Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
The alcohol served it's tour

Evening Partly Cloudy
AW
Adventurer
11-12-2023, 07:28 PM
Lingering a few feet away from the boarders, but not over it. Feel free to make assumptions though!

At some point, he'd lost contact with his freind. The only one he'd managed to make since arriving here.

It was beyond his knowledge where @Faust could've gone, as Yoshi's own nose had lead him astray long ago. Lost was the young bard from land to treacherous land until he'd found himself wandering the same reddened forests he'd found the sun-scruffed man moons ago -- yet his scent was practically nonexistent. Refusing to let that deter him though, Yoshirō's paws wandered the lands nearest until something wonderful happened upon him -- a scent trail!

Over....packlands? Ah, this must've been where he lived now!

Though it wasn't very polite for one to cross over land that didn't belong to them. Would Faust even remember the man that sought him out like this? With these anxieties on his mind, the noble was left standing there akwardly for what seemed like a few minutes.

"....Hello?" until finally, he mustered the courage to actually call out to it's inhabitants. Or whoever lingered near, at least...

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 68051678_v3jls61aUKNLAj9.png]
English | Japanese
Adventurer
Ecologist
11-15-2023, 08:44 PM
Keeping herself occupied, Estelle studied the lands they were in and once in a while would wander away from the borders to see what else was around she could see. Mostly nothing, honestly, not unless she wanted to go on another week or so long journey away. Which... honestly felt like would happen soon.

Studying a bunch of little red berries, her head tilting from one side to the next with Rem clinging to the coiled fur on her neck doing the same, they wondered both the same thing. "Was this edible?". Mostly out of concern for finding something that Remington would eat during the colder seasons. Apples were far and few in between now, and so an alternate food source will be necessary before he starves over the season.

And Estelle wouldn't have that.

After all, he was her only friend. A silent one, but the companionship meant more to her than anything.

Then their thoughts were cut off, abruptly that made them both nearly jump out of their skins. Someone was here? A voice Estelle didn't recognize, calling out for a greeting somewhere near by! “Let's go Rem, hold on!” She'd say and give him seconds to hold on with his little fingers??? while she quickly trotted to greet what she thought was...

Well he was cute.

Really cute.

Before making an appearance she stood around the corner of a stone. “Rem, do I look okay? No leaves or a hair out of place?” She pleaded the bat who quickly looked her over, grooming a little spot behind her ear before giving a satisfied nod that she was good to go. Taking a long breath in, and an even longer exhale to soothe her nerves...

“Hello! Are you looking for anyone?” She tried to be smooth but her nervousness still radiated as she almost stumbled from behind the nearest boulder.

the staff team luvs u
11-24-2023, 09:11 PM
He could sense someone near -- a scent, and a small lingering voice which made him increasingly nervous. Was he presentable enough to meet with another on foreign boarders? Yoshi was a particular man about his appearance, being how he'd been brought up, and prefered to be well-groomed when it was possible. His journey was quiet rifty and there were times where he'd even forget his own routines in place of searching for the eclipsed giant. Maybe there were a few hairs out of place....

While a tounge ran over the sire's shoulder to give himself a quick groom, his lavender hues traveled upwards at the sound of paw steps -- only to set sight on who approached. It was a pretty young brunette woman, looking to be around the age of a yearling and who's coat was textured in a way Yoshirō hadn't seen before. Tight curls that resembled the wool of a sheep; but in a pleasant way that caught his eye.

In the presence of who he assumed belonged to this pack, his smile warmed and his tassle swayed welcomingly. Placing a paw to his chest, and bowing his head in respect. Evening, young miss. Though the self consciousness of his appearance still lingered, and if he could a drop of sweat might've even leaked from his forehead.

Yet, he kept his composure.

Straightening back up, and allowing himself to face the young she-wolf again. What a lovely, vermillion hued gaze she had. You are quite right! I seek a man by the name of Faust, you wouldn't happen to be acquainted with him...would you? He's my friend....err....I think.... The bard's voiced turned a bit uncertain towards the end. It has been a while since they parted ways -- Yoshi wasn't sure if Faust even remembered him.

My name is Yoshirō Fujiwara -- and who may I call the lovely girl infront of me?

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 68051678_v3jls61aUKNLAj9.png]
English | Japanese
Adventurer
11-25-2023, 11:26 PM
"Young miss." She pouted lightly at the thought. These men were always looking at her like some child. She was a youth! Almost an official adult, she just needed half a year and she'd be an adult! He must be what... a year older than she? He wasn't that much older. But she wouldn't say anything that was on her mind. One, Estelle was too bashful to talk back to the cute guy, but also, she didn't really want to upset him either when he seemed kind.

“You're not sure if you're friends with Faust or not?” She teased with a light smile, a tilt of her head with a giggle that fluttered from her dark lips to lighten the jest. “I can take you to him to find out if you'd like?” She had a feeling that's what he would have wanted anyway. A meeting with Faust regardless if it was about their friendship or not.

Turning her back to him, she'd glance over her shoulder with flick of her tail to welcome him to follow. “Come on, I'll walk you to him.” Plus, they could talk a bit more. About what Estelle wasn't sure, but even a little bit more time would be nice.

“Estelle. Just Estelle.” No fancy long name for her, no sir!

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top