Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Ghost town

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
AW
04-19-2021, 11:49 AM
Valette wasn't sure where she had woken up but she was glad to be with her sister Nanook. She felt strange to not remember anything about her life before, except for her sister. It was just one big blur when she thought about anything else. The young female had decided to explore, plus she could do with a drink of water. With that quest in mind, she found the big river that went past the flower field. Once she had arrived she realized how thirsty she was. She eagerly gulped down the cool water until her stomach cramped a bit.

She looked around, water dribbling from her chin. She didn't want to go too far without her sister. She was the only think she knew at the moment. Valette had a feeling she had been good with locations but looking around she didn't remember anything. Valette studied the plains around her, looking for those familiar stones, those rocks she vaguely remembered. But there was no sign of any of such formations. There were only mountains to the west of where she was. She let out a howl to check if there was a friendly face around here.
the staff team luvs u
04-20-2021, 09:43 PM
Miriam was rather reluctant to leave such a beautiful area, but she knew there surely was plenty more of the like. As days went on the trio remained by the meadow for some time, and often would she collect the flowers. Though with unskilled paws, the dream of a flower crown was so little, and she relished at the thought how her sisters would tame birds to achieve this desire. The best that she currently would do was decorate herself, taking a part of the stem and placing within her long flowing pelt. Purple amongst her gray and it brought a delightful smile - though then, she heard the howl.

Curiously enough as it was moreso searching for others, she followed the calling and looked to who it may be, "hello?"

the staff team luvs u
04-21-2021, 08:39 AM
Valette seemed to have success. It didn't take long for a sleek grey female to arrive to her call. She didn't look familiar to Valette. It was not a shock to her, as she couldn't remember much from her past either. The dark pelted female approached the other, her tail wagging. 'Hello," she greeted in a friendly matter. She hoped that this female could tell her more about these lands and where she had arrived. 

"I'm Valette. Thanks for coming to my call," she spoke to the other female. They looked to be the same age it seemed. Valette could already feel a certain kinship because of that. However, maybe the female wasn't as kind as she assumed. So she decided to stay a little guarded. 'Do you happen to be familiar with these lands?," Valette asked.
the staff team luvs u
04-22-2021, 11:22 AM
As he spotted the vast field of vibrant wildflowers, Quicksilver could not believe his luck. He quickened his stride to find himself among them, tail sweeping with enthusiasm at his hindquarters as he excitedly rummaged among them. The petals were vivid and the scents powerful, but he was truly delighted to have come across such a bright and beautiful place.

He wondered if @Reiko had come this way on the hunt for her lost children, and if she'd had any luck in locating them. He couldn't help the quiet anxiety that thrummed to life within him when she crossed his mind, and could only hope that she'd made progress in her search.

The druid pressed on, deeper into the fragrant territory, gaze to the ground as he searched for any plant that might spark some medicinal familiarity in him. Soon distracted by the call of a nearby she-wolf, however, Quicksilver lifted his head and pricked his ears forward. He saw dark furs and a female frame as he continued in her direction, but it was the appearance of another that made him suck in a breath of surprise.

There she was, that girl on the mountainside! The steel-pelted wolfess who'd been so willing to share her hollow with him, but had chose to remain behind when Ira offered safety and shelter from the storm. Quicksilver halted to simply look upon her with relief, his white-tipped tail swinging cheerfully to confirm that the Winter hadn't claimed her.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.png]
04-22-2021, 07:49 PM
"I am Miriam, Miriam Iris Willows," politely did she dip her head to greet the other, them being rather friendly, and seemingly curious, "i'm not extremely familiar," she admitted, "but I vaguely know a bit about around." Though not knowing everything, she was definitely willing to offer to what she did know, after all, there was no harm in it. Doing so, the maiden explained that beyond the plains were mountains and forests, "there is a territorial pack in the mountains, I wouldn't advise to go near." However, sadly that was the extent to what she knew and could only offer an apologetic smile

That did change to rather a more positive note when her nose had caught the familiar scent - someone she was with for a bit while covering from the snow. Miriam was looking around to spot the silver fellow, while his scent was now mingled with the stoneclad lady from before, he still carried one of familiarity. She did wonder why he was beyond the plains, wasn't the womans ack in the mountain?

the staff team luvs u
04-24-2021, 08:58 AM
Valette dipped her head in greeting. "Nice to meet you," she smiled. Her name was quite the mouthful but that seemed to be the case by most wolves. She only remembered that she was Valette and her sister was Nanook. The darker pelted female wagged her tail in response. "Well then you know more than me," she admitted to her. Instantly after the female gave her more information about a pack in the mountains she needed to watch. She nodded seriously. 'I will make sure to stay out of their way," she told her.

She was about to ask her another question when the female seemed to smell something. She turned to see a light colored male. It seemed her call had roused another wolf to come. "Hello," she greeted. Valette had always been generally friendly towards wolves. Especially now she was a loner again. These two seemed to know each other, from what she could see on their body language. "Have you perhaps seen a circle of large stones anywhere nearby?,' she asked then.
the staff team luvs u
05-07-2021, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 08:57 PM by Quicksilver.)
Quicksilver's pale eyes were cast downward a little as two pairs of eyes found his sterling form, naturally submissive in his anxiety. He remained rooted for a time as they looked his way, his own gaze staring at their lower limbs in anticipation of invitation, which came in the form of a gentle greeting.

His steps were tentative, and he glanced between each of the she-wolves as he approached. To the pale-eyed one, she who he was already somewhat acquainted with, Quicksilver shot a brighter smile - silent communication that he was glad to see her again, considering the wild storm they'd found one another in. She was stronger than him by far, he mused, for he doubted he would've survived the cold another day.

To the other, the druid turned his gaze as she piped up in question. This "circle of stones" intrigued him and his lobes sprung forward, curious despite the shake of his pale muzzle in response: “I'm sorry, I have not.” He canted his head a little, eager to create an image of her location in his mind's eye. “Why would the stones be in a circle?”

the staff team luvs u
05-08-2021, 06:42 PM
It was a short but warmthful reintroduction as the two silently smiled at each other and acknowledged their greetings. Though they may know, the other was not as familiar. She seemed like someone who knew where she was going, but lost in the direction. Miriam could only shake her head, "I haven't seen such a structure either." Quicksilver outwardly said it, but she too wondered if stones would produce such an odd shape? There wasn't too many areas where she saw was.. Odd - and was now quite curious on it.

the staff team luvs u
05-12-2021, 02:25 PM
Sorry for the delay! Not a lot of energy.

Valette's questions were quick to be answered by the two other wolves. They both didn't know what she was talking about. It gave her a little disappointment but she was quick to push it away. It was just a vague memory and that was all she knew about it. Maybe it had been something bad. She didn't know. "I don't know why, but that is all I remembered when I woke up here. A stone circle," she explained to them. "But everything tells me that I am no where close to home."

Valette hadn't made up her mind if she was worried about that. She only remembered her sister who was here with her. So if she would need to miss anyone then she wasn't aware. Maybe it was good to build a new life here. Make some new friends. 'You two seem to know each other," she commented then. "Would you mind telling me your story? I could use the company," she admitted.
the staff team luvs u
08-11-2021, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 04:41 PM by Quicksilver.)
“Only briefly,” he answered when one she-wolf commented on how he knew the other, and offered a shy little smile in the lilac Miriam's direction.

He did not have much to share when Valette asked for their stories, their company, but he told what he had: how he surfaced at the edge of the world without any recollection of who he was; how he wandered in circles, then happened across Miriam's path; how Ira had welcomed him to join her; how he'd found a shred of happiness in Vanderfell.

Content to spend some time with the two females for a while longer, he lingered to listen to what stories they might wish to share before he parted ways, uncertain if ever he would see them again.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top