Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
you were so beautiful

Morning Sunny/Clear 21° F
P
Formation
Shiroshika
07-28-2021, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 07:47 PM by Reiko. Edited 1 time in total.)
@Hotaru, directly following after this thread

^^
Carrying as much elderberry branches and daisies as she could from the glacier gardens, Reiko quickly made sure @Tobias was somewhere safe to quarantine away from the others and to find her daughter. Only time would tell if her diagnosis was right, Tobias was lacking many of the other signature symptoms but it was always better safe than sorry with something potentially this contagious.

Not wanting to get too far into the heart of Tsukiishi, she placed the bunches down on the ground and called out for her daughter and waited a moment to give her time to arrive.

At any sound alerting the Empress of someone approaching, she was quick to turn to the sound and call out as loud as her gentle voice could. “Please do not come near, I might be contagious!” Whoever it was, preferably Hotaru... they would listen and not approach where she stood.
^^
the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
Medic
07-28-2021, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 02:43 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Hotaru had been spending her time exploring the mountains further, trying to understand the unnatural wonders of the blossoming sakura trees despite the season and weather. She couldn't complain, the trees were beautiful, but nothing about them should have been possible. It was too cold here for the tree to grow and the petals clung to the branches carefully despite spring long since passing. A call would distract her from her wonders though, the sound of her mother's voice was more than enough to bring her to her paws as she quickly sought her out.

Once she reached the skirts of their territory, Reiko spoke warning her to stay back before she had the chance to fully emerge. Almost immediately the pale girl pause, concern and confusion clearly laced into her features as she hung back with a paw raised. Contagious? What do you mean?

the staff team luvs u
Formation
07-28-2021, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 07:30 PM by Reiko. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^
A small pale figure stopped immediately as she was told - and out came Hotaru's voice. It was bitter sweet to see her now, brought with concern and the possibility of illness floating about. Wanting nothing more than to bathe her daughter in kisses, she stood there with a solemn smile as to not try and worry the princess.  

“My beautiful daughter...” A sway of her tail to keep things calm, to keep herself calm despite how worried she was for a possible pandemic. Well... it could be a worse disease than what she suspected, but still. Sickness was not something to take lightly. I suspect Tobias to have an infectious cough. Because I was near him to find out, I too will be contagious soon.

And what was to come was surely not fair to put on the shoulders of someone so young. “I will have to quarantine, so will he and anyone who has come into contact with him recently. Unfortunately, I ask you to stay away from anyone until you are certain they had no contact with Tobias in the past few days. As well... take over as my Princess until I can leave quarantine. ”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Medic
07-28-2021, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 02:44 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Despite her warning she never once dropped her smile. It was strange...to see someone warn you away, yet act as if everything was fine. It felt unnatural, like a farewell instead of a goodbye. That promise to return despite knowing you would never come back. Hotaru lowered her paw to the frozen ground, her confusion remained despite the wary nature.

Soon it would all make sense though. Even though Reiko seemed fine now, in the coming days she might not be. But for her to rule? The pale princess wanted to deny, she couldn't do such a thing, but truly what other options were there? Most of their members were new...and as princess, it would ultimately become her duty with Haruki still missing. Her lips twisted into a frown, but she would give a simple nod. Alright...I'll do what I can.

Now hopefully the world didn't decide their little home needed some shake-up to the peaceful order they had settled into. Is there anything else? What are those plants? Should I gather more? Most likely they had some sort of property that would help with the sickness. If her mother was going to be hidden away then someone else would need to gather.

the staff team luvs u
07-29-2021, 12:43 AM
^^
Of course Hotaru would be nervous. It was oh so very sudden - but Reiko would not be far. She would not be gone to leave her daughter completely and utterly alone with the weight of the world on her shoulders. They had friends, individuals who cared for their well being and they would all work together to get through this.

Proud of her daughter's decision to do her best given the circumstances, Reiko smiled. She couldn't ask for more.  She too wished that Haruki was here and the twins were together to tackle this situation, but she had a feeling of certainty that Hotaru would do them both proud.“I will not be far.” A little attempt to reassure the uncertain princess. “I will bring Tobias to his den in the Everfrost and stay there until it is safe to return. We can always talk from a distance.”

“These are elderberries and daisies, bringing us more would be wonderful if possible.” A part of her wanted to ask for chamomile as well to help them sleep off the sickness, but Hotaru already had so much on her plate that the Empress kept it to herself. They will do just as well without it.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Medic
07-30-2021, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 02:45 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
Hotaru fought off the frown that was so determined to sit on her face as she nodded to her mother's words. She was right, this wouldn't be forever. How she wished she did not have to go, that she would be alone once more without her and Haruki both, but what good would come should she too end up sick? I'll visit when I can to see what you need. At least that way the distance would not be so bad. Perhaps it would be better to send another in her place while they still settled and grew, but this way she could give updates to the true Empress.

The pale girl took note of the plants at her mother's feet, storing the names away for later along with their appearances. What will they do for you? It would be better to know now, especially if she couldn't acquire more then she could at least try to find a suitable replacement. These herbs would be her saving grace and aid in both Tobias and her mother's recovery. If it brought them home faster then she would make sure they had everything they needed.

the staff team luvs u
07-30-2021, 09:10 PM
^^
“You can visit whenever you need to love.” Even if it was just to talk as mother and daughter, to soothe her young nerves and assure that she was doing a fantastic job. Oh how she wanted to bring Hotaru close and comfort her, the distance was painful but unfortunately necessary.

“They both help with coughs.” And with only a handful of options available to them in the glacier garden, they had to work with what they had. “Elderberries will help lower any fever while daisies will also help with any pain. Together, I hope they will help us heal faster.” What was soon to come she expected sore throats, coughing and some pain radiating all around. To alleviate some would be a blessing and help them come home sooner.

That and plenty of rest. Which should come easy if the pain was managed. But please do not focus on us too much, the pack needs your attention. Tobias and I along with any others who need quarantine will fair just fine.
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-30-2021, 09:21 PM
She nodded with a forced smile, though her eyes would still look pained. It wouldn't be long, and she's not gone. Something she would just have to keep reminding herself over the coming days, but something she was more than confident they would make it through. Got it. I'll keep my eyes out then if I'm out this way. Is there anything else? A how to run a kingdom guide maybe, but that was probably asking for too much. She would just have to play things by ear and...well, see what happens. Growing pains and all it wouldn't last forever at least.

the staff team luvs u
07-30-2021, 09:37 PM
^^
“That is all dear.” She smiled, seeing the concern still warping the beautiful girl even from where they both stood at a distance of one another. “I would not trust you with Shiroshika if I had no faith.” With that word of confidence, Reiko took her parcel up once again and would make the long journey around Tsukiisi instead of through to Tobias' den outside of Shiroshika and in The Everfrost. At least there they would be somewhere familiar and far enough from Tsukiishi to wait out their sickness.
^^End
the staff team luvs u
07-30-2021, 11:07 PM
Once more she would nod, knowing full well the trust and faith that was now stored in her. I know. There would be nothing else to add and so with all said and done, her mother would gather what she needed before heading off. Watching the Empress go, Hotaru would tilt her head back, a howl sang into the air about the Empress' current departure. Then she too would leave to share the news.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top