Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Run boy run! This world is not made for you

02-08-2024, 06:49 PM
Why he had stayed, he wasn’t entirely sure. Perhaps it had been the fact that winter had been close on their heels when they’d arrived at the mountain pack’s doorstep. Perhaps it was because he felt that he had nothing better to do. It might have even been the Sunshine Girl herself. Whatever it was, Callan was still here. Still part of Shiroshika.

He kept to himself for the most part, skulking around the borders as a means to keep himself busy. Tracking the movement of prey and predators alike when they lingered close to the territory. There was a sense of duty, that he was taking space here, so he would do something useful at least.

Today he sought out the strawberry blonde girl. There was no real reason, other than the flowered branch that was clasped loosely in his jaws. The branch and its pale, pink flowers had reminded him of her, and since she put up with him, he’d picked it up off the snow covered ground and carried it back, not thinking too far past “it’s pink and it looks like you”.

@Aerwyn
the staff team luvs u
02-11-2024, 06:22 AM
Aerwyn had settled into the pack nicely. While she didnt have friends, she did enjoy the space. Many wolves seemed to be nice, or at the very least tolerant of her presence. Either way, she was happy to have found a pack. Her safety was no longer in jeopardy, and she could sleep soundly at night. All things she happily checked off her bucket list.

As for the man who came with her, she hadnt really seen him. There were times she would catch a quick glimpse, and immediately follow after him, but stop in her tracks and give him space. For some reason, she couldnt bring herself to talk to him. Maybe she felt a bit of shame or awkwardness around him, but it didnt matter. He had taken care of her when she had first teleported to this world. The least she could do was keep him company. Little did she know, he might have had a similar thought process.

Finding herself in the center of the land, the strawberry blonde took a moment to admire the cliffs and the raging peaks. Mist and clouds shrouded them from prying eyes, making it an ideal housing point. Whoever founded this place was a certified genuus. A simple hum escaped her lips before a familiar scent came wafting by. Immediately, she felt her anxiety spike and her heart hammer deep within her breast. Turning on her heels, she came face to face with the mysterious man - "Callan!" She exclaimed with a grin.

Her tail wagged happily behind her as she beamed at the brute. "Im surprised you're still here! Did you end up liking it? Cant really blame you, it is pretty nice," she spewed, trying to maintain the conversation. "Have you grown comfortable? Made a den and all that?"

Her eyes hadnt flickered to the flowers until the end of her spiel. They were a beautiful color. Pastel pinks mixed with soft ivories. Together, they crafted a beautiful aura, and one that was similar to her pelt. "Oh Callan! These are beautiful!" She exclaimed as she approached him. "Who are these for? OH!" she gasped before whispering, "Did you find a mate? Oh, giving her flowers is so thoughtful! Im sure shell love them! You did great at picking out a fine branch."
the staff team luvs u
if you're my death, then im your lifeline
3 - 3 - 3
02-18-2024, 01:03 AM
Perhaps it was because he hadn't made much effort to hang around the mountain that she hadn't realized he was still here, still part of the pack. Why Reiko had even accepted him, welcomed him here, Callan couldn't have said. Nor did he want to try and figure out the mind of a woman he knew even less than he did this one. He already struggled enough with her.

Speaking of...

"Callan!"

Her excitement almost startled him, though the only thing that indicated such was a quick blink of his eyes. As was normal with the dame, she spouted off her rapid-fire questions at him, his fractured mind spinning with all the words he heard and meant to say in reply. And then she saw the flowers and derailed herself — and him, too. But, it at least gave him something to focus on and answer.

But for all she noticed, she didn't put two and two together. His weight shifted as he set the branch between them, his eyes sliding up from the flowers to her.

“They reminded me of you, doll.”

the staff team luvs u
02-19-2024, 09:40 PM
The woman stopped in her tracks, her eyes blinking back the confusion that clearly splayed across her face. Even gling so far as tilting her head to the right, her ears bobbing with the motion. "For me?" Aerwyn questioned, her words more quiet than usual. No one had ever given her a gift, let alone by themselves. Callan had found these flowers and had thought of her, and how she would like them. Infact, she loved them.

Again, her tail swayyed happily behind her, but gradually picked up speed. To the point her entire rear flailed with the movement. "Callan! They are LOVELY! Thank you for thinking of me," she beamed brightly before nuzzling into his neck. Their furs blended as she pressed into him, attempting to show her complete gratitude. This truly was amazing and kind of him.

Forcing herself to calm down, so she didnt appear completely unhinged, the strawberry babe again refocused on the flowers and their small petals. Her eyes glowed with awe as she glanced up at him. "I.. i didnt get you anything. Are you upset? I can find you something! In fact, ive found so many cool things that remind me of you, but wasnt sure if youd like them. And i didnt know if you had stuck around..." she trailed off, clearly flustered from the gift and her lack of one for him.
the staff team luvs u
if you're my death, then im your lifeline
3 - 3 - 3
04-22-2024, 01:14 AM
He was expecting happiness, excitement even. But what he got was so much more than that. The strawberry blonde was ecstatic it seemed, her tail practically slapping her sides with how hard it wagged. He was absolutely not expecting her to shove her head into his neck, his eyes widening slightly as his body stiffened similarly. And yet...

And yet, Callan did not push her away, instead letting Aerwyn linger there until she pulled away of her own volition, leaving the moody wolf to wonder at this reaction and why it seemed to mean so much to her. He hadn't done anything. Nothing at all, really. So... Her immense reaction confused him.

“I don't need nuthin', dollface. Wasn't 'n exchange or whatever. Just... I'unno.” He shrugged, and sat back on his haunches, still a little out of sorts in his confusion. “Nuthin' big, y'know?”

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top