Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
A lady's entrance

Morning Sunny/Clear 72° F
AW
05-30-2023, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2023, 02:37 AM by Des Troy. Edited 2 times in total.)
The sun was bright, piercing through the sky and onto her fur, illuminating the earth as she walked upon it. A deranged look flashing in her eyes, her hips slightly swaying side to side in accordance with her movements. The violence that had been put on display in front of her eyes, the mutilation of a rodents corpse, the way its skin became mangled, its dying screams only flooding her brain with dopamine. She understood what it meant to be a killer... and she liked it...

Her gaze cutting across the horizon, one of orange, yellow, and blue. The water on the islands shore splashed up on the sand, dragging it down to the depths below. How the ocean was beautiful to her, the way it was both alluring and merciless with the way she would rip your legs from under you if you weren't watching. A sharp inhale filled her lungs with the salty air, a slight burning sensation in her nostrils after. She wasn't used to climates like this, but sure enough, she would adapt, much like she always did.
the staff team luvs u
-Ton visage est beau dans un champ de fleurs  |  3,3,3  |
Formation
Content Warning
05-31-2023, 05:33 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2023, 05:33 AM by Wake.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Misgendering (Accidental) + Crude Wordings
She was mighty tired of her patience being tested day in and day out.

Kindness (in whatever rugged form she could give it) seemed to be met with being ran over. Again and again. Some women were proving to be no better than scoundrel men it seemed. Yet the men continued to get on her nerves worst of all.

Like this one who waltzed onto the beach. Did men just have no braincells? Did all their thinking exist solely in their dicks? Maybe she'd bite them off as a message.

“Hey!” She snapped harshly, figured all ruffled and puffed up. Prepared to chase them off (even if it meant into the waters) if they did not have a damn good reason for being on her shores. This was her beach and she'd make sure this one learned that right quick.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Nopeita-Wake.png]
Content Warning
05-31-2023, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2023, 04:59 PM by Des Troy.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Crude language
For a moment she was deafened by the rush of "happy chemicals", ones that were filling her heart with glee as the female figure spoke out from above.

"Hey!"

Her head snapped towards the location from which the voice had come from, stopping promptly on the sandy shore. "Hello?" Her voice was solemn and soft, almost inviting as the words rolled off her tongue effortlessly. There was something different about her, something that made her seem, by many people's definition, 'slutty'. "Something a matter? I didn't bother you, did I?" Destiny's voice was getting more and more dainty, mimicking her movements, the way her hips swayed from side to side.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
06-01-2023, 05:15 AM
sorry this is short, trying to stay caught up :x

Was she being taunted?

That was all it felt like these days. Like the world chucked test after test at her. It would have been far too easy to raise her head and sound an alarm, to bring down the strong slow-forming arm of Saltwoods.

“You're on my beach.”

Her words were sharp and pointed.

the staff team luvs u
06-01-2023, 11:03 PM
Absolutely no worries!

"You're on my beach!"

"Mmm.. I don't see your name on it, but whatever you say." She would roll her eyes, being a little snarky as she stepped off the beach and on top of a small boulder. "This your bolder too?" She sassily asked, taking the moment to sit down on the stone, somewhat curious of exactly how far this stranger would go, how far she could.. would push the figure before she would strike. "Then again, I suppose my name isn't on me, and yet I'm still mine, no?" There was now a sense of ease in her eyes, one that portrayed the idea she was just walking across the island and didn't want any trouble.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
06-03-2023, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2023, 04:09 AM by Wake. Edited 2 times in total.)
Pushed and pushed.

Wake already lived on a thin edge. Recent agitations only heightened this enough for her to instantly snap at once.

Suddenly launched, snarling and snapping. If the rogue did not move fast enough, Wake's teeth would be upon the stranger. Intent on leaving the mark of Saltwoods upon them. After all, the stranger had questioned names upon things.

Blood was a universal name.

One that Saltwoods would bare proudly if it meant to protect their home.

the staff team luvs u
06-03-2023, 04:08 AM
With almost no warning the figure was in the air, darting towards her as she scrambled out of the way, her athletic ability possibly being the only thing that allowed her to move so fast. The female's maw visible and practically foaming at the amount of aggression steaming off her. Clearly, she wasn't in the mood to talk, and Destiny wasn't in the mood to find out exactly what it felt like to have two rows of teeth digging into her throat. 

Despite the fact that she wanted to run, she took to time to first pin her ears, baring her teeth and clenching the muscles that surrounded her fibula and tibia, ones that would be key in helping her recover from attacks, or more accurately, run from them. 

A thought flashed in her head, one that shook her to the bones. "What if she wasn't alone.. after all, she referred to the beach as Her's and there is no way she had claimed all this land herself." She took split seconds to come to this conclusion, bolting away at the first chance she was given.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
06-03-2023, 04:13 AM
feel free to fade if she's gone-gone!
tags for reference!

No more would Saltwoods take residents of those who disrespected the beach, the wolves that tended to it. Wake would leave any with the memory of their claim in one way or another. Just as she expected @Esmerelda or @Deimos to do too, if it was called upon.

So she was loud in her chase, howling and snapping the whole way out. She would not relent until the stranger was beyond their borders — and all of Saltwoods understood that this land was theirs to protect.

the staff team luvs u
06-03-2023, 04:19 AM
Alright, sounds good! Despite how this thread went, I do want to find a way for her to "apply" to the Saltwoods pack (Unless this is your way of saying she's not welcome which I'm perfectly okay with to be completely transparent with you) :D

Destiny would run and run and run, not stopping until she had reached the opposite end of the island and all the snapping, hollering, yapping, and howling had subsided for minutes on end. Then again, maybe the figure was stalking her. No, she wouldn't take the chance.. She promptly jumped into the water on the side with Gomesia's Ruins, swimming south towards a small sand bar that was relatively close.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top