Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew He'd say "I'm gonna be like you

Morning Overcast
P
Paladin
10-28-2023, 08:28 PM

Winter was arriving soon and he was confident with their abilities to survive this winter. Everyone was healthy, strong, including their newest litter. Although he cursed himself knowing it was his fault that two of their daughters had his disability. What he was thankful for was that both also inherited his joie de vivre. Not once did either cry or be unreasonable, a little self-endangerment maybe and not taking their disability seriously, but he too could remember those days. It was natural. Normal. And he wouldn't blame them wanting to be like the others when they were just as strong.

“Rea!” He called, trotting up to his beautifully patchy, roan daughter. “Would you like to come on patrol with me?” He'd slide up next to his first daughter. Bumping his shoulder against hers playfully - in a way letting her know he wouldn't coddle her despite the nervousness he and surely Ira still had about Rea's health. A wound unnoticed can be devastating. Of anyone he would know this best.

But she wasn't a child anymore. She was a strong young woman and adjusted to a different lifestyle than her siblings as he had hoped.

the staff team luvs u
— Hiero has a dull sense of smell, it will affect how I play him and how he acts in threads
scroll to top