Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Ψ · Nervous when I stand,

Evening Partly Cloudy
P
Elkshire
08-09-2021, 11:59 PM

The summons had been given. After fleeing from Celnes's sight, she had returned to the Range to find the boy where she had left him and bring him back. “It's alright,” she had said, “She's nice, she wants to meet you.”

She led him, the boy, back towards the queen's private quarters where her eight wonderful pups lay doing what all young pups do: nursing, kicking, and chewing noisily on one another. Perhaps it was the presence of children with the queen that caused her to think of children more. Perhaps, indeed, the conversation with Flynn about them. She wasn't ready to have her own, not quite, but seeing the child appear out of the nothingness before her?

It was impossible that the child had a family nearby to return to, right?

Unless somehow families could be brought together, linked, but even so she had seen no one, smelled no one, besides the strangers who nestled into the Range. “Your Majesty?” she called as she approached, glancing back at the child, “I've returned with the youngling I told you about.”

She licked her lips as she stood before the queen, anxious for the fate of the child.

the staff team luvs u
08-10-2021, 12:29 AM
^^
In the time between being left in the Range, and the time it took the nice lady to come back, Archon had moved all of three steps. Still on the hunt for Bam Bam, still convinced that someone - though not Meissa - had stolen it. He’d gone to sleep with it, and now it was gone. Someone very obviously took it from him.

Then she came back and gave him some very important news that he did not like. Someone very important wanted to meet him. Either she had stolen Bam Bam and wanted to discuss terms of release, or she knew that he skipped out on training and was going to punish him. He hoped she’d taken Bam Bam and didn’t know about the training.

So he followed the nice lady, staring at her two tails the entire time and wishing that he, too, could be a freak like her. Two tails looked neat! The more to catch! He was just about to pounce it, too, mouth open to nom nom on her tail when she spoke and the familiar scent of milk and babies hit his nose.

He, very swiftly, shut his jaw and took two steps and very nervously glanced at the horde/army of children that she already had. His ears went back and he lifted a paw, in an attempt to take a step back. “H-h.. allo, yours marg-rest-try… ” and then he’d plop on the ground, on his belly - in an attempt to bow - and glancing at her with wide, curious eyes.^^

the staff team luvs u
08-10-2021, 05:27 AM
"Though it is said that all colors besides brown are wicked - I never truly minded any other until betrayals had set in, and the scorn of white truly came to light." Through the darkness of her tunnel did the Queen coo' her words, a slight nudge toward @Aldritch, her son unblessed in the Déorwine adoration, but given a kiss in maltese grays. It reminded her of a man so long ago, abandoned within the forest as her death had came in the light of an albino elk, like lightning striking down from zues, it had taken her from that world. A prophecy she should've listened while trying to enlist a white male so long ago into her packs claim.. Ah, how blind she was that day.

And now here she was, a brand new time, a name within Elkshire, and eight children to be blessed with - even if their colors are not the same. Even the one before her, thought browns may be there was hints of others, almost as if he would fit into her very own litter of beasts. It may be true, as with her own litter she grew a soft spot. Her body motioned just a bit out of the den, her movements causing the newborns to stir and cry, but her tail padded them in a shushing of sorts, a reassurance that obviously did not work.

"Aren't you cute," a glance at the boy who barely could speak, then to Meissa, "I do not mind taking him in Elkshire, though - he seems of age where he does not need milk.. Do you propose to be his caretaker, or assign to someone else?"

the staff team luvs u
08-10-2021, 05:43 AM
 When Meissa had first met the boy, had first seen him appear as if a specter from the mist - she had not believed her eyes. The first thing that had come to her mind was a question that had been satiated by her witnessing of the children that suckled beside the queen, the way she spoke as if she had lost none. The way none of them truly looked like the boy.

At first, she had thought that in this strange new world, a pregnancy ended with children disappearing from within the mother and appearing elsewhere, ages older.

She was grateful that it seemed not the case, though a part of her bemoaned the idea that in fact, the pains of birth could not be avoided. Even now, in this land of oddities, there was no escape from the inevitable. She watched carefully as the queen observed the child, her head bowed respectfully. When the children began to cry, her eyes trailed to them and softened, something within her wishing to move to them, to comfort them - though she stood fast.

A decision, quick - already decided before making her way here. “I will care for him as if he were my own, if you allow.” Her tail swept gently to the side to brush him, as if brushing a hand gently over his shoulder. “I can either take him with me on my duties or see if Flynn or one of the Sawbones can watch him during the times he cannot be with me.”

She had yet to make any sort of public announcements regarding her relationship with Flynn, but her next step would be to take the boy onwards to meet him. After all, if she was to be the child's caretaker, she would need to find lodging for him and she had been spending her nights with her new beau since shortly before the queen brought her own children into the world fully.

the staff team luvs u
08-11-2021, 04:01 AM
"Perhaps @Teodora would be delighted to when you are busy. When my own are older, I would not mind either - but I do think they are appropriate playmates for the moment." She found it suitable as Meissa was the caretaker, the founder for the abandoned. Though as she was an active woman, would the child be able to keep up? Thus the Queen proposed for the dark, brown woman who was usually alongside a man of gray-blues, she was a nice one, a perfect nanny for a child.. If she so desired to, though. Célnes did not see her refusing.

"What is your name, young one?"

the staff team luvs u
08-11-2021, 04:19 AM
 Ah, yes, Teodora! Of course, the woman seemed delightfully patient and kind when she had met her the one time, much more so than Rosemary, which had been the first wolf she'd thought of asking. No, she doubted Rosemary could keep track of a young boy, even if he wasn't troublesome. “That sounds like a wonderful plan, thank you Queen Celnes,” She dipped her head.

It was not mockery, her actions. Despite being fairly friendly with the queen in their alone time, chatting about this and that as they had done during her pregnancy the one time, she wanted to ensure that the boy learned from the start how he was to act around the royal family.

It was imperative that he learn from example.

When the queen asked the boy for his name, she looked at him with an encouraging smile, nodding if he were to look at her.

the staff team luvs u
08-12-2021, 01:05 AM
^^
The boy did not understand why they were speaking about caretakers, and guardians, but he knew it was not his place to speak -- he was much, much too busy trying to look around the den for Bam Bam. Where could his stick have gone?

The queen did not know about Bam Bam. She did not know about the training he’d skipped out on. At least, she didn’t seem to know, and Archon wasn’t about to spill, either. So he’d smile with the wag of his tail.

For a moment, he looked at his boring tail. Then to Mezza, who had two beautiful tails, then back to the queen. His eyes lingered on her tail, if it was within view. And then back to the children. Did any of them have two tails??

But when the queen spoke, this time asking his name, Archon would smile again. “Qua-eeen Célnes, my n-name is Archon. Pea-sure to meet you!” He would say, bowing towards her as indicated by Mezza.
^^
the staff team luvs u
08-12-2021, 06:17 PM
"My, aren't you bright Archon." A cute one, almost a perfect playmate in the future. Perhaps he would like them by the peeking in the den ; but not yet, she could not let him to see until they were at least older, more able to take any harsh pushing another could. She didn't think that he would harm but, but as children were children, it was a risk she would rather not take. Some part of her wished though, his looks were something to be more desired, then the white spots upon her own children.

A true shame, that slowly the Queen was adjusting to.

"I permit his stay and under your care ; I hope he grows well."

the staff team luvs u
08-12-2021, 06:30 PM
 Meissa could not help but wag her tails gently - a habit she'd picked up from Flynn, of course. Her eyes were lit in excitement as Celnes and the child seemed to get along and finally, after what felt like forever in which she realized she was holding her breath, the queen spoke.

And gave her permission.

“Thank you, your majesty,” Meissa said immediately, bowing once more. “Come now, Archon, let me show you around!” She smiled back at Celnes and the tiny little children under her care. “Maybe in a few months, they'll be big enough to be playmates.” Her chest blossomed with joyous heat when she looked at the boy, genuinely excited about it. She knew she would have to explain to Flynn about their new involvement in the life of this child that was not theirs - but perhaps in time he would grow to be part of the family and greater pack.

Either that or perhaps he would simply grow and detach, as oft seemed to be the case when it came to youth.

Exit unless stopped

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top