Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Read Only
I smile because I want to,

Midnight Sunny/Clear
Read Only
Random Event
08-15-2021, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 11:53 PM by Vendrussel. Edited 1 time in total.)
Her last night amongst the plains, as she had spent time wandering here and through with a curiosity such an open place. Though the adventure would not last forever, as now the mountains was just but a distance away. Right by her side, she could case that slope that reached to the very heavens itself, but she did not step right away, oh no. Her gaze had caught site of such an oddity within the air as she gazed to the God's Domain, that she could not help but a step back, a clear view of what was.

It was the Ancients. 

Though true or not, as a woman who believed that she belonged to ancestral dragons, she saw the figure high in the sky, shape and morph the stars and galaxies itself to form but what a wolf was within the heavens. An ocean eye, glistening to the splendid view that was oh-so-fleeting though, for as she saw it, it passed just as quickly. Vendrussel found herself bounding down the plains, a chase of where,

"Wait! Please, tell me what i'm meant to do! Dont' leave me!"

An endless chase of what she thought of one to tell her, yet, it disappeared as the clouds loomed over, and the shining twist in the sky was no more. A slower pace, steady as it was an gaze to the sky above - a look of sorrow, lost in what all that was. An ocean dragon amongst the sand, she didn't know how she got here, nor' where to go from here else. Lost in the infinity of the strange universe that this was, wolves she never saw, beings of abnormalities..

Her body shifted downwards, a paw in front as her head leaned forward in a comfort, but blue oceans eyes continued staring upwards in but a hope. Slowly, though, Vendrussel drifted into a sleep, awaiting for a moment that would most likely, not come again. 

It was not the end for Vendrussel, for as she fell asleep her destiny twisted and turned in the drifting slumber. Her body now amongst the comfortable grass, a tail occasionally shifting with limbs twitching at such. Drifted fast asleep, deeply as she was, there was a roaring sound within the mindful night.

A stormy night, waves twisting and turning as her body lifted high into the sea, before being dipped in an olbivion of darkness as she gasped for an air. It never came, moving and twisting, paws grabbing nothing but inky, dark ocean waters and a maw that continued to peer out in a hope of breath. She could hear the roaring, as the slamming against the high rocks came to be, and yet.. It sounded not like the same.

A leviathans cry.

Her own body smashed into but a large rock, and she gasped at such scare it was. A shadow looming above her, a familiar of ancient pictures of the motherland, a looming head. Though unspoken, unmoving, unphazed by her presence, all she could hear was the cry of the beast, and the ocean bringing her downwards..

She wanted to grasp onto the beast, the one that in history Vendrussel was said to relate to, being so Ancient that they were passed, but rumored to be amongst them! How close she was, but the water grabbed hold of her backlegs, and dragged down to the abyssal of Mayadias's grave, a small cry of help would whimper, but her voice coated in the depths of liquid - she would not wake up.

"Find me," so the beast growled, as she drifted to black.

Though it all a dream, a cold sweat, a glory look to the empty night skies ; the wolf she saw was not there, nor' the dreams she had gained. Yet, Vendrussel could still faintly hear the roars of the beast, and the muttering of the last words she held, find me, it said.

She knew what to do.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top