AW
The Countdown Starts

AW
Discovery
Cold.

She went moisture along her back. 

The soft trickling of rain all around that slowly roused her from a deep slumber. A low droning buzz filler ears, it was almost painful... annoying as she stirred in her sleep. It was just so damn loud - but she was not ready to wake up yet.

Was the sound around her or within her? Maeve could have sworn the sound was coming within her ears, like a little scream that droned on without rest. Paws twitched in her sleep as if she thought of about covering her ears, but instead she only pawed at her muzzle as a flash of ivories responded with a mindless lift of her lip.

At least the smell was soothing. Petrichor all around, the smell of wet grass and moist soil. That alone was enough to keep her slumbering just a little longer... if only she could focus on the sound of soft rain rather than that infernal buzzing. Perhaps it would fade soon enough if she just ignored it.

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
A damp settled upon her back, as she travelled outside the crown itself, and seeking the openness that was the range itself. As it fell to the earth, the plains voided from the native deer that feasted upon the celosia - it was an empty morning, with the slight sound of the raindrops and the occasional caw of a morning bird. Peaceful as it may, her fur shook off the slight dampness that clung closely, dragging her pelt outward. Though no shelter may it be, she continued with being soaked-

for there was a quest. An fire-lit eye glancing at the slumbering figure.

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
all Déorwine children are allowed in threads at any time
The buzzing only grew.

Louder and louder until she could not ignore it any further. 

It stung her ears in a sharp vibrating sound until finally the warm soft brown eyes of hers snapped open with a sudden flash. Soaking in the sight of the strange new world she had found herself in. Not born, and nor quite waking up neither as one would need to be asleep in the first place for that to happen. 

She didn't fall asleep - she just was sleeping. An apparition that came to be and growing more aware of their surroundings.

Shuddering at the cold that seeped through her pelt as the water touched her skin, the tall woman not only gazed around at the grasses but stood up as soon as she caught sight of someone approaching. Though strong, she felt strong, still numb legs wobbled under her weight as if they had never been used before.

“Who are you? Where are we?” Not quite aggressive, she was obviously annoyed with confusion as haze filled her thoughts.

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
"You are in The Elk's Crowns outer territory, The Sleeping Doe's Range.. My home." It was quite simple to see the other was a plain-walker, and it had been quite some time since she last saw one awaken near the forest. Most tend to rise within the inner sanctions of Elkshire territory, but this one in particular seemed to awaken on the outside. There was no deer around as they sheltered within their routes, slumbering underneath the shelter of the trees. 

She was brown, but her brown seemed almost pitch-black like she slowly inched away from the High Elk's grace. To be read as either away from Him, or inching closer to his forgiveness.. She was no divine to read the words of their Patron, and had to relish in the factor none were around, and none to warp her desired for the religions sake. Except maybe Corliss, but her dearest cousin seemed absent most time, being close to the deer herd that went closely to the inner love of The Elk's Crown.

"Do you remember who you are?"

+2 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
"My home" the woman says. Well la-di-dah, how wonderful that she had to be here of all places and greeted by someone who seemed less than inviting. Silently she eyed the woman, unwilling to apologize for something she had no control over as she had no idea how she even got here in the first place.

“Maeve.” Of course she knew who the hell she was. With that said, the lumbering woman tried to get up off the ground with groggy feet. Wobbling to her distaste as they tried to take on her weight once more. “You didn't answer who the hell you are.” She re-iterated. The woman in brown had told her this was somehow her land even though she smelled mostly free-range doe as the air brushed past her nose.

Was she just pulling the leg of a newcomer or something?

“Did you bring me here?” She tossed an accusatory tone toward the woman, certain that she was brought here against her will for some strange reason.

the staff team luvs u
Discovery
The rain continued, dripping into the moist ground with zero cover.. A mudbath for all who passed, she could feel her paws sinking into the mush of it so, a mark being made within it's path. She lifted her now muddy paw, flickering the pass away into the right direction, as a smile continued to hold, "My, aren't you just a little aggressive," Célnes commented, placing her paw in a more.. Dry area. She moved over to the a more vibrant patch of the delicious snack of flowers, where just a bit of shade came to the ground - even and a bit dry.

"No, I did not. I am Célnes Déorwine, Queen of Elkshire - the very land that you stand upon." Grace as she so presented, her chest held in dignity and head high in nobility. A smile so fox-like, calm and delicate but a mischievous tone - she is the Queen.

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
A touch aggressive, more like very aggressive now that she was here and awake - talking to some "mightier than thou" bitch who seemed to be just naturally talking down to her for whatever reason. Fuck this lady, honestly. If she wasn't so tired, maybe she would've already lunged to bite that stupid smile off her royal face.

If she had fingers the middle one would have proudly been held up by now right in the bitch's face as well. 

But Maeve was tired. Confused.

And this woman, "Queen of Elkshire" even if she seemed slender... and weaker - was probably more sure footed right now than the groggy warrioress. So from where she lay, Maeve glared. “I didn't fall asleep here so yeah, a little aggressive is one way to put it.” Spitting fours the words, she tried once more to get up, this time with sturdier legs than before as she could feel her weight on heavy paws. Stretching out those creaking muscles and joints as she looked around.

“Yeah! I get it, this is your land.” She snapped impatiently, feeling the strength slowly return to her body again as if it was being thawed after a long winter. “Fuck! Give me a second to feel my toes again.”

the staff team luvs u
They were a vulgar wolf, the way that they held themselves, the way that they spoke - like a ball of fire ready to scorch. Irritated, though perhaps it was due to her lack of sleep. She didn't respond, just watching as the other thaw herself out of her dizzy state and snap at the Queen. Though difficult in voice and tone, even to control, they were one of the easiest individuals to handle. Emotions always on their sleeve, easier to deal with when she knew what they were always thinking compared to the 'sweet-types,' who she never knew was true to themself, or but a fake.

"You seem lost, perhaps I can guide in the right direction if you are searching for something."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top