Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
I wish I may, I wish I might.

10-08-2021, 02:49 AM
^^Does this make me rolly-polly to? Excuse me, what? Harper arched her brows and slowly - like very slowly - glanced from their new lover to her husband with the tilt of her head. How did they go from being lovers to each other to being cute little pill bugs? Her mouth opened to speak, but thankfully, Crux spoke first.

Harper noticed he was still being gentle with Mordi, despite that his innocence had faded into the night. He had the cutest grin on his face, and Harper couldn’t help herself, and just leaned in to kiss him. Whatever this rolly-polly thing was, she sure hoped that nights like last night would continue. She wondered if she ought to offer him, again, if he wanted to join in on their marriage, vs being a lover, but she figured that was rushing things, and the last thing she wanted to do was to rush him.

So, for now, she’d remain silent to allow Crux to take control of the conversation; it seemed he had more experience in this department, anyway, and Harper wanted to learn more about being patient and elegant like he was. After all, she would need it for the road ahead.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
10-08-2021, 03:08 AM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality
If he wanted to be? Hmm... Why, he felt like he did. Or at least he did with them. They were both like best friends but friends he could do amaaaaaazzziiinnnggg things with. He liked that.

Although while he was thinking over such things, he missed Harper's puzzled look. "This was aaawweessoommneee... I never knew I could do things like this before." He admitted, leaning back on Crux like he was a recliner.

He smiled at Harper when she smooched him and leaned right over to return the favor before resuming his relaxed position.

He closed his eyes and said, "We'll have to do that more often." He felt completely relaxed and at ease now. Just like he belonged here with them. "How're you guys?" Ah man, he had banged the prince. Did that make him a prince too now?
the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.gif]
10-13-2021, 03:41 AM

At Harper's clear confusion, Crux grinned. “Polyamorous,” he explained to Harper with a chuckle and a little shake of his head before his eyes beheld Harper smooching Mordecai. In response to this, Crux's tail began wagging. He loved this, this comfortable... comfort? This ease that they three were in, especially after how clearly and absolutely terrified Mordecai had been the previous day. He wondered what the man was thinking, now that life had changed so suddenly.

The opportunities were everywhere for him now.

Crux chuckled as Mordi spoke and then lay against him. He shifted and lapped at the point between the brown man's ears, chuckling softly. “I'm very well,” he responded, voice husky from the night. “You were very good.”

the staff team luvs u
10-23-2021, 08:42 PM
^^The level of comfort between them was definitely something that Harper enjoyed. She had hated seeing Mordecai all worried and pent up like that. There were no feelings of being unwanted, or unloved, or even jealousy; Crux was clearly happy to watch Harper show affection with Mordecai.

“Yes, very good.. ” Harper cooed softly with a giggle and the nod of her head, though she couldn’t help but to wonder where they would go from here, or more importantly, where did Mordecai want to go from here?

She would keep quiet on that, however, not wanting to push him or make him feel pressured. “So who’s hungry?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
11-02-2021, 01:41 AM
 What was Mordecai thinking? Well, after the comfortableness that was the afterglow with friends. He was thinking about how happy he was and then when Harper mentioned hunger. He was definitely thinking about that, first and foremost.

His eyes popped open and his tail nub began to wag. "Food?!"

He was a very simple man. A simple man with very simple needs.

"I'm hungry!" When wasn't he? "Should we go hunting? Oh oh! OR fishing! Oh! There's also this berry patch we can hit up! I know all the good spots! We can have a morning dinner date thingie!" He was so, so very excited now. "Can we have all three?"

Harper said the magic words.

Words: 112

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.gif]
11-10-2021, 11:20 PM
^^Boy oh boy, had Harper known those were the magic words sooner, she might have had fun with it. Not that she still couldn’t have fun, because she totally could. He was a simple, adorable man, and to watch him glow like that? Harper giggled with a grin, leaning forward to kiss the both of them on the nose as she stood and shook out her coat.

“A morning dinner date thingie sounds great. Why don’t you lead the way, cutiepie?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top