Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I'm gonna run this nothing town,

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
AW
Pre-formation
04-11-2021, 06:55 PM
@Persephone @Hades @anyone in the Pantheon

Very rarely had she gone beyond her forest, a claim attempting to be set - yet proven quite difficult. With very few to her name and finally numbers rising, she had the courage to step out just for a moment. It seemed though the herd often went beyond the forest, there was a place that was a grassy plain, a clear few of the mountain top and even she could spot a lake in the distance.. Around her so were the deers, sleeping peacefully in the sunlight. It was amusing almost, and questionable how they're able to sleep so comfortably in the open. Perhaps this was where they left at times. Internally Célnes dubbed it as the Sleeping Doe's Range, but at the moment there wasn't another thought to be given, as much as the exploration was to be desired, she had the forest to fully explore, as well as to claim.

There was more beyond this range, plains going further and even a forest that was across.. Heavily scented as well. Unfamiliar though to the Queen of the Elk, she did not know this group. When she sniffed their forest, she stepped a few paces back, making it a clear distance from their border and into the plains. Fire-lit eyes was narrowed onto it..

the staff team luvs u
04-13-2021, 05:35 AM
She was adventuring again, moving to explore outside her forest. What an odd thought. Her forest. It felt odd to claim ownership over something like that, but she knew that she would hate it if anyone else had tried to do so. Especially that ruddy wretch that had greeted her so poorly. Seph still hadn't talked to @Hades about @Minthe's appearance, staying relatively subdued and quiet in his presence, a far cry from how she'd been with him before. @Eros' words hung heavy in her head as well, his distrust of the man that Persephone was currently avoiding bothered her, deeply. Not because Eros had made her doubt the King of the Forest (it hadn't) but because she didn't understand why he didn't see what she did.

Her thoughts halted, as her feet did, once the woman cloaked in rich browns and chocolates came into view. She wasn't far from their borders, certainly not close enough for Persephone to ask her to remove herself, but she couldn't deny the curiosity that drew her closer. Was this when Hades would have told her to lift her head? She wasn't sure, but did just in case, hesitant and unsure of her new position. She wanted to do a good job, wanted to make him proud, even if she was avoiding him at the moment.

“Welcome,” Persephone greeted the woman once she was close enough. “Can I help you with something?” The question was gentle and sincere, her inquisitiveness quite plain, just as her slight nervousness was. Was she doing this right??
the staff team luvs u
[Image: 32742104_CtCyQBtRsKxdbdr.gif]
— Hades is welcome in any thread Persephone is in, and, may powerplay her if the need is there
— Mother, please stay out of my threads :c
04-16-2021, 09:31 PM
A golden wolf approached, she reminded her of the bird group long ago, yet there was a more innocence to the other, like a soft glow of a morning cloud. There was words without disdain or cold, but like welcoming a guest, yet a nerve to touch. Célnes smiled, a devil within the fur of a wolf, "I live across these plains, to the forest behind - simply a visitor." Not yet did she state her name or' royal status to the other. Queen of the Elk, and leader of the Elkshire wolves.. Information was important, she did not wish to give without receiving.

"I was curious on my neighbors."

the staff team luvs u
04-21-2021, 10:08 PM
A visitor. Her eyes switched to the direction the chocolate woman indicated, a quiet contemplation rising to control her thoughts for a moment. They had neighbors, and by the way it was said, Persephone deduced that the wolf before her was the leader of said neighbors. Perhaps she was wrong, and it was okay if she was, but she was at least fairly sure. Eighty percent, maybe. Still, there was always a chance that she was wrong, and so the little honey wolf set her assumptions to the side in favor of hospitality and friendliness.

“Well, neighbor. Welcome to Winterheart Forest.” It felt overly formal to her, especially if she followed it up with who she was, but wasn't that what she was supposed to do? “I'm Persephone, Q-queen of the Pantheon.” She faltered, ears flickering back against her skull for a moment, wondering if the woman would laugh at her. “S-sorry. I'm a little new to this.”
the staff team luvs u
— Hades is welcome in any thread Persephone is in, and, may powerplay her if the need is there
04-22-2021, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 06:29 PM by Célnes.)
Though keeping a smile, devilish in looks and taste as her head was high, and she stared down to this honey wolf. There was an internal disdain, perhaps a laugh to boot, but moreso she took the word Queen with a stutter. As Célnes held the same title it felt like a mockery was given, and she deeply wondered who gave this white lotus wolf the title. She couldn't imagine someone following such a weak leader, yet, there was always surprises. A foolish man had many followers, so perhaps the same was true to the golden one.

Nonetheless, a friendly look, as a Deorwine should be, a noble presence, "I am Queen Célnes, ruler of Elkshire," and did not openly laugh at the other, rather, she announced herself. As now the other shared, she shared so back. She didn't comfort the stuttering leader.

"I was unaware for long that we were so close. The plains are quite a divider." In a way she hinted, to remain it that way. They were like a great border between the two, that it was so great the forests would barely interact. Though if the day came the other started to claim a lil' too closely to her own forest.. There could be trouble brewing. Neutrality was what she wished for the moment, especially toward a group that the Queen was unaware of. Members, allies, everything about them was like a numeral she had to now count in.

the staff team luvs u
04-23-2021, 04:44 AM
A Queen. Another Queen, technically, though the other seemed far more sure of herself than Persephone felt. Perhaps she could stand to learn something from her then; pink eyes became observant, thoughtful as she dipped her head to the other before bringing it back up. “Pleasure to meet you, Queen Célnes,” She greeted her formally, using the title given. Having also been unaware of their proximity, Kore frowned a touch before looking back to the visitor.

“They are. A good thing, that.” She didn't tell her that they thought about moving closer to the mountains, or at least claiming territory out that way, father from Elkshire. “How long have you been here?” Not here but in this land, for no one Persephone had met -- save for Medaris -- had been here any longer than anyone else, not really. Her mouth opened then, and then closed as she rethought her question: Would you mind telling me of your pack? Was she supposed to ask, or was she supposed to strongly request? Seph went to speak again, this time phrasing her inquiry differently. “Tell me of Elkshire, if you would.”
the staff team luvs u
04-23-2021, 10:00 PM
"Isn't it manners to share of yourself before asking?" The faintest chuckle escaped beside her silver words. Célnes wondered how far she could press upon this new Queen, and that she could play politics. It had been quite some time since she appropriately could play the part, and only one wolf so far, Styx, could understand the role. Most did not care for such games, and even she when it came to proper business did not play too hard upon it. Though with a.. Interesting pack across the street, just how far could one go?

"We have been there for quite a few months, which is why i'm even more surprised to know we hadn't discovered each other sooner."
While sounding like a jab, it was not meaningful. She too hadn't ventured out from the claims to truly discover beyond what was the Elk's Crown, and it seemed she missed some rather important counters.. Especially to judge for herself, whether this Pantheon would be an issue. She would make sure to drop about them to Vengeance though, just a note for any future issues. It was always well to know who was around.

"We are but simple High Elk followers, less devotee's, but rules still follow. The deer is sacred to us."

the staff team luvs u
04-28-2021, 01:44 AM
Her ears switched back again in uncertainty, frowning at the woman's suggestion that she should have spoken of herself and her pack first. The way she spoke, the way she spun her words, it reminded her of Mother and that, more than anything, steeled her spine. “Were I on your doorstep, yes, it would be proper manners.” What went unsaid, but surely not unnoticed was that the opposite was the present case. The woman, the Queen was on their doorstep. Manners dictated that the guest bare their throat first, proverbially in this case.

Still, Célnes spoke first as requested, placating the untested Queen. “That is odd,” She concurred. “Especially considering we have been here roughly the same amount of time. Truth be told, however, we haven't yet taken much time to venture outside of Winterheart Forest.” There had been a few jaunts here and there, but nothing extravagant. Nothing of note, past those they had met along the way. They had not ventured to the West, or they certainly would have met Célnes or one of her followers.

It was the last bit of information that drew Persephone's attention, curious about this High Elk. Was it actually an Elk or someone that called themselves that? The question was answered in the same breath, though it only generated more curiosities. “High Elk, you say. I have not heard of this god. What is his specialty?” For each god specialized in one, or sometimes a few, things. The gods themselves worshipped no one, and certainly not one another.
the staff team luvs u
04-28-2021, 02:05 AM
"Though i'm in neutral territory, no? You approached me." Though while at their door, she didn't enter, nor' did she knock. The Deorwine Queen was only but a passing neighbor from the corridor, if the other did not venture out, she wouldn't call, and simply carry on her way. They were like uninteracting neighbors, peaceful until provoked. Though maybe she was prodding a bit too hard on this naive Queen. A chuckle escaped from her, like a frosty tone to her voice, but a careful step away from a mockingful one. 

"I'm afraid we should continue another time - it was a curious adventure that was fruitful, but not meant to last." 

She did not comment on their unwandering, as generally Célnes was the same. She did not venture too far from the claim to know of any around, besides Nightwalkers. Though it felt satisfying she was further ahead then this unknown group, and roots were set already around. Unknowingly her best ally, was also one of the best communicators and was spreading his vine to quite a few packs.. She would hope to further upon his root to her own alliances. Though maybe not to this group.. Neutrality felt the best. She didn't desire partnership to a lamb.

"If you wish to know more, you are welcome to visit - farewell, Queen of the Pantheon."

With so, the blue-blooded woman rose to her paws, a short smile with her fire-lit eyes glinting in a mischievous way, but then turned toward her own forest.

exit!

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top