Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
tell me that you're always going to be my life

Sunrise Sunny/Clear
P
Saltwoods
06-21-2023, 07:04 AM
i figured the old one could fade where it was...? there is strong muse in this one oops lmk if not okay <3
@Esmerelda

Saltwoods sat comfortable now it seemed.

A few gunners protected the shorelines, an angler tended to caches and worked the sea. The Captain and the Mystic wedded in their own magical moment and brought forth a new name among the island.

Nerei.

The sun rose and shined upon them all in a moment that seemed idyllic and serene. As peaceful as the coast may ever be. Within the island's slumbering state, she cradled her wife. How odd peace felt, somehow. Like Wake wished for more life to bloom among the island and take root in their strong start. Like she wanted that life to be loud and rambunctious in its strength.

“Not quite big enough for many more, but for now, I think it's perfect.”

She recalled it with a bloom of warmth in her chest.

“Esme,” She mumbled half-asleep still but needy in her want for her wife's attention.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Nopeita-Wake.png]
06-24-2023, 03:27 AM
When would another thread not be okay?! Plz. they are my whole heart. Its a bit short, sry! <3

Dreams came and went as easy as the tide, fading in and out as one ended and another began. Some were more pleasant than others, some more memorable, and others completely nonsensical. Esmerelda would never remember them all and she never hoped to. Each morning, she woke with the sun and the sea, the remnants of her dreams falling away as easily as the dirt fell from her fur.

This morning found her yet asleep, happily nestled within the cocoon of her lover's limbs. Sleep-called visions still shifted about her mind's eye but at the siren's call of a voice she knew so well, they began to fade, leaving Esme to off a soft, sleep-riddled “Hmm?”

the staff team luvs u
06-26-2023, 04:44 AM
She was greeted with a soft mumble.

Wake sought to plant a kiss or two upon sleep-fluffed cheeks. “Good morning,” She rumbled warmly against her beloved. Tongue pressed against the back of teeth for a moment as she snuffled deeply through the salt curled wisps of the Mystic.

She had enough manners to let her wife rise from slumber before she plunged into any deep conversation.

“The sea is singing to me today.”

the staff team luvs u
07-06-2023, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2023, 08:26 AM by Esmerelda.)
So so sorry for the wait dear ❤️❤️❤️ been a busy bee. Phone post

“Bom dia,” The grey coated siren would murmur softly, her native language, the language she thought in giving her sailor a drowsy good morning. It was no uncommon occurrence, as it took Esme some time to wake up properly, and until she did so the words that slipped her tongue were oft a heady mix of Portuguese and English.

“Que melodia ela canta?” (what melody does she sing?) She asked, eyes cracking open slightly as she wiggled around in Wake’s grasp so the she could face her. A sleepy smile pulled at her face, utterly relaxed as they lay there in their cozy, island den.
the staff team luvs u
07-07-2023, 06:01 AM
same + but i would wait literally forever for an esme post so no apologies pls

That silver tongue greeted her in rolling ways.

Tasteful words — that Wake ought to wonder if she should learn. She could pick her way through some things here and there but...ah, full conversation would be lost upon her. Speaking of...

Something about melodies slipped through. As such, she could only assume her wife had heard her clearly despite the sleep lingering in the air.

“Oh, she singing 'bout love to me today...'bout cozy hearths and warm hearts. Bustling homes and loud shores.”

the staff team luvs u
07-09-2023, 04:07 AM
About love. Esmeralda purred a happy and content sound, a kiss laid upon the muzzle of the one she was wedded to. And yet a yawn parted her jaws, taking in a big breath of air as she tried to pull herself closer to wakefulness.

The yawn was not needed though, when she registered what Wake had said. Blinking the sleep away, she put a paw to dark furred chest to push herself backwards a bit, giving her the ability to find that silvergrey gaze and search for an answer. An explanation.

Her heart fluttered in her chest.

“Bustling homes?” She would query, zeroing in on the notion. She had briefly brought up such an idea before but they had both somewhat shied away from it. Now…

Another thud, ears and eyes attuned to the face of the one she loved so dearly.
the staff team luvs u
07-09-2023, 05:27 AM
“I wanna say, first, I'm not trying to rush you...”

Yet her tail thumped slow but steady beneath their cradled bodies.

“But we built a home, we got the rest of our lives together...” Her breath soft and she wished to nestle into the careful breastbones of her beloved. Yet she knew they must look at one another now. As a bonded unit, as wives, as leaders. “You interest in that one day? A bustling hearth with little bodies? Wee Nerei running around.”

the staff team luvs u
07-10-2023, 09:31 PM
Yes

She did not wait for Wake to finish her explanation.

Yes yes yes. And subsequently covered the other woman in kisses, close as could be once more, tail thumping against the floor of their home with a happiness she could not even begin to contain, even if she wanted to.

Truly, the gods of this world had blessed her, putting her here on this world and waking up to the very woman she would build hearth, home, and family with. She could practically cry with the joy and love she felt then, and did not notice the tears that rolled from her eyes to wet the ground below her head.

the staff team luvs u
07-10-2023, 09:55 PM
They had been here before.

She noted how quickly her wife burned with her emotions, grappling them like a bear fight. Oh how the ferocity of a lover's keenness terrified her as much as it melted her. No one had ever burned as bright for her as her Mystic did.

“Hey,” She cooed softly, letting her tongue lap up the saltwater that spilled forth from the ocean's mystic's eyes. “No need to cry over it...we'll get it sorted.”

Yet she understood why she might, how the emotions might have felt too big to stay contained in a single body.

How her own gaze grew a bit misty now too.

the staff team luvs u
07-10-2023, 10:41 PM
She hadn't even realized the overflow of her emotions,, and laughed joyously as Wake attempted to comfort her.

“No, meu amor. I do not cry for sadness. Only for the joy and love I feel with you. I've never felt this way before and this morning, I am simply overwhelmed with it, in a very good way.” Esmerelda would nuzzle her lover's cheek tenderly, planting another set of kisses there. “I have never been more happy that you found me on those shores.”

It seemed as if each passing day only taught the silver-mottled wolf to love her other half more and more, her heart feeling fuller every morning they woke alongside one another. It was a godly experience, one that humbled her, in a way, and did not at all in others. “My Captain, tell me that you will always be in my life, that you will stay with me until time itself ends.” She had heard such lovely affirmations before but wished to hear them again, here and now.

the staff team luvs u
07-10-2023, 10:54 PM
“You're stuck with me, my beloved wife.”

She purred and sought to wrap her forelegs around the mottled neck of her wife, to tuck her safely against her own chest. A tongue swept up to lick along a forehead and stop near the base of a grey ear. The soft furs tickled there by the gentle breath of the captain.

“I will always be in your life. If we find ourselves in another life again all over one day, I will search the shores for you again. I will wed you in each life until the end of time itself for I'd be unable to live a life without you.”

And she meant all these things.

Wake had not thought that the woman she had bedded among the dark shores of Raven Rock would be her wife, that they would build a home with a crew. Oh but she would do it over and over. Endlessly until the universe itself dimmed into nothing.

the staff team luvs u
07-18-2023, 04:35 AM
She could not help the way her ear flickered in rapid succession as Wake's breath rustled the fine hairs there, laughing again as she ducked her head and snuggled in against the plush chest of the wily creature that had stolen her heart from the moment they'd met. This position was even better, for with her ear pressed against the woman's breast, she could hear the heart that thundered in the cage of her body as she spoke those sweet words to her.

“And I you, my love. Our story will be as timeless as the stars above the seas.” Those lavender eyes fluttered closed now, taking in the moment, taking in everything she heard and felt and thought and emblazoned it all upon her heart and soul; this was a pivotal moment in her life, another in knot in the red string of fate that tied the two of them together, and she would cherish it always. The start of new life, all under the name Nerei.

Her heart was full, moreso than it had ever been, all filled by the Captain herself.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top