Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Where Did You Go? My Lovely

Morning Sunny/Clear
P
Ecologist
07-21-2023, 03:54 PM
Quicksilver had told her about one of their sons wandering off a while ago. Although she didn't want to bombard him immediately with questions upon his return with oldest brother and father after being found - they still had to discuss the event eventually. Beckoning Filavandrel to accompany her today into the gardens to replenish certain herbs, they travelled mostly in silence other than some tips and tricks on how to travel across the glaciers carefully and safely.

Once they arrived, she turned to watch him follow. Smiling sweetly before speaking. “My blushed dove - where had you gone earlier this year?” Gently she opened the conversation for him to dip his toes into. Continuing on their path toward the herbs as soon as he joined her off the glaciers and onto solid ground to begin their hunt.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
He followed dutifully, always eager to please his mother. Filavandrel had surpassed her in size some time before but still he trailed at her flank as though he were a small babe. She'd requested his company to the gardens that provided for Shiroshika's herbal needs and he went along willingly.

He was everything his parents had wanted in a child: gentle, patient, obedient. The boy rarely stepped a paw out of line and if ever he did, it was unintentional. Filavandrel lifted his over-sized ears at a rather unexpected question directed his way, and surprise was clear in his vibrant eyes for a moment before he splayed his lobes and thought back on that brief, lonely time in his young life. He hadn't gone there, though. Something mysterious had deposited him there, and he swore he'd never return.

It wasn't something he particularly wanted to talk about, but he swallowed and parted his jaws to respond: “a frozen place.” He paused, blinking down at his lilac toes and watching the way they moved with each step. “I... I woke up there. I didn't fall asleep there, I know I didn't, and it was -” Filavandrel felt a little frustrated with his inability to explain how he'd been so lost yet only on his home's doorstep.

the staff team luvs u
07-23-2023, 06:52 PM
Even as she moved ahead, her ears were tilted back to listen to his feet against the snow and ice of the glacier, the soft pats on grass to reassure herself he was close behind. Though her eyes watched the horizon as they travelled, her attention was on him - same with all her children as they moved away from the safety of their borders.It was difficult to not coddle them - neary impossible - but she knew better than to be overbearing... even if sometimes she may be seen as such.

First his movements stopped. Drawing her sight from the horizon before them onto the young prince who was visibly confused. Rounding to his side, she aimed to comfort him with a shoulder, a kiss on the cheek. His mother wasn't furious, she had to make sure he was aware. Concern and fury weren't from the same garden after all.

“Though you were born here - this world is a strange one, and continues to be.” It was all Filavandrel and his siblings knew. Brushing her cheek against his, there was very little hiding the concern that gripped her. How members and family vanished and how thankful that some, especially a wayward son - again - had returned. “Perhaps we should find a way for any lost to find their way back should this oddity occur again.” Any, as in not just her children, but all who sought refuge in Tsukiishi.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
scroll to top