Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
perfectly still

Morning Sunny/Clear
AW
08-17-2023, 01:00 AM
Vienne had accepted that, physically, she would never be bigger than this.

Yet she had recently discovered the grand desire to become more. To do more for both herself and her home. She was young still and yet old enough to feel the drive. Perhaps also blessed with the knowledge that this time before adulthood proper should be used for finer learning and preparations.

It might have been best to seek out both mother and father, or rally her brothers as well.

Instead she wished to only gaze upon the softness of her mother (@Reiko) in a private moment of admission of these things. As much as Vienne wished to help others, she knew she must find help too.

The only issue was she needed to find her mother first...

the staff team luvs u
08-22-2023, 03:38 PM
She pranced perhaps dangerously close to a pack, their scent soft but intense all the same. The pink eyed girl had once again ventured off on her own, not terribly Far from @Rosencrantz, but far enough that she was out of earshot, out of his line of sight. This was not to get away from him but to simply have time to herself; she made no effort to hide her trail, no effort to escape him. Persephone was happy enough to keep his company, after all.

Currently, the girl was following a butterfly, hoping that it would lead her to a collection of flowers. The butterfly seemed to have different plans, however, floating over the borders of the pack she was near, leaving Seph to stop where she knew the scent began to get thick, cloying almost. Not trespassing, of course, but lingering all the same, a pretty frown curving the delicate line of her mouth.
the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
08-25-2023, 08:47 PM
That was not her mother.

Brilliant and golden. The sun come down to earth.

Vienne had never seen such bright colors painted on another before. Shiroshika matched their mountains rather well, save for the dark coats of one or two men.

It made her heart radiant too, as if she had been warmed by the colors alone.

Yet this golden girl (woman — but Vienne could not tell, they were both awfully small) stood patiently upon the borders. While she did not think anyone would outright strike down the visitor for simply looking...it would surely inspire more suspicion in others. So let her be the warm welcome and kind face first.

“Hello,” She called out warmly. A butterfly drifted by and away. Further, deeper. She did not think twice of it. “Are you lost or looking for something? Perhaps I can help.”

the staff team luvs u
09-25-2023, 06:27 AM
She smiled, a brilliant thing, a ray of sunshine upon the foot of this mountain. She was excited, happy even, to see a friendly face. A pretty Face, with a a lovely voice to match. “Hi!” Persephone beamed at her.

“Not really, no. I was following a butterfly, hoping it would lead me to a patch of flowers, but I believe it took refuge in your home.” She did not care how ridiculous that might have sounded, how others might have looked down upon her for such an act. “I’m Persephone. Nice to meet you!”
the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
10-09-2023, 03:38 PM
Radiant sunshine.

The woman's smile was as warm as summer days, even if the mountain stayed cool seemingly year-round. This woman brought warmth in her very being.

She understood at once the desire to chase after those that flew, yet she remained happy that the woman had not crossed into Shiroshika. Happier still that it had been herself to come across the stranger.

“I am Vienne, princess to Shiroshika, these lands.” Yet she did not hold herself high as a noble might. Instead she complimented her small figure with light steps, a soft look upon her face. She only hoped that the whimsical royal title did not scare off the sunshine woman.

“I can walk with you along the edge? There is a garden on the other side of our home in free lands, maybe that is where your butterfly went off to.”

Anything to keep the golden woman here a while longer.

the staff team luvs u
10-18-2023, 03:16 AM
“I've never met a princess before!”

There was a brief pain that flashed through her skull when she said it, as if something locked away in her memories struck out in retaliation of her words. She didn't know why. She didn't know what. Persephone didn't even know now that she had been a goddess in a past life, much less that she had met a princess.

“I'd love that,” the golden girl proclaimed once she had recovered (fairly quickly). Her tail waved behind her, happy to make a new friend and explore with them. “You said your home is called Shiroshika?”

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
01-09-2024, 02:49 AM
Her cheeks flushed warmly. She wanted to say it was no big deal, but that downplayed the pride she had in both home and family. A princess did mean much, but she knew sometimes it would not mean anything to everyone.

“It is, yes. My mother and father are Empress and Emperor.” She would not bore the golden girl with a long list of names and titles, but perhaps this painted a picture of Shiroshika. Family strong and forefront.

“But, what of you? Maybe you'd like to share? I've never met someone like...you.” It was spoken with warmth and gentle waves of awe.

Golden and radiant.

Someone who had immediately captured the princess' entire focus.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top