Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

NaNoWriMo 2023 Community Challenge [EVENT]

11-01-2023, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2023, 12:18 AM by Aso. Edited 18 times in total.)
Hello Canis!

It's that time of year again when we all ignore our life priorities and break our keyboards with posts. For those of you who already know what NaNoWriMo is, great! For those of you who think I'm saying a weird conglomeration of letters, NaNoWriMo is a nonprofit organization meant to inspire writers and push creative limits. Essentially, the goal is to write a total of 50,000 words by the end of the month (usually in the form of a novel or other written story), but for Canis we go by total word count across IC posts.

Members who reach 50k by the end of November will earn a NaNo 50k sprite for 2023 which will be displayed on your main account! Awards have no merit in game, they are simply a fun little badge. Additionally, if there are any members of the community who would like to offer other prizes, please PM me on site to discuss!
Note: any offers will be awarded at staff discretion so that the prizes can be shared throughout the community.

Failure to follow through on prizes may revoke your eligibility to win prizes in future events on site. Please only offer if you are confident you can follow through.

We allow for easy tracking by turning on the NaNoWriMo word count in your user settings. It does not matter if you share your count publicly or not; it only needs to be turned on for staff to track your progress. To keep the event uplifting, we will not be sharing a leaderboard!

Important Rules
  • Members should not make their own leaderboard to track other players. If you are found to be doing this, you may have your eligibility to prizes revoked.
  • Any words in OOC or note tags will not be counted, so please utilize OOC code for non-countable words.

• Threading solely with yourself or repeating large chunks of another player's written speech, this is viewed as cheating. A short indication/repetition of another's written speech is fine to denote what your character is reacting to.
  • Winning ends on the 1st of December in your timezone
  • Those who won prizes will be announced on December 1st at some point

How to enter
  • Read all parts of this post
  • Entering acknowledges you have read our rules and notes to ensure your posts count
  • Turn on NaNoWriMo word tracking from your main account: User Links > Edit Options > Scroll down to NaNoWriMo Options > Select a show count option and save
    (this will track all accounts linked to the main)
  • Reply below to be included in the count
  • Write like hell

Past Achievers
2021 — Aso, Noki, Minxy, Cyprin

2022 — Cyprin, Karlee, Buu, Dogeatingdirt, Flowerboy, Minxy

Current prize pool

Prizes will be handed out pseudo-randomly for either those that reach 50k, or those that generally participated. No prizes will be awarded for "firsts" or "mosts"
  • NaNoWriMo 2023 GOAL profile sprite (50k+ words)
  • 1 Full body to 1 random participant (50k+ words)
  • 1 bust shot for 3 random participants

the staff team luvs u
11-01-2023, 06:36 PM
Hi it me I'm here
the staff team luvs u
All of my characters are rated 3-3-3
Plot with me here | Visit my art shop here
11-01-2023, 07:03 PM
Participating!
the staff team luvs u
11-01-2023, 07:10 PM
sign me up!
the staff team luvs u
11-01-2023, 07:22 PM
Count me in as well ^^
the staff team luvs u
11-01-2023, 07:39 PM
participating as well! <3
the staff team luvs u
11-01-2023, 09:10 PM
count me in!
the staff team luvs u
11-01-2023, 11:33 PM
Me, please!
the staff team luvs u
11-01-2023, 11:47 PM
Participating please! <33
the staff team luvs u
11-02-2023, 01:32 AM
boops!
the staff team luvs u
[Image: threadtopimage.jpg]
11-02-2023, 02:36 AM
hell yeah ! would love to participate!
the staff team luvs u
All of my characters are currently rated 3-3-3
11-03-2023, 01:26 AM
Hi, I will join!
the staff team luvs u
11-12-2023, 04:45 AM
I'd love to attempt ^^
the staff team luvs u
12-01-2023, 08:02 AM
NaNo is officially over, and that means it's time to announce our completions and prize winners!

This year, we had 1 member reach 50k! Congratulations to @hanna your profile award will be delivered soon.

As for the prizes
1 full body - @hanna please contact @Noki to claim!
1 bust - @honeywisp please contact @Noki to claim!
1 bust - @Trash Panda please contact @Noki to claim!
1 bust - @Flabs please contact @Noki to claim!
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top