twinge of his hardly contained anger, but that never really leaves him does it?

The Prince holds respect for Nyra and it remains as she offers to prove herself. The mother would not find herself disappointed in the pale war maiden. After all, they do find wolves of the pale kind magical or some shit if he recalls right.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: c274449fe57ea83bb8eb757aea97705f.jpg]
Sanatorium
Formation
08-19-2021, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 06:15 PM by Aso. Edited 2 times in total.)
[narrow width=700]
 The interactions among those present did not go unnoticed.

From the smile and nod between Exalted and Zagreus to the cold apathy of Alduin and the tightening of pale fur over muscles that told of the newcomer's desire to move... in what direction? Andraste nodded thoughtfully, eyeing the woman and listening to her spiel. “We are those that defy Death and have, in return, come under It to do Its bidding.” She spoke of Death as if it were an entity, a god itself. For, truly, there was nothing that could quite escape Death, was there? There was her, risen from the grave of the earth itself, but beyond that... who?

“The weak make us strong with their flesh. You, Alduin.” Her face turned to look at the man who held so silently. “You have yet to prove yourself as well. If you are still interested, Nyra, you two shall battle one another to prove that you are worthy of Sanatorium.”

She smiled. “I am not an unkind Mother. Join us within the Pupil of the Eye for feast and rest - your Judgement shall come when the moon is high.” Her eyes flashed with glee at the thoughts she retained within herself: If you fail, you will repay this kindness tenfold.
[/narrow]

+2 Formation Points

the staff team luvs u

“Common”    “Loet'ah (Cheunh)”
08-20-2021, 01:14 AM
 Well, at least the white wolf was open to admitting when she was wrong. To Exalted's ears it sounded like the woman was backtracking just a bit but, all was well. Perhaps now though, after that particularly delicious suggestion, she would have to be tested... both of them would be. How fun.

“Placing your body blindly in the hands of another; in palms you haven't yet read.” The man next to her rumbled, his distaste evident in his tone. Exalted added a, "Bold." To the words before falling silent to observe once more. Bold to throw oneself at the mercy of a pack that she knew nothing about it. Maybe she was just itching for a pack or maybe just itching to be at the mercy of the proverbial wolves. Either way, it was all very interesting and the girl felt she was learning so much.

In the next few breaths, Andraste was casting her judgement and at the results the albino girl was licking her lips in anticipation. One way or another they would be entertained... perhaps even fed.

Sanatorium. Hmm... That was the first she was hearing of an official name... she liked it.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
08-20-2021, 03:46 AM
Nyra noted silently the displeasure of the long-fanged man and the mild (?) Interest of the female beside him. Looking to Alduin briefly, her attention was once more drawn to The Mother, as she told of the pack. 

Immediately, Nyra was interested, and upon the events further unfolding right before her eyes, a sinister and determined grin spread over her face, golden gaze glinting with something psychotic as she agreed with a sultry and yet guttural purr:
"I'm all in." 

With that, she would start forward a couple paces, stopping to allow for Andraste and the others to lead the way
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top